The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

No Tricks, Just October's Treats

You and your DH are my heroes!!

[smilie=th_allah]

I have the most horribly outdated old-looking kitchen cabinets and it's a project we have talked on and off about for YEARS. Asked around at Home Depot a couple of times because we have no clue what you need to do to prep them, etc. and always left feeling like they were just trying to sell us something.

So I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear from someone who'se really done it.

And moreover, I would LOVE to see the pics.

Can you friend me on FaceBook - Laurie McCormick Davis (unless we are already friends, I lose track of people's *real* names sometimes but I didn't see any kitchen cabinets posted in the new most confusing facebook feed they've come up with yet!)

I'll send a friend request so you can check out what my DH has done so far.

Michele, that's a bummer your DS had to work. :mellow:

Katz, I bet the new paint job really spruces up the kitchen! What color did you go with?

Lonegirl, I hope you had a [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d That's funny about your DH buying you his favorite scent. [smilie=th_foolish1] Sort of. [smilie=th_fear8]

Our fundraiser was a great success. It's a lot of work but a lot of fun, too. Everyone enjoyed it and now we're glad it's over! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting Can-Do's Very Vanilla. It's spectacularly wonderful. Spectacularly. :cupid-arrow:

Gail

Gail: The kitchen cabinet were varnished wood and we went with a color called St. Francis Clay Angel. Its in the off-white/stone family of colors. The walls we did in a sea salt blue. We also installed mosaic tiles on the back splash and on the wall behind the cooktop. Is is a real improvement and I can't wait to get this project finished.

Absolutely, Laurie! You can come up here in Summer, and I'll go back down there with you in Winter - deal? :lol:

Sounds like an absolutely GREAT deal!!!!

Chergui is a dupe of a spendy Serge Lutens perfume of the same name, and is totally my kind of scent! I also love the SL dupe of Un Bois Vanille - a lovely non-foody vanilla! LOL has it in tart form.

Chergui description: A woody aromatic fragrance with notes of honey, musk, incense, tobacco leaf, hay, sugar, amber, iris, rose and sandalwood.

I don't get any of the iris or rose, and that's fine with me :lol:

As far as I know, only Luna Bleu sells it in tart form. Ordering from her hasn't been a great experience over the last year, so I use them sparingly. On the plus side, I can buy it in bath and body products from Valerie's Uncommon Scents, and Lathers and Lights - though she calls it something else - Tunisian Breeze. Stumbled upon it's familiar scent description AFTER I placed my last L&L order - figures :lol:

Yes, I have heard of their excessive TAT - boo! Have you looked for Tunisian Breeze in a tart somewhere else? Just a thought.

Enjoying the lovely day with the windows open...can smell my tarts sitting out on the deck... [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

CFTKR Falling Leaves from a CF buddy...smells so unique on cold sniff...can't wait to sniff it hot! [smilie=thank_you]

CFTKR Cranberry Zucchini Bread

Have a good one...off to the hair dresser soon.

I'm done with that 'Autumn Morn' tart. It was lovely, but the oak/leaves note is really strong, and I can hear my husband complaining already.

Tonight's melt is 'Vanilla Pinecones' from Missy's Tempting Tarts. One of my all-time favorite scents. I need to find another vendor's version that I like as much... I noticed that CFTKR has it, and so does Crosscreek. Has anyone tried this scent from either of these companies?

[smilie=th_e16]

Tonight I'm melting McCalls Autumn Leaves I didn't care for the cold sniff on this one but once melted it's [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Have a great night everyone!

Tonight's melt is 'Vanilla Pinecones' from Missy's Tempting Tarts. One of my all-time favorite scents. I need to find another vendor's version that I like as much... I noticed that CFTKR has it, and so does Crosscreek. Has anyone tried this scent from either of these companies?

