The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Feast of Fragrances

I am so happy to read everyone's feelings on CFTKR. I am a huge Carol fan, but have been quite put-off this last week. I had been holding out, just like everyone else, on an order only to be stymied every time I try. Unlike many of you, I am home most of the day, and even today, with seeing her fb post within 10 minutes, everything I wanted was sold out. I officially threw in the towel and ordered from some other vendors. So, while her system is clearly working for some, it isn't working for me and there are 101 other vendors who I don't have to fiddle with all day long to get exactly what I want.

Couldn't be happier that I have a forum to unleash my wrath. If I complained like that to my husband about wax, he would [smilie=th_u53] , then he would [smilie=th_u51].

In the meantime, I am melting CFTKR Autumn Harvest from a fall sampler that I must have really lucked into back in September!

Jennifer

I'm thinking that we need to all start posting on her page on facebook about this. Maybe this will prompt her to see all of our concerns and that things are not all peachy keen fine for all customers. What do you think?

I think personally she offers way to much that is ready to ship.And then it takes alot longer to come back around in the circle of remaking. Because holiday scents/shapes come about. And I think the samplers and such get lost in the shuffle.

I really wanted fall samplers,a cookie one and a few others from when she had her new website going. I never did get them,and I will not stalk a vendor with bated breath. Unless I have $$$ and its a sale.

There are too many other vendors,where I can order what I want when I want. I dont' have to beat any of you at it to get it either... Which is sort of sad. As Carol was a vendor that I tried once to see what all the commotion was about.

I wasn't too impressed. Ordered a second time and loved that stuff.So the third time I ordered from her,I didn't get what I really was hoping to. And so now,I wonder if I would order again from her or not.

Tonights melts are:

toasted kettle cake by TCC(burned very strong for one tea light and then fizzed. But this scent was great!)

praline pumpkin pie by s&S super yummy!

5000 calories,very good. Also by TCC. I noticed that her scents are exceptionally strong for one tea light and travels very well and then poof.

Burning in the candle dept we have:

yc be thankfull

yc pumpkin buttercream

cc indian summer

gcc vanilla cupcake-its on its last leg. I removed one of the wicks so it does'nt burn as hot on the bottom of the jar. Tonight it will be one to toss in the trash...yipeee!

yc black band cinnamon stick

slatkin fresh balsam votive

I'm thinking that we need to all start posting on her page on facebook about this. Maybe this will prompt her to see all of our concerns and that things are not all peachy keen fine for all customers. What do you think?

I think personally she offers way to much that is ready to ship.And then it takes alot longer to come back around in the circle of remaking. Because holiday scents/shapes come about. And I think the samplers and such get lost in the shuffle.

I really wanted fall samplers,a cookie one and a few others from when she had her new website going. I never did get them,and I will not stalk a vendor with bated breath. Unless I have $$$ and its a sale.

There are too many other vendors,where I can order what I want when I want. I dont' have to beat any of you at it to get it either... Which is sort of sad. As Carol was a vendor that I tried once to see what all the commotion was about.

I wasn't too impressed. Ordered a second time and loved that stuff.So the third time I ordered from her,I didn't get what I really was hoping to. And so now,I wonder if I would order again from her or not.

Tonights melts are:

toasted kettle cake by TCC(burned very strong for one tea light and then fizzed. But this scent was great!)

praline pumpkin pie by s&S super yummy!

5000 calories,very good. Also by TCC. I noticed that her scents are exceptionally strong for one tea light and travels very well and then poof.

Burning in the candle dept we have:

yc be thankfull

yc pumpkin buttercream

cc indian summer

gcc vanilla cupcake-its on its last leg. I removed one of the wicks so it does'nt burn as hot on the bottom of the jar. Tonight it will be one to toss in the trash...yipeee!

yc black band cinnamon stick

slatkin fresh balsam votive

Good late evening, all! :D Ran around like a maniac doing errands/shopping/laundry today. I purposely do everything in one day so I can relax every afternoon before heading to work at night, but as I get older, ooooof - I'm beat! :lol:

Last night's melts were: Orchid Lake Peppermint Eucalyptus (I could smell it downstairs and my bedroom door was shut :lol:), Shayz Totally Pink and CFTKR Ancient Incense.

Tonite:

LSC BeDazzled in the living room

Front Porch Pink Black Licorice in the bathroom

LSC Earthen Oak in the bedroom

Have a fab Tuesday, everyone! :)

I was wondering, too, about mentioning it to her (maybe private email tho, not on FB). Unfortunately (for us), this whole set up obviously works really well for her. Imagine having stuff that people are beating down the door to get, it's constantly flying off the shelves! I wonder if she'd be willing to do a small-scale version of pour-to order and call it special request or something, for those of us who are willing to wait.

I really do love her stuff, but I had to stop because I made myself a list and wait for those things to come online, but when they did, it was usually just one or 2 things, so I'd end up ordering stuff I didn't really want, or ordering multiple mini-shipments within a few days of each other, and taking a hit on the postage. ugh

Anyone else out there have a .02 to throw in on this? I know Carol has tons of fans, and don't get me wrong - I LOVE LOVE LOVE her stuff and HER too.

