The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

No Tricks, Just October's Treats

Today was like a summer day with no humidity...beautiful! :)

[smilie=iagree] Same here - sunny and beautiful! 80 degrees in the fall feels so different than it does in the summer. The air feels 'heavier', even tho the dewpoint is low, KWIM?

My last melt of the day is Scentsationals Comforts of Home, from a CF buddy. Yet another winner! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Have a good evening everyone! [smilie=th_goodnight]

I've just come back from a weekend camping at the beach so campfire has gone on to extend the feeling... probably followed up by a beach scent but not sure which one yet...

It's 75 degrees here in So. Cal. Beautiful day. Burning McCalls, State Fair, apple pie. I need to go wax shopping tomorrowbike-038.gif

Wow, lots of great melts going on this weekend!

[smilie=lookgood]

Yesterday, I couldn't bring myself to melt anything in the living room because my DD had Ocean Mist from Can-Do in her room, and it was drifting out everywhere and smelling SO good, that I just couldn't ruin that flowery beachy scent even tho I have been thoroughly enjoying fall scents. I wish I had smelled this a week or so ago, I just got an order from Can-Do and definately would have included a big bag of this one. Oh well, next time if the oil doesn't get gone.

:D

So I got back on track this morning before she got up and started the day with Mimi's House, also from Can-Do. Today's melts also included Cinnamon Spice from BHG, which I picked up at Wally World this morning (I was bummed tho, last time I went they had a huge end-cap full of those clams and I wanted to get more of the good fall ones, and this time they had very few and no end cap display of them, my store is not know for great restocking either, darn!)

:(

Also melted Crunch Cake, which was a freebie from Candle Dippers, I think, definately NOT my thang. Pumpkin Eggnog from Candles by Victoria which, surprisingly did not throw all that much (I thought CBV tarts were pretty strong). My late evening melt is Pickin Pumpkins from CFTKR.

:rolleyes:

I loved hearing about all the pumpkin food everyone's been having. This morning I wanted to make home made waffles and was gonna throw in a little canned pumpkin and some spice, but alas - the cupboard was bare of pumpkin, so I will have to get some this week.

^_^

Enjoy the last of your weekend, and wishing you all a good Monday!

[smilie=th_cha69]

Good MONDAY morning, everyone!

I hope you all are off to a good start ( or are about to be to those still snoozin)

I turned all the melters on as I stumbled to coffee awhile ago, the only one I smell right now is the re-run of Pickin Pumpkins from CFTKR.

Last night I wasn't sure what I thought about it, but I'm liking it pretty well.

0fVBjOAZF.jpg

Good Morning! 1901765j8di9rrqyl.gif

Getting the kids off to school and burning my Sweet Annie candle from Scentsible Scents

We had glorious weather all weekend also! It is supposed to continue for at least a couple more days!!!

Go Lions and Go Tigers!!! Roooaaarrr!!!!

Have a great Monday everyone!

cute216.gif

Good Morning just got my melters out of the freezer and getting ready to melt strawberry shortcake from wahm's. Have a great day everyone. Hope some of you are enjoying a 3 day weekend.

Good Morning!

It was a busy weekend. The two DD's were home. My DS has been working lots and I have hardly seen him since June. He was supposed to come home this weekend too but had to work. We all went to the pumpkin patch yesterday with the whole family. It was a nice day. The weather here was in the 80's. Gorgeous!

Going to start the day with LOL Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake and LSC Candy Corn.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

How's that Sweet Annie candle Aria? It's going to be another stellar day in Indy. I think Fall will be making it's appearance later on in the week. This morning I am melting TDC- Havana and Carol's-Autumn Harvest. DH worked all weekend on our kitchen cabinets. He got a large section painted and they look great. We went from the original wood finish (50) years old to paint. So far, a world of difference with the ones he has finished. I have pictures up on Fb..Well, I hope y'all have a wonderful week.

Had my bday this weekend and hubby bought me HIS favorite YC scent--Midsummer's night. So now my house full of boys (3 sons, hubby, and male doggy) smells like men's cologne. Gotta go burn some bakery scents quick!

