The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

No Tricks, Just October's Treats

DH's car was in the shop all day today.

Mpfand - awww geeeze....so sorry to hear that! :blink: Sometimes I think it would be good to go back to horses & buggies. But, then I think of all that shoveling... [smilie=th_cha66]

Today I have Covered Bridges from Ye Old Candle Cubbard. I hate having to buy bags without ever smelling - it's an "okay" smell, but definately not a fave.

Laurie - CFTKR just added a new scent with that same name that I was curious about. Here's her description - Covered Bridges-This scent has an ever-so-subtle sparkling ozone top note, a dried floral heart of vetiver, jasmine, rose, and green marigold, and finishes with earthy, woody, patchouli, amber, sandalwood and cedar base notes. Crisp dried leaves with an earthy, gentle breeze creates magic and romance..Brightly colored leaves reminiscent of a breezy day and a certain bridge in Madison County Does that sound like the one you just tried? Was it real floral-y? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

I'm melting CFKTR's Old Colonial Hearth. The jury's still out on this one, not sure if it's for me. I think I got it because of the the name [smilie=th_cha40] ....sounded 'Williamsburg-y or New England-y.

Maggie, I liked your apple facts and now I like your pumpkin facts. How nice it would be if they really cured snakebites, eh?

Thanks Gail...I love strange facts...I wonder how long it took before someone noticed that it didn't cure snakebites?!?!

Good evening tonight i am melting Apple Cider and Cindy's Apple Pie both from Buggytown.

Hey Stella, how do you like Buggytown?

Added Autumn Wreath candles from Nellie's Acres. :)

Good Afternoon.

My dinner is ruining all the lovely scents I have going...all I smell is meatloaf. [smilie=th_pullhair] And I'm not a big fan of meat so it's even worse. Argh.

Oooooh, how I HATE when that happens! I mean, really -- I know dinner is a necessity and all, but geesh - the nerve to compete with our tarts!

:o

I feel your pain, and personally - I despise meat.

Laurie - CFTKR just added a new scent with that same name that I was curious about. Here's her description - Covered Bridges-This scent has an ever-so-subtle sparkling ozone top note, a dried floral heart of vetiver, jasmine, rose, and green marigold, and finishes with earthy, woody, patchouli, amber, sandalwood and cedar base notes. Crisp dried leaves with an earthy, gentle breeze creates magic and romance..Brightly colored leaves reminiscent of a breezy day and a certain bridge in Madison County Does that sound like the one you just tried? Was it real floral-y? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Here's what it says on Ye Old Candle Cubbard's site:

Covered Bridges - Brightly colored leaves reminiscent of a breezy day and a certain bridge in Madison County. This complex and wonderful scent has an ever-so-subtle sparkling ozone top note, a dried floral heart of vetiver, jasmine, rose, and green marigold. Notes finish with earthy, woody, patchouli, amber, sandalwood and cedar. Crisp dried leaves with an earthy, gentle breeze creates magic and romance!

(sound familiar!? I guess the vendors don't always make up their own descriptions - lol)

Anyway, it sounded TDF to me, but all I can smell is something vaguely coffee and licorace. Neither one of those is in the description.

[smilie=th_idontknow]

Maybe I'm just having an off day, but I didn't really like it at all.

And even sadder, I ordered it from Carol, too. I wonder if it will smell the same?

This evening's final melt is Harvest Days from CFTKR. Smells pretty good so far.

HAVE A GOOD EVENING!!

:rolleyes:

Looks like I have pulled out another OOB [smilie=th_shout] - Norman's Natural Candles, Lemon Lavender.

MP - seeing your avatar - I wonder if I missed The Great Pumpkin this year!?

ETA - the show, not the veggie!

Hey everyone! Day off today and never left the house - perfect :lol: Did alot of cooking/meal freezing and a bit of housework. Putting off washing the kitchen floor - I'll do it before bed so it'll be bone dry when I get up - no muss, no fuss [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonite's smellies:

LSC Mint Green Tea in the living room. This is from my latest order and it's LOVE!

Cheryl's White Pear and Peony in the bathroom

Backroad Hobbies Coffee Bean and Peppermint Stick combined in the bedroom. Nicer than it sounds :lol:

Have a great rest of your night, everyone! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

coffeebath.gif Anyone want to join me in a cup of coffee? lol

Just started Pumpkin Creme Brulee, a sample I got from Carol. Not sure I will like it as it has a slight caramel note on cold sniff. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Also have Strudel & Spice melting upstairs...it's from Ye Olde Candle Cubbard

debra, I don't think you missed the Peanuts special...not sure it's been on yet. I love that one too!