This morning, my only melt is Pink Pumpkins (CFTKR) I have to get everything changed out (after coffee)

Burning a Slatkin Creamy Pumpkin candle this morning. It's a great scent and the wicks are doing well. It's warm here today but dh says we may get snow tomorrow or Thursday [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq]

Hope everyone has a great day. I always enjoy this quiet final week before the holiday season 'officially' starts.

Good Morning koffie1.gif

Melting Holiday Hugs from CFTKR and getting ready to go out and run errands...sheila, I like to try to get 'em all done at once too!

Little ones, big ones and middle sized ones...it's been a long 22 years! ;)

It was so strange after my post down below...I went into Marshalls with my twins DDs and of course, I had to stop by the candle section. Well, we picked up a Yankee Merry Christmas jar but there were all these other candles I have never seen before....so of course, I sniffed them. Well, I sniffed this square container and couldn't believe it...it was called Pumpkin Spice and it smelled just like the scent I was looking for!!! [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Actually, it DOES NOT smell like Pumpkin Spice to me...but I love it! [smilie=th_00000020] So I found the website (Northern Lights) and ordered some melts! :)

Todays Melts:

Shady Mountain Key Lime Sugar Cookie

County Line Stuffed French Toast

Maggie, I was just thinking...I'm pretty positive that WE don't do ANYTHING that annoys DH's...lol!!!! But seriously, the longer you are married, those little things can drive you crazy. What's really funny is that they don't have a clue that they're doing it. I am hoping that you have found your perfect scent at Northern Lights...they have some nice stuff...(yes, I peeked...) Let us know, okay?

Okay, off to run errands...

[smilie=th_sHellobar] wax buddies!

I'm melting Tara's Cinnamon Twist. A message to this morning's dear little tart:

[smilie=th_yourock] Yep, you sure do. [smilie=th_yourock]

Gail, who's having great luck with Tara's stuff!

Gail

It's dark and dreary here, but 78 degrees. Go figure.

I changed things up in the melters:

Twigs & Berries (I love this scent) from Perfect Scents in my room

Hillbilly Homebrew (another fave) from CFTKR in my kitchen and living room

Harvest from YC in the family room

Fragrant Evergreen Forest from BH&G in my son's room (he picked - "the one that smells like Christmas trees")

Last of the Warm Autumn Welcome from BH&G in my bathroom (a little too foody for my liking, but I had the dreaded last 2 bricks in the clam syndrome)

Juicy Couture from Perfect Scents in the kids' bathroom - that one seems out of place, but it smells like my daughter is still in there getting ready for school. lol

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

[smilie=th_happy]

Putting my kitchen drawers back together. I'm sorting through stuff from my "junk drawer" to put back into my "junk drawer'. I think that's kinda funny. I'm melting Carol's Falling Leaves. I'm trying to use up my Fall scents, but I can melt Fall scents year round. I hope y'all are having a great week. It's warm in Indy today which suits me just fine.

katz, ya always gotta have a junk drawer...we have at least a couple!!!

Melting Poisoned Apothecary from The Bathing Garden...pretty good and strong...can't quite figure out what I am smelling...spices and something else...orange peel or apple peel???? Not sure.

Picked up some Pumpkin Pie PopTarts at the grocery store today....had one after lunch...pretty good....not sure if the boys will eat 'em. I also found some nice holiday flavor teas by Celestial Seasonings. They had 4 flavors...Sugar Plum Spice, Candy Cane Lane, Gingerbread Spice and Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. Fun! I got a box of the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride and think I'll make a cup to see how it tastes. eatdrink059.gif Anyone else think these sound yummy?

I've been trying the new wax melts from BH&G. Today's scent is Iced Winter Cranberry. My daughter just came home from school and said that it smells good in here!!

Candle burning is a Pumpkin Buttercream from Yankee.

I'm burning one less candle today. Vanilla Cupcake made its way to the trash.

Currently burning:

yc pumpkin buttercream

be thankfull

cinnamon stick

slatkin votive fresh balsam

cc indian summer maybe one more day with this one.

melting:

cys lemon coconut cake

cys pumpkin coffee brulee

scentsy ponsettia pine

I also found some nice holiday flavor teas by Celestial Seasonings. They had 4 flavors...Sugar Plum Spice, Candy Cane Lane, Gingerbread Spice and Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. Fun! I got a box of the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride and think I'll make a cup to see how it tastes. eatdrink059.gif Anyone else think these sound yummy?

I Do!! I Do!!

Put the kettle on, Aria, I'll be right there!

LOLOL

The LSC Blueberry Zucchini Bread still was going strong but I switched it out to Burn some candles. I will remelt it tomorrow.

Burning-

SH Cookies for Santa

VC Chocolate Chip Cookies

AMS Ho Ho Ho

Melting Poisoned Apothecary from The Bathing Garden...pretty good and strong...can't quite figure out what I am smelling...spices and something else...orange peel or apple peel???? Not sure.

They had 4 flavors...Sugar Plum Spice, Candy Cane Lane, Gingerbread Spice and Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. Fun! I got a box of the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride and think I'll make a cup to see how it tastes. eatdrink059.gif Anyone else think these sound yummy?

Yes...they DO sound yummy Aria! Please let us know how you liked them...and ...

I think that Poisoned Apothocary is Mulled Cider! ;)

Tonight it's:

Nene's Pumpkin Zucchini Bread

LSC Maple Nut Zucchini Bread

YUM> :)