Michele, that's a bummer your DS had to work. :mellow:

Katz, I bet the new paint job really spruces up the kitchen! What color did you go with?

Lonegirl, I hope you had a [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d That's funny about your DH buying you his favorite scent. [smilie=th_foolish1] Sort of. [smilie=th_fear8]

Our fundraiser was a great success. It's a lot of work but a lot of fun, too. Everyone enjoyed it and now we're glad it's over! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting Can-Do's Very Vanilla. It's spectacularly wonderful. Spectacularly. :cupid-arrow:

Gail

Had my bday this weekend and hubby bought me HIS favorite YC scent--Midsummer's night. So now my house full of boys (3 sons, hubby, and male doggy) smells like men's cologne. Gotta go burn some bakery scents quick!

[smilie=th_1819] Lonegirl!!! Your post made me laugh...I have the same problem...my DH buys me gifts that HE likes!!! [smilie=th_roll] One year he got me a really lovely fold down desk...he has used it ever since. [smilie=th_fear8] I hope you enjoyed your birthday anyway!!! :)

Gail~ Congrats on the successful fundraiser!!! You did good!!! :)

Today it's:

Soy Breeze Spiced Pear...this is crumbling and not throwing at all. Maybe too old...it's been about a year 7 months since I bought them.

Banana Cake & Zucchini Bread...unnamed...I'm not a fan of banana but this is lighter in banana and more ZB...I like it!

Have a good one! :)

He got a large section painted and they look great. We went from the original wood finish (50) years old to paint. So far, a world of difference with the ones he has finished. I have pictures up on Fb..Well, I hope y'all have a wonderful week.

You and your DH are my heroes!!

[smilie=th_allah]

I have the most horribly outdated old-looking kitchen cabinets and it's a project we have talked on and off about for YEARS. Asked around at Home Depot a couple of times because we have no clue what you need to do to prep them, etc. and always left feeling like they were just trying to sell us something.

So I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear from someone who'se really done it.

And moreover, I would LOVE to see the pics.

Can you friend me on FaceBook - Laurie McCormick Davis (unless we are already friends, I lose track of people's *real* names sometimes but I didn't see any kitchen cabinets posted in the new most confusing facebook feed they've come up with yet!)

Michele, that's a bummer your DS had to work. :mellow:

Katz, I bet the new paint job really spruces up the kitchen! What color did you go with?

Lonegirl, I hope you had a [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d That's funny about your DH buying you his favorite scent. [smilie=th_foolish1] Sort of. [smilie=th_fear8]

Our fundraiser was a great success. It's a lot of work but a lot of fun, too. Everyone enjoyed it and now we're glad it's over! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting Can-Do's Very Vanilla. It's spectacularly wonderful. Spectacularly. :cupid-arrow:

Gail

Hi Gail! where was your fundraiser held? I believe that you are in the high desert. I'm in Upland.[smilie=th_blij47-1]

today were burning

yc red apple wreath and apple pie

yc gingerbread votives

slatkin vanilla caramel votives

both scents in votives are in a 7 cup fall votive piece I picked up at Goodwill.

Melting

scentsy vanilla oak

s&S choc chip zuch bread

I'm getting ready to fire up something new, but I've been melting CBV Fig Lychee most recently.

I've been looking at the pile of Granny Smith apples on my kitchen counter and thinking I need to get busy on making pies. (We had to pick the apples off our tree because of hard frost this weekend.)

Maybe I will burn CBV Baked Apple Strudel next. Bet that will really get me motivated to do some baking!

Have a great Autumn day, everyone!

I'm melting Carol's "Sweet Milk" (a new favorite!) in the living room and Haley's "Battle of the Sexes" in my room. I think they are both getting close to spent... I think that I'll have to dump them out after car pool.

