The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Scents Come Marching In

th_sHellobar.gif

I'm melting Sweet Berry Flapjacks from CFTKR. I'm hoping my LSC order is onitswaysmiley.gif today. If I don't get it today, it should come tomorrow. Waiting is tough th_aa17.gif

Good morning its been storming all night love the rain.

Starting my day off with wildberry zb from candles scent from heaven and cotton candy from wallaces candles. Have a great day all

G'morning... B)

Melting a favorite from Crosscreek...Pumpkin Zucchini Pie [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

The mail lady brought one of my "smelly packages" to the door today...and DH was the only one home. Rats. Not only busted, they had a good chat about all her deliveries to our house. :o At least she told him they make her van smell good.

[smilie=th_sSig_what] Oh no! Every wax lovers nightmare! [smilie=crap]

[smilie=th_sSig_what] Oh no! Every wax lovers nightmare! [smilie=crap]

Foreal!! I cringed when I read that, Debra - so sorry!

oh . . . the horror . . . the horror!

[smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Good Morning, all! [smilie=The_Hi]

Gail ~ Eek! A snake in the house! Yep, I'll take my buggers any day over that.

Debra ~ Sorry hubby intercepted one of your treat boxes. Fortunately, my mail comes late in the afternoon, and if DH happens to be home, he is usually having a nap on the couch and I can sneak the box in. [smilie=th_thsecret]

Christy ~ I'm not a huge grape fan, but just got my first Sniff My Tarts order yesterday and she sent a sample of Grape (among others). This one I likey a lot! [smilie=yes] Smells like grape bubblegum to my nose.

Stella ~ We don't get a ton of rain here in the desert, but until the re-stucco gets done on our house (which they just started), I can't feel comfortable with any moisture. It will be nice to be able to relax when I hear the pitter-patter of what little rain we get. It's one of the things I miss most about Chicago...cloudy, rainy days.

Today's meltings:

Sniff My Tarts Gourmet Sugar Cookie Zucchini Bread (Wow! Amazing throw on this little thing!)

Wahm's Trix (yummy), and moved the Frosted Prairie Kitchen from yesterday to another room cuz it's still throwing

Soy Blessing's Valentine tarts that I won. These had a pretty cold sniff, but zero throw when I got them around Valentine's Day, and still zero throw after cure time. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Today was going to be my housecleaning day. Lucky for me (or maybe not if the house blows away), the wind is blowing so dang hard out there that I have decided not to even bother. Sand EVERYWHERE! :angry:

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

[smilie=th_hello]

Today I'm melting scentsationals White Pear Brulee and Almond Biscotti

Burning Goose Creek candles in Maple Toddy and Hazelnut

Enjoy the day everyone!

Hi everyone...

I'm melting LSC Brown Sugar Nut Cake th_c032.gif It is gorgeous here today, it hit 67 degrees.

skylar - White Pear Brulee is yummy!

Honeybear, the one grape scent I HAVE tried is a grape bubblegum scent - CYS Princess Frostine.

I'm melting LSC Berry Bliss and burning YC Lemon Lavender in the kitchen. I keep meaning to do some bedroom melting but often don't make it all the way in there during the day.

As it turns out, I didn't get that job. :crysmiley1: Actually they decided to redo the entire search and ask for qualifications I don't have. So at least it wasn't anything I could have controlled. I do have some ideas for other things I can pursue, so onward and upward! Thanks again for being such great supporters and melting fruity scents for me! :skywriter:

In other news, DH noticed a job opening in his field in Buffalo, NY. That just happens to be 20 minutes away from a real Pure Integrity store (***cue angels singing***) AND it's also the location of a special Siberian cattery that not only breeds "hypoallergenic" Siberians but actually measures the amount of allergen in the breeding adults. Most places do not do this as far as I am aware. So if I were ever able to have a Siberian, it would be through this exact place.

Christy~ [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I'm sorry about the job...but in this house we stand by the motto..."It's meant to be"....and it sounds like you've already got ideas on the horizon!

Edit...Melting:

Ultimate Cookies & Cream from Tara's all over!

Christy, hugs to you. I'm with Maggie on this, "it's meant to be..."

Melting Battle of the Sexes from Haley's and Pink Sugar Lemonade from OMG. DS just came home from school and almost did cartwheels when he saw the platter of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies on the counter. Then he asked if anyone was coming over. lol I guess he thinks that's the only time I bake.

Switched out my warmers put in Buttercream dipped caramel apple from front porch and caramel apple from crosscreek.

Christy- Sorry about the job but things always happen for a reason.

