The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fireworks, Fragrances & Fun

Today is finally humid...what's summer without humidity?

TOLERABLE!! Sorry....did I yell that? :blush: Yeah...I'm a little irritable. Not to worry...by the end of the week I should be downright cranky. [smilie=th_gekkebek]

Next, onto painting our old kitchen cabinets that are varnished wood? Any tips or suggestions on this project. I think it's going to be very involved.

Katz - my BIL painted the kitchen cabinets in their previous house. Theirs were varnished, too and he had to sand them first, then prime before he painted. That was over 25 years ago, tho, so they may have products that let U skip one of those steps now. Best to ask at the paint store. What color R U going with? Your crape myrtle is beautiful :wub: - U certainly have a green thumb!

I'm melting CCCC's Hello Sugar. Smells SO good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

110 here today, but I'm inside where it's nice and cool and enjoying Peach a la Mode from Scentsy.

Hot day - cooled down a bit tonite. Gave the AC a rest due to a decent breeze coming through, and so far so good. I prefer open windows for the fresh air, but I do have my limits :lol:

Tonite's melts:

CFTKR Lilac Buttercream in the living room

Pink Flower Scents Christmas Wreath in the bedroom (Christmas in July, peeps! :lol:)

Cheryl's Apple Mango Tango in the bedroom

Stay cool and hydrated, everyone! :)

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good morning all! I'm melting Haley's "Hawaiian Breeze" in the hall and bathroom, and Still melting CBV's "Chocolate Covered Cherries" in the living room.

Today is full of bookkeeping, errands and housework. Yuck! Who says that a housewife has it easy?!

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Today it's

Luscious Lemon Pie from Dream Tarts

Lemon Poppyseed Muffin from Auntie Di

Upstairs:

Still Butterfly Kisses from CBV

:)

TOLERABLE!! Sorry....did I yell that? :blush: Yeah...I'm a little irritable. Not to worry...by the end of the week I should be downright cranky. [smilie=th_gekkebek]

Sweet...LOL...What? You don't like to melt away in the heat? [smilie=th_dd5] Just pretend your doing this... :smileysnowangel:

I was melting Carol's Cinnamon Graham Dunkers and whoa that baby was STRONG! I turned off the melter for a bit. I also detect a slight honey note. I don't like the smell of honey for some reason. I may turn the melter on again later and see if I still smell the honey.

Hope everyone stays cool today! aa59.gif Another hot one!!! We got a decent storm last night, so at least my flowers and plants are taken care of...no watering for me today!!!

Thinking of going ice skating with the boys this afternoon!

summer_h.gif

I forgot to post yesterday afternoon. Those melts were:

CYS alabaster-this last batch I think the quality went downhill

CCCC-pumpkin tassies

Scentsy-cutiepie cupcake

Todays melts are:

Scentsy-cutiepie cupcake

CCCC-pearamel

Burning:

Village-old blueberry candle from last year.Would love for it to die out soon.

GCC-brownsugar cookie

Aria...the name Cinnamon Graham Dunkers sounds right up my alley but if there's honey... [smilie=th_gagme]...I don't like honey either! Let me know how it fares when you remelt, please?

Well, that Lemon was the first Dream tart that was not super strong..needed to change it... [smilie=th_sign0164]

FM Keylime Cake all over... [smilie=th_00000020] + [smilie=th_00000020]

Upstairs:

LSC Pink Retreat

Hi everyone,

I'm melting a freebie Plumeria from OMG. I would never in a million years order this. I pretty much steer clear of florals. But this is WONDERFUL! :cupid-arrow: It's not at all headache-y, not cloying or heavy, just beautiful in every way. Who knew? Apparently not me. :lol:

Gail

I think I forgot to post my melts yesterday, getting sucked into kid drama and gotta focus . . wax drama is MUCH more satisfying!

-_-

Last night I melted Bamboo Sugarcane from CFTKR which was scrumptious, and re-ran it this morning.

It finally fizzled, so I replaced it with Lady Apple (also CFTKR) and it's headed for the wax heap I'm afraid. Nice and strong (love you, Carol), just not for me. It's sticking in the back of my throat - ack. I'm sure you all KWIM.

:huh:

I put Serenity Spa, I believe it's my first melt from Fragrant memories back in my bedroom, and it is NOT melting. Not at all. It looks Salvador Dali's been playin' with my tart!

:wacko:

I think it's gonna move to the bigger melter. What is their stuff made of anyway!?

Sea Breeze from Haley's Heavenly is in my DS room, he now likes to have a tart going!

;)

Trainin' him right! LOL

I just put on 'Spiced Cranberry' from OMG, and I love it. Strong cranberry, cloves? And I think cinnamon... call me crazy but I smell some pine/spruce too! Just a lovely fall/winter scent, and I plan to order bunches of it once the weather cools down a bit.

So in my kitchen I'm burning a candle i made called Caribbean escape.

In my bedroom and computer room Paule Deen Strawberry shortcake is burning.

Living room Paula Deen's pineapple upside down bisquets has taken over.

Candles are so amazing!!

Sweet...LOL...What? You don't like to melt away in the heat? [smilie=th_dd5] Just pretend your doing this... :smileysnowangel:

MaggieMae - [smilie=th_tease-1] Ok...so I gave that a whirl last nite. I kept stickin to the bedsheets so your arm flapping theory created quite a havoc. :shock: Let's just say they'll never be the same. [smilie=th_biqazm1]

I'm melting FP's Cilantro & Cucumber. I like it! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] It's fresh and clean without smelling like a box of laundry soap.

MaggieMae - [smilie=th_tease-1] Ok...so I gave that a whirl last nite. I kept stickin to the bedsheets so your arm flapping theory created quite a havoc. :shock: Let's just say they'll never be the same. [smilie=th_biqazm1]

[smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] ....were you wearing the earmuffs? :smileysnowangel: I think that might have something to do with the whole imaginary thing!

For tonight it's:

Corny Bears and Candy Corn Cookies..both from Backroad Hobbies. :)

83 degrees at 9pm = good times :lol: The rest of the week is gonna be brutal. Hunkered down in the AC until further notice!

Tonite's melts:

Shayz Pink Pineapples in the living room

Backroad Hobbies Creme Brulee in the bathroom (curing the tart cups - this is a brittle sample)

Orchid Lake Peppermint and Eucalyptus in the bedroom

Once again, stay cool everyone! [smilie=th_drinks]

Tonights melts are:

LB lime cotton candy

Village blueberry candle

OL-lemon squares(which barely made it thru one tealight) will be switching it out for something better. This brand is not really working for me.

OL-lemon squares(which barely made it thru one tealight) will be switching it out for something better. This brand is not really working for me.

What is OL - Orchid Lake?

I'm settling in for the evening with BBW Summer Vanilla Berry. Very nice, and the wicks are behaving themselves. Hope I didn't just jinx myself! :o

'Night everyone!

Gail

Aria...the name Cinnamon Graham Dunkers sounds right up my alley but if there's honey... [smilie=th_gagme]...I don't like honey either! Let me know how it fares when you remelt, please?

Maggie, I still have it in the melter, but have not remelted it yet. I will let you know for sure girlie.

Right now I have Nene's Fresh Vanilla melting and a mini Slatkin candle in Oatmeal Cookies....not smelling much from either. The mini candles in Apple Crumble and Caramel Apple are my favorite so far. I would love to get 3 wick jars in both of those scents.

Good Night friends....moon.gif