The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fireworks, Fragrances & Fun

Good morning everyone! were melting lemon noel by SSS and have banana caramel cupcake fizzling out from orchid lake. We started it last night for a few hours and then relite this morning. Will be switching that one out to their lemon squares. I am not too pleased with the scents not lasting that long,didn't expect that. Does anyone have experience with orchid lake?

Hey :)

Today it's:

Lime Watermelon Cooler from LSC...a freebie and I LOVE IT!!!

Key Lime Ice Cream from Backroad Hobbies...great!

Lavender Fluff from Mookie Doodle still going non-stop for days now! :)

~~Didn't hear back from MD yet! :(

Hey :)

Today it's:

Lime Watermelon Cooler from LSC...a freebie and I LOVE IT!!!

Key Lime Ice Cream from Backroad Hobbies...great!

Lavender Fluff from Mookie Doodle still going non-stop for days now! :)

~~Didn't hear back from MD yet! :(

I wrote to her sometime ago and never did hear back from her. I wanted to try her too!

Today I melted YC "Beach Walk" in the livingroom, and it was lovely, as always. I noticed that some of my Yankee tarts are getting "crumbly", even though they are only 5-6 months old, at most. I guess I'm going to be melting those all in the next few weeks...

I don't know what I'm melting in my room... Really. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I had a spare melter bowl sitting in the tart cupboard, with red wax still in it. I don't remember what it was, and I don't remember putting it away to remelt (which is the only reason that I would have left it in the bowl, right??)

I sniffed it, and the wax had no scent at all. I think it's been in there since last fall, which is the last time that I remember cleaning out this cupboard, so I was thinking that the scent it zapped. I stuck it on my bedroom warmer for a few minutes, thinking that I would just slip out the wax once it starts to soften, but within 5 minutes it had filled my room with a wonderful apple-spice-autumn fragrance. Not really what I like to melt in the bedroom (in July, no less) but still a nice scent. I wish I could remember what it was! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Silly, glad you enjoyed a great cruise!

Maggie, hope DS feels better soon!

TGIF!! I am melting Coconut Milk & Lavender from Can-Do. Next I'll probably pick something fruity.

The Glassybaby order is supposed to arrive next Thursday. Shipping takes a while since they are in Seattle and I'm in Virginia. Can't wait!!

This evening we've got ferris wheel treats by CCCC,sugarbritches and sweet dreams by SSS going. Got to find a candle to light before family from out of state arrives. Also I had all my orders laid out nice and pretty in the spare room,was going to take pictures. Then it dawned on me,to hide everything. It looked like Christmas everywhere,with all my orders laid out..

Jason--are you burning a large jar of Yankee Kitchen Spice? If so, how is it burning? I had a tealight of it and loved it but I thought the wicks on the regular jars looked kind of different so was afraid to buy one the other day. Thanks. It is over 100 here again today so I guess we are having the same awful weather.

Gail-- I hope this awful heat leaves soon but it doesn't sound like it will. Sigh.... [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

For the rest of the day it is YC Cucumber Cantaloupe, Sweet Melon and Christmas Cookie plus BBW Mango Cilantro and Pineapple Mango. At least it smells good in here.

Hi Nancy...I'm sorry I am just now seeing this. Haven't been on in a few days. Yes, it was a large jar. I was a little nervous because of the different looking wick, too. But it has burned like a dream. In fact, I am almost certain I could get a great burn without an Illuma-lid because with the lid it gets a very deep wax pool. And the throw is very good, by the way!

Tonight I'm melting CFTKR Blueberry Cheesecake and Kim's Southern Home. Burning YC Blueberry Scone and Sugared Apple.

Ilove~ I'm very disappointed that she didn't even write back to say she is closed or whatever...she has a few scents that I LOVE and I wanted some more! <<RATS>>

Jedda~ Your tart story cracked me up!!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Thanks Cmarie...he is doing a bit better today...even though he looks a little like a chipmunk! ;)

Tonight it's:

YC Jelly Donut burning and melting is...

