The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

No Tricks, Just October's Treats

Woohoo! October is finally here. We've got some slightly cooler weather for the weekend, so I'm melting CFTKR's 'Autumn Morn'. Love this scent!

Great name and I can't believe it's October already come on cool weather catch up.

Today in my camper I am melting apple cider from buggy town it's perfect. Have a great

Weekend everyone.

Started the first day of October with a YC tart- Amber Glow. The weather is gonna be cool and windy day for the Fall Festival downtown. Lots of vendors, music, food and fun...can't wait. Have a great day everyone!

Laurie - great October thread title! [smilie=yes]

Ember's Pumpkin Spice...this candle is driving me nuts...It smells SO GOOD but has no throw! Now I am OBSESSED with finding this scent in tarts! It smells like the inside of a country store...apple cider, pumpkin pies, wood floors, and cider donuts. Does anybody know a scent like this? I would say the cider donuts is the strongest...the apple cider and pumpkin pies secondary. The wood floors is a background note but it all comes together so nicely. I need to get some!

MaggieMae - that sounds SO good! :blink: I wonder if U emailed & asked what FO company makes that particular scent if they'd tell U? If U could find that out, several vendors (Cheryls, etc) might get it for U and make some tarts. I'm not familiar with Ember....I'm off to check em out. [smilie=th_snoopy]

This woman told me to keep burning Yankee Candles as they were her account at work. It turns out that she is a research analyst for their bonds. She sent me French Vanilla, Blueberry Scone and Lemon Lavender. This just made my day!

Michele - how cool is that??!! [smilie=th_c61] I think lots of us would like her job, too!

Sweet - let me tell you about my pumpkin-flavored obsession - Have you seen the Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses?

Debra - Oh noooooo...I'm gonna have to make a trip to Target - those sound delish! Maybe I'll find the pumpkin Eggo's there, too. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting McCalls Autumn Leaves. Really good - never smelled anything like it. Sometimes I think it's on the verge of bakery (kind of a nutty scent), but then it's got an edge of woods to it, also. It's good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] It's a very fall-ish day here with a high of only 49. I'm not complaining, tho. [smilie=th_1286B215]

Enjoy your day everyone! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

[smilie=th_e16]

Melting CFTKR Pumpkin Souffle and Baked Appples

Burning Goose Creek in Cider

Sweet-- McCall's Autumn Leaves sounds wonderful! I just received the newsletter saying the double wicks are buy one,get one half off for the month of Oct! I may have to give that one a try. [smilie=th_aa17]

Enjoy the day everyone

Hi everyone,

Very cute thread title, Laurie. Your one suggestion beat out four of mine. Now that's success, girlie! :D

I went hiking in the mountains yesterday. The fall color is on the verge of a brilliant explosion at 7,000 feet. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

I'm still enjoying the spectacular Mango Mint Tea from LSC. Lucky, lucky me. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Gail

I'm not familiar with Ember....I'm off to check em out.

MaggieMae - I haven't found an Embers Pumpkin Spice candle. [smilie=th_cha69] Do you have a link?

Sweet-- McCall's Autumn Leaves sounds wonderful! I just received the newsletter saying the double wicks are buy one,get one half off for the month of Oct! I may have to give that one a try. [smilie=th_aa17]

Skylar - it's a good un! [smilie=yes] I'd be glad to send U a bar of it to try before U get a candle. Drop me an email (member area ) & I'll send it off. I got the newsletter about their candle sale too. There'll be SO many sales from now until the holidays. Can't take advantage of them all...can I? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

I've changed to BH&G's Country Kettle Corn. It's [smilie=th_fabulous1] - very realistic!

Just got home from the Yankee store where I was drooling over the new Thanksgiving and Christmas scents and accessories. I got some tarts to try a few things. I am not much for fall and winter scents but always like to give the new ones a try if I can.

For the evening it is a tart of Yankee Blueberry Muffin. Have a great night everyone.

Usually I dona't get here until bedtime, I am way ahead of schedule today!

I went to a coffee and cookie tasting this afternoon. It was unusual and fun! It was interesting to try small amounts of lots of different brands of coffee. I hope the caffeine is not with me all night! :shock:

I am melting Lime Crystal Kisses from Tuscaderos

Yay! It's finally October. My home is all decorated for autumn. I'm burning Slatkin Pumpkin Patch and melting Spotted Hog - Pumpkin Donuts.

I'm melting FP Bodacious Blackberry. It's okay, but not as good as FP's blackberry blends. Sez my nose anyway. [smilie=th_pardon]

Debra, your tasting party sounds like a lot of fun!