Jedda - Haven't tried Carols yet, but, I've had Deana's and remember it was a good un! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

I'm burning GC's White Pumpkin. Not uber pumpkin-y, but a definite delicious bakery sniff with brown sugar and ginger. I [smilie=th_00000020] GC candles! Speaking of pumpkin...it was a banner shopping day in the grocery store. :ssshopping: I finally got the pumpkin spice Eggo's and found some pumpkin pie yogurt, not the same brand as yours, Debra, but the stores (anyone else have a Giant Eagle?) brand. Can't wait to try em! :confettistars:

Jedda - Haven't tried Carols yet, but, I've had Deana's and remember it was a good un! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

That's good to know, thanks! I'm puttin' it on my list.

I am late tonight been a busy Monday my evening melts are Apple Jack and Cinnamon Vanilla both from Buggy town i mixed it 1/2 and 1/2 in 2 melters and it smells great.Have a great evening

debra, have you tried the "air delight" Hershey's kisses? Those are yummo too.

I have tried those, Aria! They are pretty good, too!

I am trying to burn old candles so make room for more! Tonight it is Cucumber Melon by Dream Soy.

Thank you, Maggie. It was a really terrific weekend! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Hi Gail! where was your fundraiser held? I believe that you are in the high desert. I'm in Upland.[smilie=th_blij47-1]

You're right, Barbara. I'm in the high desert, and I remember you being in Upland. Lucky you, not too far away from Home Goods and the soon-to-open Hobby Lobby. The fundraiser was in Apple Valley. We've been doing it for eleven years. We raise funds for our dog club's needs but we donate a bunch of money from our proceeds to various rescue groups in the area.

Oh my gosh Katz, your color scheme sounds seriously gorgeous! Mmmmm mmmmm![smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

I'm burning McCall's Merlot this evening.

Gail

Good morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Sugar Cookie Zucchini Bread from Carol

katz, I am sure your kitchen will be just lovely...love the mosaic tiles. I've been looking at some at HD and wondering if I could do it myself.

Good Morning i finally found the pumpkin waffles and pumpkin spice coffee for my keurig really looking forward to breakfast today [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I am melting 14-Karrot Cake from front porch and Pink Serendipity from CFTKR. Hope you all have a great Tuesday

Katz~ Your kitchen sounds beautiful!!! I love the mosiac tiles!!! :)

Today it's:

Fruit Loop Cupcake from Crosscreek

Candle Shop from CFTKR...another gift from a CF pal... [smilie=thank_you]

Off to work! [smilie=th_snoopy]

Good Morning i finally found the pumpkin waffles and pumpkin spice coffee for my keurig really looking forward to breakfast today [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I am melting 14-Karrot Cake from front porch and Pink Serendipity from CFTKR. Hope you all have a great Tuesday

Yum, Were did you find these coffees for you Keurig? Bed Bath and Beyond did not have them in my area.[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I'm not TJ'sMom, but Keurig.com has Pumpkin Spice coffee and lots others. I like that Pumpkin Spice but I'm nutso for the Summer Raspberry one, FWIW.

I'm melting my first ever Tara's melt, a freebie in Jamaica Me Crazy. It's making me crazy in the best way possible! Outstanding! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Thank you, Tara!

Gail

Yum, Were did you find these coffees for you Keurig? Bed Bath and Beyond did not have them in my area.[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I found them at my local Target. They were also on sale - buy two boxes, get a $5 gift card! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I'm melting CFTKR "Autumn Morn" and Yankee "Midsummer's Night"

Thank you puppy and Jedda. I wll be on the lookout for these coffee's.penguin-007.gif

I placed my first order with Front Porch Candle Co. I was so excited that I forgot which melts that I ordered.[smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

Good evening all! Tonight's scent selections are:

Candles

Spiced Pumpkin-YC

Harvest-YC

Tarts

Autumn Harvest-CFTKR

Spiced Pumpkin Pie-BH&G

Good evening tonight i am melting sweet tarts from sinful scents and its not throwing at all think i will be changing it out real quick. I hate when i get duds. Have a great evening all