K's Kreation Lemon Verbene upstairs

S&S Melonade in LR

CBV St. Lucia in FR

Angel Scented Frog Freckles in K

Goodnight... [smilie=th_offtobed]

Hi all! Had a HUGE sun shower on my way to work today. Sun behind me, and torrential rain in front of me :lol: Pretty rainbows in the mist kicked up from car tires, but alas, none in the sky - boo!

Tonite's yummies:

CFTKR Baby Powder in the living room

LOL Candles The Three Musketeers in the bathroom

Orchid Lake Cedarwood and Vanilla in the bedroom

Hope you all have a great rest of your night! :wub:

Jason--thanks SO much for the info. It was the different wick that was worrying me, too, but it sounds like it is a winner. I love the scent--I will get one. Nancy

This morning it is MVP Watermelon plus Yankee Cucumber & Cantaloupe and Sweet Melon.

Have a great Saturday everyone and for those of you who, like me, are starting another hugh heat wave--stay safe and cool.

Hi All!

It looks like a beautiful day!!

Burning YC Sun & Sand, YC Sand Castles, YC Cucumber & Cantaloupe.

Melting LOL Tropical Vanilla Sugar and CFTKR Carribean.

Starting off this morning with what I ended off with last night (but forgot to post)

Cactus & Sea Salt - CFTKR - nice and still going strong

Coconut Love - OMG - another OMG moment - my room is sweetly coconutty

Rainy and humid here in the FL PanHandle.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

MaggieMae - Chipmunks are cute! :D Seriously, tho, glad your DS is feeling better - I remember that wasn't much fun. [smilie=th_empathy]

I'm melting CFTKR's Lemon Lava Cake. Ohhhhhh yeah...it's wonderful - yummy scent! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

MaggieMae - Chipmunks are cute! :D Seriously, tho, glad your DS is feeling better - I remember that wasn't much fun. [smilie=th_empathy]

I'm melting CFTKR's Lemon Lava Cake. Ohhhhhh yeah...it's wonderful - yummy scent! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Thanks Sweet! He's doing much better than his older sis did...she has NO pain tolerance at all. [smilie=th_help]

Was wondering...what does the Lemon Lava Cake smell like? Did I already ask you that? I'm sorry if I am repeating myself...repeating myself.... [smilie=th_31]

Good Morning

I am melting a new scent from Carol...Absolutely Fabulous Cake...just started the melter, but the cold sniff is yummy.

Got some sad, shocking news yesterday. DS#2's teacher was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer right after school let out for the summer. She had been feeling ill for the last month of school, but hung in there for the kids. She had surgery immediately and they were able to remove all of it...it had not spread. No chemo or radiation necessary. I am praying she makes a full recovery as she is a great teacher and a woman with a big heart. Hearing something like this is such a powerful reminder to enjoy each and every day and live life to the fullest. May the Lord watch over her now and always.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and remember to take the time to really appreciate every precious minute.

Hearing something like this is such a powerful reminder to enjoy each and every day and live life to the fullest. May the Lord watch over her now and always.

Aria - well said. The fact that she was able to have surgery is hopeful. Sending up prayers for her.

Was wondering...what does the Lemon Lava Cake smell like? Did I already ask you that? I'm sorry if I am repeating myself...repeating myself.... [smilie=th_31]

Do I hear an echo...? [smilie=th_biqazm1] It smells to me mostly of a sweet lemon, but definitely a bakery lemon. :wub: I haven't tried her Summer Lemon Cake (or something like that) yet and wonder if they're similar. Here's the scent decription - Lemon Lava Cake-This incredibly luscious confection balances citrus, spice and vanilla for a nostalgic treat. Lemon and orange lead to a warm accord of subtle cardamom for instant appeal. Sweet, creamy vanilla surrounds it all with long lasting gourmand tones

Aria, prayers for your DS's teacher. We can never have too many reminders to count our blessings. In fact, I just bought my sis and I gratitude journals...

