The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Feast of Fragrances

My Wahm's Vanilla Frosted Cinna-Rolls is lasting all day. It has been going almost 9 hours and still going strong. I added to the mix two candles-

YC Be Thankful

AMS Blueberry Cinnamon

I too am making good progress finishing up some of my candles. I can't wait to start burning some of the holiday scents.

Good evening all. I too am trying to use up some of these fall candles as I will want to switch to Christmas soon. I've got quite a few candles to finish up. I'm burning Slatkin Acorn & Fig and YC Autumn Leaves, and melting YC Autumn Lodge.

I'm not winning any prizes for going through my candles that's for sure...everytime I finish up a candle, I buy 2 more! [smilie=th_foolish1]

Melting:

Buttercream Drizzled Zucchini Bread from S&S

Pumpkin Crunch Cake from Haley's

Burning:

Pumpkin Spice Alaura Candles

I am melting two of the BHG wax cubes today. Downstairs I have Pumpkin Spice going. It's been 9 hrs. now and you can still smell the scent from the one cube I threw in there. Upstairs I have one cube of Witch's Cauldron going and I love it. Smells like black licorice and somthing else I can't put my finger on. I melting a cube of Harvest Moon yesterday and I was so nice- reminded me of a scent of fall outside. I am really liking the Scentsational order that I purchased. Such great scents and I am finding I only need to put in one cube at a time which is so economical.

I've been in a melting rut lately - I've gone through a bag of Haley's "Hansel and Gretal's House" and a stack of Yankee's "Spiced Pumpkin". Not exciting, but Iwas enjoying the scents, so I didn't change them - just replaced with the same scent!

Boring, I know, but this is just what I've been in the mood for lately! I've also burned up two Simple Living "Vanilla Cake" 3-wick candles. One of my favorite candles lately.

I just swapped out the bathroom melter to Backroad Hobbies "Yuzu", and it smells nice!

Hi there friends...we are back from the hockey tournament! DS's team came in 3rd. I am pooped out...it's been a loooooong weekend. Will be glad to get back to normal tomorrow.

Melting Strudel & Spice from Ye Olde Candle Cubbard

I've been checking Carol's store, too. Trying not to sound whin-ey [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] , but I kinda wish she wouldn't post on FB what new things she's putting in her store every day. By the time I can look in the evening all her FB fans have gobbled up all the new. Ok, no way around it, that did sound whine-y. [smilie=th_pardon]

Also, I will also whine about CFTKR - I get on my computer so late each day that the new tarts are long gone! :crysmiley1:

iagree.gifiagree.gifiagree.gif

:soapbox:

I couldn't agree more...and believe it or not, I sometimes see the fb posts and still miss out on the new goodies!! We are not whiney...it's the truth. Carol only makes so many of each new scent or sampler, so unless you catch them right when they are listed, chances are you will miss out. I cannot sit around and stalk fb and Carol's site all day like some do. I also wish she wouldn't post when she is going to list new scents. I thought I was the only one who was thinking this...glad to know I am not...smil_blush.gif

Everyone have a great night...DH is doing something right now that really gets on my nerves, so I am going to go hang out with the boys in the other room. Does anyone else have little pet peeves about their DH? grrr.gif

:soapbox:

Carol only makes so many of each new scent or sampler, so unless you catch them right when they are listed, chances are you will miss out.

I held off a long time (compared to everyone else), but I have become addicted to Carol's tarts. <big sigh> My main gripe in the past was that buying from eBay seemed so "competitive" and you were rushed to grab the stuff before someone else did. I was so excited when she left eBay to go on her own, but alas, not much has changed. I know she is SOOOOO popular but I sure wish she could have "some" rts and the rest made to order. I'd be more than willing to wait! The other problem I have is that I went over the master scent list and then you have to wait for the stuff to come around. And grab it when it does. This has caused me to order more than once in one week, which is wasting money on shipping, etc.

Okay, I am off my :soapbox: now.

I really DO love CFTKR, I just wish it were set up differently.

Everyone have a great night...DH is doing something right now that really gets on my nerves, so I am going to go hang out with the boys in the other room. Does anyone else have little pet peeves about their DH? grrr.gif

Okay, ya gotta give it up - what was he doing? LOLOL

Yep, I definately have pet peeves about my DH - enough to make it's own thread. LOL

My main one is when he has control of the remote, we are watching a show (I'm usually multi-tasking doing coupons or on the computer at the same time) and every commercial he switches to another show.

[smilie=grrr]

Boy aren't I a-ranting fool this morning!

[smilie=th_tease-1]

This morning I am starting out with a giant tart from LOL called Autumn Pumpkins.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, EVERYONE!!

:D

Good Morning...getting the kiddos ready for school...then I get the house to myself...YaY!

Melting BHG Vanilla Shortbread

Laurie, I love Carol and she is such a sweetheart but she is so darned popular that it is like a "rush" to grab the tarts you want sometimes. I have been ordering from her for several years and she has definitely got quite a following! I really try not to stress over it...I mean, it is just wax, right?

lol...my DH does the same thing with the remote! Last night, he was working on his computer...songs to play during DS hockey games (he keeps score and does the music at home games)...and he kept playing the same little snippet of AC/DC over and over again...it was driving me nuts.

Okay, gotta go fix DS his breakfast...he is crabby this morning...fun.....NOT!