I am just burning some candles right now-YC Milk & Cookies, YC Italian Christmas Biscotti and YC Chocolate Bunnies.

I will be heading to the west coast next week (Washington State). My cousin passed away today after a 15 year battle with breast cancer. She had stayed with me last year when my sister got married. I was planning to visit her the week after Easter. Its scary when the people passing away are about the same age as you.

Christy, hugs to you. I'm with Maggie on this, "it's meant to be..."

[smilie=iagree] Christy - That's what I believe, too. Cuz that means there's an even better one out there 4 U! [smilie=yes] Maybe U & your DH could take a little 'look-see' trip to Buffalo to check it out. Ummm....U DO like snow.....right? [smilie=th_pardon]

Michele - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your cousin came back for your sis' wedding & those will be sweet memories 4 U. Your family is still in my prayers. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

I'm melting TCC Apple Peepers from a CF friend. [smilie=th_teks0311] Yummy!

I agree with everyone else, Christy - something really good is out there waiting for you. And good news about the kitties!

Michele - hugs for you.

I am melting Ginger Lily from Kountry Lights - but the molasses cookies we made earlier are winning.

Christy~ Something better must be around the corner for you.

Michele~ So sorry for your loss.

Just getting around to changing out a melter this evening. Need something relaxing for bedtime. Hubby has been working in Phoenix all week and won't be home til tomorrow night. :(

Shayz Pink Powder sounds comforting.

Edited to say the Wahm's Trix from early this morning is still throwing well. Looks like it will be fruity dreams for me. :)

Wow...can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all my online wax fun! I just want to offer my condolences for your loss, Michele. So sorry to hear about your cousin.

Tonight's scents are:

Tarts

Warn Zucchini Bread-Mason Jar Primitives

Hot Orange Danish-Kims Tarts

Candles

Carrot Cake-YC

Mom's Apple Pie-YC

Christy--sorry about the job, but hopefully something much better is just on the horizon.

Michele--you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your cousin.

Starting my day out with Crosscreek Blueberry Banana Cream Pie. Have a nice day everyone.

[smilie=th_bb20]

I hope everyone's weekend starts off well.

Michele, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin, that is so very sad.

[smilie=th_sorry_]

Christy, I'm sorry the fruity waves didn't produce the outcome you were hoping for, but I love your very positive attitude - movin' on! Go girl!

[smilie=th_happy096]

I just did not have a good night last night, wax-wise. My DS tart of the day, Fresh Rain Snuggle, didn't have the staying power I'd hoped, and by late evening his room started to smell like "boy" again. Fixed it up with Purple Cow (I think it was from Missy's also, no label on the bag other than the name) and it was grapey-fruity when he went to bed.

When the Downy Fresh by Tara's faded (and it never was uber strong like some laundry scents), I replaced it with Hollanburst by LSC and couldn't even smell it! Thinking it must be me (because previous experience with this scent was very strong), I asked DD Mel and she couldn't either. I moved it to my bedroom (smaller area) and not much there either unless you get right up on top of it.

My last-ditch effort of the evening was Rue St. Honore by Cozy Cottage in my best warmer, and again - extremely weak if anything. I re-ran it this morning and zip!

[smilie=th_u51]

All this, coupled with an order I got from Cheryl's which was NOT what I expected (crumbly tarts, off-smell, smokey smelling package), caused me to write off yesterday's waxcapades as Ultimate Fail!

[smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

I think I'll pick out a completely different theme for today. I haven't decided yet, but when I come in with my groceries later this morning, I want to be blown away !

Laurie...I wonder if it has something to do with the weather? Is your weather different lately? It's been weird here and I got very little sniffs yesterday either. But I'm thinking my "Shorties" clam is done for. The plastic of the clam was getting "rubberized" and even though the wax was smelly on cold sniff...I smell nothing in my melter and it's been on all night. Argh. :( I hope 6 months is NOT the shelf life of these cause I'll be [smilie=th_pullhair]

Melting:

Cafe Valenciano from Nene in K and LR

Marshamallow Cotton Candy from Shady Mountain in FR

Upstairs:

Teakwood & Violet from Shorties... <3...hope it starts throwing.

Have a good Friday.

Good morning all th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gif

Michele - I am very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you.

Christy - I am sorry the job did not work out. Along the lines of what others said, when one door closes, another one opens. I hope you find something better!

Laurie - What a huge bummer! I hope you have better luck today with your scents!

I am melting FP Pink Sugar Cookie Dough Bread th_Hnh5.gif Happy Friday everyone!