Maggie, glad your DS's feeling better today.

I'm melting Haley's Hawaiian Breeze, one of my go to faves. Life's lookin' good so far today! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I hope each of you can say the same. [smilie=th_aa17]

Gail

Thanks Gail...he is doing OK! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and remember to take the time to really appreciate every precious minute.

Very true Aria! Since school has ended we have been bombarded with bad news...my prayer list is getting very long...I will add your friend/teacher to my list! But it does sound like promising news!

Do I hear an echo...? [smilie=th_biqazm1] It smells to me mostly of a sweet lemon, but definitely a bakery lemon. :wub: I haven't tried her Summer Lemon Cake (or something like that) yet and wonder if they're similar. Here's the scent decription - Lemon Lava Cake-This incredibly luscious confection balances citrus, spice and vanilla for a nostalgic treat. Lemon and orange lead to a warm accord of subtle cardamom for instant appeal. Sweet, creamy vanilla surrounds it all with long lasting gourmand tones

Thanks Sweet! It sounds incredible! I did try the Summer Cake and it was a keeper for sure! :) This time I have to write it down or I'll be asking you the same question in about a week...I've got the brain drain. [smilie=th_yellow5]

sweet & Gail, thank you so much...very appreciated. :wub: I am so grateful to know you wonderful ladies here at CF...a gratitude journal sounds like a nice idea...details??

I need to get movin' here...DS#1 and I are going to see HP this afternoon. DS#2 and DH are on a Cub Scout camping trip this weekend, so it's just the 2 of us! The theater we go to has THE yummiest popcorn... [smilie=yes]

Thank you Maggie! You and I were posting at the same time! :wub: You must be talking about lemon scents at Carol's store...not a bakery scent, but I tried her Lemon Magnolia and it is really goooood. It's nice and clean smelling...not flowery at all.

sweet & Gail, thank you so much...very appreciated. :wub: I am so grateful to know you wonderful ladies here at CF...a gratitude journal sounds like a nice idea...details??

I need to get movin' here...DS#1 and I are going to see HP this afternoon. DS#2 and DH are on a Cub Scout camping trip this weekend, so it's just the 2 of us! The theater we go to has THE yummiest popcorn... [smilie=yes]

Aria, it's called "Counting My Blessings-A Gratitude Journal" by Brownlow Gifts. I saw it in a store but didn't buy it because my sis and I both wanted it and they only had one copy. Figured I could get it at Amazon but it's out of print and very scarce. I found it (on sale!) at ChristianBook.com. It's a surprise for my sister. It's just beautiful and made us both quietly weep in the store, it touched us so much. Here's a link: http://family.christianbook.com/counting-my-blessings-flap-inspirational-journal/pd/032478X?item_code=WW&netp_id=652889&event=ESRCN&view=details

Enjoy HP!

Gail

Just lookin thru my stash and trying to figure out what I hurriedly hid and didn't do a p0rn shoot on - man, I am a discombobulated mess and need organization!

[smilie=th_help]

Could someone point me to a thread (that I know exists) about how everyone stores their wax (i.e. sorted by vendor, scent-type, etc)?

I'm having a little trouble searching some things since it won't work with 3 letter words (tried to search Can Do because I know somebody just posted that theirs didn't age well)

Which brings me to why I'm here - what I'm melting! lol

I decided to work on some CanDo cause I think they're from Feb. (Valentine freebies is a hint - lol) and I swear somebody just said they go bad or co-mingle or something, soooooo

today is a Can-Do day!

Kiwi Sage & Ginger in the living room

SeaShells in my bedroom

Glow type in one bathroom

Vanilla Amber in another bathroom

Papaya Clafouti in the family room

and I fired up Windchimes in my DS room before he got up

Cactus & Seasalt from CFTKR retired to the hallway