Gail

We have acquired 2 new feral kitties from some where in the neighborhood. They are here morning and evening to eat so I think they are bulking up their weight and coat for Winter.

Katz - one of neighborhood ferals had kittens in late July or and they just showed up to eat today. Talk about adorable! :wub: I give them canned food to help bulk em up for winter, too.

Debra - coffee & cookie tasting sounds fun! I sure hope you're not like this -----> [smilie=th_smilies-1] when it's bedtime. Did you find any new favorite flavors? [smilie=th_blij51]

Jules - great minds! [smilie=th_clap1] I'm ending the day burning Slatkins Pumpkin Patch candle, too.

Slatkin - Apple Crumble

YC - Autumn Leaves

Swan Creek - Warm Caramel Apple

All candles tonight

sweet, so happy to hear you like Autumn Leaves from McCall's...I know I have raved about that one before...it's very unique. I am almost done with my large jar of it... :crysmiley1:

I got a box from Carol yesterday...and today, a box from Can-Do. I am loving it all.

Have a great night everyone 55fh1.gif

Great thread title, Laurie! Congrats! :)

MaggieMae - that sounds SO good! :blink: I wonder if U emailed & asked what FO company makes that particular scent if they'd tell U? If U could find that out, several vendors (Cheryls, etc) might get it for U and make some tarts. I'm not familiar with Ember....I'm off to check em out. [smilie=th_snoopy]

MaggieMae - I haven't found an Embers Pumpkin Spice candle. [smilie=th_cha69] Do you have a link?

Sweet...It's a cheapo candle from The Christmas Tree Shoppe...I can't find a link either...I'm so frustrated because the cold sniff is so amazing!! II've been checking out lots of places that sound like they might have it...no luck yet.

Tonight:

Melting Haley's Insane Zucchini Bread

Burning Ember's Pumpkin Spice

Great new title, Laurie - congrats! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Evening everyone! I'm here way earlier than normal - for me anyway :lol: Had today off to meet up with a bunch of friends at a restaurant down the beach here. I do a party every year for St. Maarten lovers - we know each other from a travel forum. I've gone there every March for nearly 20 years and go nowhere else by choice :lol: I see some of the attendees down there, and some only here. Always a great time getting together again!

Last night's melts were:

Front Porch Sweet Dreams in the living room

Backroad Hobbies Old Country Store in the bathroom

TDC Cedarwood Vanilla in the bedroom

Tonite's good smellies:

LOL Lavender Sandalwood in the living room

Orchid Lake Orange Grove in the bathroom

Front Porch Pink Hydrangea in the bedroom

Actually have to hit the hay soon. 8:30am staff meeting, then back from 1pm to close. Hate those meetings with every fiber of my being :angry: Have a nice Sunday, everyone!!

Happy October everyone! One of my favorite months! Celebrating the new month tonight with Autumn Lodge and Autumn Wreath jars from Yankee. And melting Fireside from Yankee and Caramel Apple from Beezy's Tarts...smells so good!

Good Beautiful Sunday Morning,

I am melting in kitchen - Blueberry Noel (Haley's) - very good and strong

In Living Room, Wildberry Cheesecake (Better Homes & Garden)- LOVE this scent - favorite

[smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Good Morning! [smilie=th_316785e4]

Starting out with CCCC Farmhouse Apple

YC Oatmeal Cookie

CFTKR Warm Gingerbread and Apples

Hey Sweet,I tried to e-mail you,but I was not allowed.Thanks so much for the offer,you are such a sweetie!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Sweet...It's a cheapo candle from The Christmas Tree Shoppe...I can't find a link either...I'm so frustrated because the cold sniff is so amazing!! II've been checking out lots of places that sound like they might have it...no luck yet.

MaggieMae - hope you can find that scent - sounds wonderful! [smilie=yes] If all else fails...remember that Doc at Busy Bee's may be up to the challenge of duplicating it 4 U. [smilie=th_c032]

I'm burning and melting the same scent..McCall's Country Store. The 2 wick candle is great, but as good as it is, the tart is even stronger, so, now my whole house is filled with this awesome scent! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

It's a grey, drizzly, cold morning here. I'm praying it clears up cuz we have a huge Octoberfest today [smilie=th_drinks] (crafts, vendors, food. Nope - no beer. :lol: ). Years ago I used to do that show and know the countless hours the crafters put into preparing for it. [smilie=th_insane]