Aria, congrats on your son's hockey tournament, that sounds very exciting! It's always hard to get back to your normal routine. My dh does that with the remote too, yikes. Or, if you walk into the room and ask him what he's watching, he changes the channel an says. "nothing"... God forbid anyone want to stay on one channel, lol.

Melting BH&G Honeydew melon. Had 2 cubes left and wanted to get it out of rotation. The packages always feel like clutter when there are only one or two cubes left. Time to [smilie=th_blij47-1]

Melting BH&G Honeydew melon. Had 2 cubes left and wanted to get it out of rotation. The packages always feel like clutter when there are only one or two cubes left.

Me too, Joan. I always want to use up those last two cubes.

This morning I'm burning Slatkin:

Creamy Nutmeg

Shortbread Cookie

melting: Tuscadero's - Cider by the Fire

sipping: French Vanilla coffee (decaf, sigh)

Hi all!

It's a beautiful not-too-chilly morning (45 degrees). Think I'll pack up the pup and go for a nice long walk at the regional park once the thermometer hits 50.

UntiI then I'm continuing with Candle Dippers Hot Toddy this morning. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Hope your day is a really good one, friends!

Gail

Good morning today's melts are Haley's tooth fairy taffy and Wahms pink sugar bubble gum ice-cream they both smell the same

Good Morning...getting the kiddos ready for school...then I get the house to myself...YaY!

Melting BHG Vanilla Shortbread

Laurie, I love Carol and she is such a sweetheart but she is so darned popular that it is like a "rush" to grab the tarts you want sometimes. I have been ordering from her for several years and she has definitely got quite a following! I really try not to stress over it...I mean, it is just wax, right?

lol...my DH does the same thing with the remote! Last night, he was working on his computer...songs to play during DS hockey games (he keeps score and does the music at home games)...and he kept playing the same little snippet of AC/DC over and over again...it was driving me nuts.

Okay, gotta go fix DS his breakfast...he is crabby this morning...fun.....NOT!

I felt that way the last time ordered from her. I was so ticked off that samplers I wanted to get were in someone elses cart. So I settled for other things and not what I really wanted to get. Meaning,I got bags of multiples of the same scent. Which I normally never buy because I don't love a scent so much that is all I want to melt.

I had asked Carol about it and making more, and her response was. That she was making other things and wouldn't be making more of the samplers. And that I would just have to watch in case she made them again and listed them. But I see other things that are being re listed.

I don't know,I like to buy something that I want and not compete for it. I wonder if she knows that there are many that feel this way about purchasing from her.?

But then again I wondering if that is how she gets others to keep ordering and ordering. By not putting it all up at once or being avail all the time. kwim?

This morning I am burning yc apple pie and melting sour cream spice cake by cftkr.

Still going strong on not buying anything. Including the stop this morning at Walmart. I smelled what was left of the bh&g tarts and there wasn't much left..But I didn't let that be an excuse for bars to jump into my cart. I sat and smelled them all and told myself...I am sure I have something at home that smells just like that.lol

Also noticed all of their 3wick b&bw holiday knock offs were all gone except for one candle.

ilove, I agree, the samplers seems to just fly out of Carol's inventory! I also don't like always purchasing multiples of some scents. I am disappointed to see so few samplers being offered lately. She has always sold her tarts as ready made and not made to order, so I am sure she'll continue that way since it seems to work for her. I do love her quick TAT!

This afternoon, I am finishing up my Slatkin Marshmallow Fireside candle.

Does anyone else have little pet peeves about their DH?

Little ones, big ones and middle sized ones...it's been a long 22 years! ;)

Maggie, how were you able find your Pumpkin Spice?

It was so strange after my post down below...I went into Marshalls with my twins DDs and of course, I had to stop by the candle section. Well, we picked up a Yankee Merry Christmas jar but there were all these other candles I have never seen before....so of course, I sniffed them. Well, I sniffed this square container and couldn't believe it...it was called Pumpkin Spice and it smelled just like the scent I was looking for!!! [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Actually, it DOES NOT smell like Pumpkin Spice to me...but I love it! [smilie=th_00000020] So I found the website (Northern Lights) and ordered some melts! :)

Todays Melts:

Shady Mountain Key Lime Sugar Cookie

County Line Stuffed French Toast

Actually, it DOES NOT smell like Pumpkin Spice to me...but I love it!

MaggieMae - Not like pumpkin spice? [smilie=th_scratch] What's it smell like 2 U?

I'm melting SH's Nutmeg Vanilla. Good scent! Not happy that it's gone, but, like Joan & Jules, feels good that I can throw the empty clam away now, too. What are the odds I'll go buy a clam of something else to replace it? [smilie=th_c032]

MaggieMae - Not like pumpkin spice? [smilie=th_scratch] What's it smell like 2 U?

Well, I don't smell any spice...it really smells EXACTLY like walking into an Orchard Bakery with all the scents from there. Soon as I sniffed it I was transported to that place. Of course, my sis- who has a nose like a bloodhound- smells bacon. :huh: I don't know. It's not very strong but the fragrance blends together and makes it so yummy!

Changed the upstairs melters to:

BHG Tahitian Coconut upstairs

edit: Chopped up the remains of my Pumpkin Spice (Embers) candle and melting it in three warmers...DD walked by and said..."Oh donuts!"