The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Feast of Fragrances

Last day school today before thanksgiving break. My kids are in a new school this year. Last year Jr Highers would'nt be the ones caught having a party,while the lower grades did.

At this new school I feel really bad for my 5th grader as she was looking forward to have a thanksgiving feast with her new friends. I suspect because she's in a combo class with 6th graders,that is why they are not having a party. Perhaps the other 6th grade class is not having one. But whats interesting is that the full 5th grade class is having one. So here my daughter in Jr High is having a feast, and my other daughter is not . [smilie=th_cray]

On this grey and dizzley day I've got alot of candles going:

Apple Spice by GCC

Christmas Cupcake by YC

Cinnamon Stick by YC

Be Thankfull by YC

Pumpkin Buttercream by YC-its an interesting scent,not sure if I would buy it again.

Fresh Balsam votive by Slatkin

Pumpkin Pie votive by Colonial

Melts going are:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by DP

Lovely Lemon Curd by LB

Honey Pear Cider by Scentsy

Sure smells good in here as I am still using up my stash and am not buying anything.. [smilie=th_e13]

Christy, Sorry you didn't have a better time...I agree with Boogie...it would have been great if you could have went with someone who would have enjoyed it! :)

Today:

Apple Harvest from Shady Mountain

Twigs & Berries from Fragrant Memories

:)

Christy-My DH wouldn't even have bothered to come. Next time go alone or with someone who would enjoy it as much as you.

I went to Walmart this afternoon to check out all the Christmas scents you were all talking about. I actually scored some really good ones.

I got-

Classic Frosted Gingerbread

Spiced Sugar Plum

Spiced Apple Wreath

Spiced Creamy Eggnog

Maple Candied Almond

Butterscotch Maple Cream

I also got a set of 5 beautiful votive holders, votives in Winter Wonderland and a candle in Winter Wonderland.

Right now I am burning a candle I got from the outlet. It has the writing on it and it has maple written on the front. It is a Kitchen/Baking scent and it smells good!

I already did what I didn't want to do-I ordered too many Christmas scents. I have some left over from last Christmas as well. I guess I need to be on a melting frenzy. Anybody else do that? I always say I don't need anymore but I just can't resist. [smilie=th_create]

I already did what I didn't want to do-I ordered too many Christmas scents. I have some left over from last Christmas as well. I guess I need to be on a melting frenzy. Anybody else do that? I always say I don't need anymore but I just can't resist. [smilie=th_create]

Michele~ I do that every year except last year. So this season I only had 4 Christmas scented melts and I went on an ordering binge...Now I don't know if I'll be able to melt them all before Spring. :wacko:

Michele~ I do that every year except last year. So this season I only had 4 Christmas scented melts and I went on an ordering binge...Now I don't know if I'll be able to melt them all before Spring. :wacko:

[smilie=th_lmao-1]

Melting a Scentsational wax cube in cotton candy. I thought this one smelled kinda plasticky on cold sniff. I was wrong -melting it smells just like a sweet cotton candy scent from the fair. This company is impressing me more and more. They also make the BHG wax cubes for Walmart.

Burning a Slatkin Leaves candle..was able to get one more evening's burning out of it

Melting a Scentsy Cranberry Spice in a Scentsy warmer.

Good Evening!

Added melts:

Sugar Cookie Dough Bread from Backroad Hobbies...amazing!

Apple Harvest from Shady Mountain is still crankin'...great!

Added candles:

Sunrise Cinnamon Bun from McCalls

Leaves from Slatkin

Autumn from Slatkin

Autumn Wreath from Nellies Acres

Michele, 3 or 4 years ago I got totally out of control around the holidays and ordered so many tarts that I still have enough (as in plenty) for THIS SEASON. I just checked my stash the other day and it includes EW Frosty Farts and Coffee with Santa, if that gives you any clue.

Today I melted CHC Butternut Pumpkin, and none too soon. The little tart baggie was a total mess. I have one more messy CHC one and then those will be done.

Christy, I remember three years ago when EW's Coffe With Santa was all the rage around here!

Tonights scents are:

Tarts:

Kathy's Cranberry Jam-Can-Do

Pumpkin Gingerbread-Can-DO

Candles:

Pumpkin Pie-YC

Autumn Fruit-YC

Apple Pumpkin-YC

Michele, 3 or 4 years ago I got totally out of control around the holidays and ordered so many tarts that I still have enough (as in plenty) for THIS SEASON. I just checked my stash the other day and it includes EW Frosty Farts and Coffee with Santa, if that gives you any clue.

I still have some Coffee with Santas and a Frosty Farts too.