Good Morning need lots of coffee today [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe so glad i found the pumpkin spice one. Getting packed up for another race weekend. This morning i am melting Amaretto from Shayz and Still have my Cindy's Apple pie from Buggytown going. Have a great day all.

Sheila~ I think your combo sounds [smilie=th_fabulous1] ...actually, I picked up a Coffee Mate creamaer in Mocha Peppermint (SF) and it's yummy!

Today I'm melting

Cinnamon Noel Cookies from CCCC...a fav!

Country Thyme from Perfect Scents...this one is taking over the house...good thing I like it! :)

Woodland Breeze from Cozy Cottage upstairs.

Have a good one! :)

Wow, it's quiet here today...where is everyone? Tweet.gif I have been home all morning since they are repaving our street...cars can still go through, but I thought I'd just stay home so they can get the job done. It will be nice since there were several sections that were starting to crumble very badly.

Stella, I am loving the Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer I found at the store yesterday. yum.gif

As expected, I did not care for the Pumpkin Creme Brulee tart this morning...too sweet and caramel-y. It's just too much for my nose.

I have switched to Carol's Harvest and also her Orange Clove...it's smelling all groovy and spicy in here now...much better.

Think I may need a nap later this afternoon sleep027.gif There was some neighborhood 3d6b7c52.gif in the wee hours of the morning involving the teenage girl across the street...loud talking, sobbing, slamming of car doors and on and on....I was ready to rollingpin.gif...ended up having to close the window.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled scent thread....carryon.gif

Melting mimi's House from Can-Do. Also have Apple Pumpkin from YC. I wish they would restock this scent.

TJSMom, I notice you mentioned race weekend, are you a fan of Nascar or is it local racing? My husband is a huge race fan of any kind.

Hi all. After a rather unpleasant trip to the dentist this morning, I am now burning my Diamond Candle in Carnival Candy. It's basically been burning since I received it, since I am feverish with anticipation to get the ring out. But I will...not...dig!!

[smilie=th_aola]

(I will hopefully be able to post p0rn sometime between now and the end of this weekend.)

Today's melts:

Spotted Hog - Vampire's Vanilla Pound Cake

Tara's Candle Cottage - Toasted Apple Cake

Candles By Victoria - Surprise candle

MP - seeing your avatar - I wonder if I missed The Great Pumpkin this year!?

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been on yet. It's usually the week of Halloween, but with it being on a Monday this year, it may be the week-end before.

Melting Red Delicious from Scentsy.

Melting Bamboo White Tea by Essenza. Very nice and fresh. Picked this up at Cosco. A kit that contained a electric melter that reminds me of Scentsy. It also came with 4 different scents. 4 packs of 8 chips. All for $20.00. I'm impressed![smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

I am melting Haley's, Pink Sugar Fruitloops. I LOVE this scent. It is soooo strong.

In another room I just started BH&G - Wildberry Cheesecake (absolutely love this scent)..

Have a good evening everyone... [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Haven't seen Trep here all week. [smilie=th_cha69] She always gets us up in the morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe and Debra tucks us in at night. [smilie=thzzz003] Hope all is well with you, Trep! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I'm melting McCalls Grandma's Kitchen from a CF buddy. [smilie=th_teks0311] I'm smelling the spices in the cupboard...cloves, cinnamon...good and spice-eeee! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Hi everyone! I'm just popping in for a minute to read the latest posts and report on my SOTD. It's CCCC's Serendipity. Really yummy and I also love the name! Who wouldn't? [smilie=snoopy]

Gail

Today's melts:

"Pumpkin Cheesecake" - Kim's Tart Candles

"Lady Apple" - CFTKR

"Pink Sugared Watermelon" - Haley's

"Gain Apple Mango Tango" - Backroad Hobbies

Have a great night everyone!

My son and fiance' race Atv's every other weekend we race cross country all across Oklahoma its a club with about 900 members and i do their scoring.

Tonight's melts are Amish spice from ye olde candle cubbard and nag champa in the bedroom. have a great evening all i am worn out [smilie=th_goodnight]