Afternoon, everyone! Making a rare daytime appearance :lol: Had a busy weekend at work, and got caught up on my DVR when I got home - was way behind on my shows! Gorgeous weather since Friday - sunny and in the 80's - too bad it won't last - boo!

Melts for Sat./Sun. were:

Front Porch Pink Black Licorice, TDC Apple Mango Tango, TDC Eucalyptus Spearmint, LSC Celtic Mist, OLC Driftwood, and OLC White Christmas.

Can I be your next-door neighbor? Everything you burn, I like the sound of!

So what does Chergui smell like??

Absolutely, Laurie! You can come up here in Summer, and I'll go back down there with you in Winter - deal? :lol:

Chergui is a dupe of a spendy Serge Lutens perfume of the same name, and is totally my kind of scent! I also love the SL dupe of Un Bois Vanille - a lovely non-foody vanilla! LOL has it in tart form.

Chergui description: A woody aromatic fragrance with notes of honey, musk, incense, tobacco leaf, hay, sugar, amber, iris, rose and sandalwood.

I don't get any of the iris or rose, and that's fine with me :lol:

As far as I know, only Luna Bleu sells it in tart form. Ordering from her hasn't been a great experience over the last year, so I use them sparingly. On the plus side, I can buy it in bath and body products from Valerie's Uncommon Scents, and Lathers and Lights - though she calls it something else - Tunisian Breeze. Stumbled upon it's familiar scent description AFTER I placed my last L&L order - figures :lol:

Have a great day, candlefinders, and I'll drop by later with my evening scent selections :)

I'm melting Carol's "Sweet Milk" (a new favorite!) in the living room and Haley's "Battle of the Sexes" in my room. I think they are both getting close to spent... I think that I'll have to dump them out after car pool.

Oops. That's 'Sugar Milk' from CFTKR, not 'Sweet Milk', which is from another vendor... Who? I'm all out. :(

I just put on CFTKR 'Autumn Morn' - we'll see how it melts. Cold sniff is just lovely!

Another Sweet Milk fan here. mmm mmm

I've been melting Harvest Spice from Swan Creek until now. I just switched it out for CFTKR - Ginger Pumpkin Snap. I'm also burning two YC votives - Witch's Brew.

Today it's LSC Cinnamon Roll. I have also been enjoying my new Yankee 3-votive holder -- I have 3 Garden Sweet Peas in there right now. I like how it becomes one big candle.

Afternoon, everyone! Making a rare daytime appearance :lol: Had a busy weekend at work, and got caught up on my DVR when I got home - was way behind on my shows! Gorgeous weather since Friday - sunny and in the 80's - too bad it won't last - boo!

Melts for Sat./Sun. were:

Front Porch Pink Black Licorice, TDC Apple Mango Tango, TDC Eucalyptus Spearmint, LSC Celtic Mist, OLC Driftwood, and OLC White Christmas.

Absolutely, Laurie! You can come up here in Summer, and I'll go back down there with you in Winter - deal? :lol:

Chergui is a dupe of a spendy Serge Lutens perfume of the same name, and is totally my kind of scent! I also love the SL dupe of Un Bois Vanille - a lovely non-foody vanilla! LOL has it in tart form.

Chergui description: A woody aromatic fragrance with notes of honey, musk, incense, tobacco leaf, hay, sugar, amber, iris, rose and sandalwood.

I don't get any of the iris or rose, and that's fine with me :lol:

As far as I know, only Luna Bleu sells it in tart form. Ordering from her hasn't been a great experience over the last year, so I use them sparingly. On the plus side, I can buy it in bath and body products from Valerie's Uncommon Scents, and Lathers and Lights - though she calls it something else - Tunisian Breeze. Stumbled upon it's familiar scent description AFTER I placed my last L&L order - figures :lol:

Have a great day, candlefinders, and I'll drop by later with my evening scent selections :)

Lathers and Lights makes a great Chergui -Tunisian Breeze) The last time I ordered some edp's I asked about making that scent in a tart and one was included with my order. I would love to be able to order some more, but I don't know if she doesn't do tarts very often or what. It is a great scent...