Hey everyone! Busy night at work - the last few weeks have been great, actually. Hope that holds through the entire holiday season - mama needs to buy more tarts after the New Year :lol:

Tonite's smellies:

CFTKR Baby Powder in the living room

Front Porch Pink Hydrangeas in the bathroom

Front Porch Apple Mango Berry Tango in the bedroom - nice twist to normal AMT - the berry is great in this!

Have a swell Saturday, and keep warm if it's chilly up your way! :thwetkissf:

Starting out this morning with Autumn Fields from CFTKR. I really love this one.

Yesterday, I melted Pumpkin Pie from my new Haley's order, and the first time (I did it twice), it seemed to throw, but not for too long, and the second go-round didn't really. The cold sniff is very faint as well. I know some people have said they don't get much from Haley's, I've found them to be hit-and-miss in the past, guess that one was a miss.

[smilie=th_sign0164]

no biggie

Yesterday evening, I put in Plumberry Spice from Can-Do, but alas, I forgot to turn the warmer off and it is dead this morning.

[smilie=damn]

I hate when that happens.

This is my first year melting "holiday" appropriate scents, and I have come to the conclusion that pumpkins are not for me. They are all way too foody for the most part. LOL So I'm using all that up. When does everyone break into their Christmas/Winter stash?

I have Amish Quilt from Cozy Cottage in DS room, he likes the cinnamon/spicy ones, but when he gets going on the darned X-Box, I don't think he even realizes he's in his room, let alone what it smells like. He's in there jumping around and talking on that headset with his best friend who moved to California a year or so ago. LOL I should tape him and put him on YouTube, he looks pretty funny (to me).

[smilie=th_smilies-1]

This is my first year melting "holiday" appropriate scents, and I have come to the conclusion that pumpkins are not for me. They are all way too foody for the most part. LOL So I'm using all that up. When does everyone break into their Christmas/Winter stash?

glitterfy072402T829D39.gif

Good Morning busy day ahead we have 11 guest coming out Tuesday and staying until Saturday i want to get lots of stuff cooked up these next 2 days so i am not a slave in the kitchen. Melting Hey Sugar from CFTKR. Have a great day all.

When does everyone break into their Christmas/Winter stash?

Laurie - I'm somewhat of a seasonal melter, but I'll melt any scent I really like regardless of the season. [smilie=th_pardon] If you're wanting to break into your Christmas/winter stash - go for it!

I'm melting Nene's Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookie. It's good, but my fave Oatmeal Cookie scent is still PI's. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

We got the keys to our new house yesterday. :thyay: One of the first things I took over there was a melter along with a bar of Welcome Home from Scentsy. The house is so incredibly filthy it actually makes me gag. The toilets all look like the worst gas station bathroom you've ever been in. My mom thought I was exaggerating until I sent her pictures. I can't wait to scrub every inch of it and then go to work on making it the beautiful home it was intended to be. I seriously do not know how people live in such filth.

When does everyone break into their Christmas/Winter stash?

Laurie...I usually break into my Christmas stash when I get all my decorations up...but of course, sometimes a little here and there whenever I feel like it! :)

Melting:

LOL's Coffee Cake & Spice

Nene's Balinese Cascade upstairs

Have a good one! :)

We got the keys to our new house yesterday. :thyay:

Mpfand - [smilie=th_slider_congratulation How exciting for your family! Sounds like a a lot of elbow grease is needed, but I know you're up for the task. [smilie=th_clap1] In the meantime, your waxies will at least make it smell great! [smilie=snoopy]

Good Morning!

mpfand-Lots of luck with the new house!!

Melting today CFTKR Holiday Cookie. This smells really good. It is making me hungry,

I will usually start meting my Christmas and winter scents the day after Thanksgiving. I found Holiday Cookie in my CFTKR stash and it sounded good. I have kind of stopped melting from my autumn scent basket because at this point I am sick of them. I might bring out the Christmas scents early and store those away until next year.

Laurie-Go for it!

Christy, my DH would behave exactly the same way at the Glassbaby event. :blink:

Maggie, keep that Sherlock hat! It looks so good on you! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Ilove, that's a shame about your 5th grader not having a feast. Poor kiddo. :unsure:

Stella, have a fabulous time with your guests! :lol:

Mpfand, congrats on getting the keys!!! :confettistars: I know what you mean about filthy people, but I'm sure your new home will be spectacularly comfy, cozy, and delightful once you've finished with it.

I've been in and out, running hither and yon, so I'm still melting Candle Dippers Sugar Plum Berries. No way would I toss this one out if there's even a smidge of scent left. [smilie=th_00000020]

Have a thoroughly delightful weekend, ladies and gents!

Gail