The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Scents Come Marching In

Laurie sending well wishes and prayers that your DH feels better and your Doggie does fine i have an allergy dog that head rubbing is crazy.

Did everyone spring ahead? Starting my day off with Spiced Apple and Cranberry Spice both from Sniff My Tarts

Christy - do U play piano....or...? [smilie=kewl] Good idea - try to go out and have fun this weekend. Too much thinking/analyzing can sometimes lead to confusion, KWIM? It probably doesn't help much, but, I didn't get a job I once interviewed for, either. But, I did get the one that was meant 4 me. [smilie=yes]

Yep, it's piano. It's nice to play in church again because people are so supportive and appreciative, among other reasons.

This afternoon I am going roller skating with a friend. Should be fun times!

For now I am melting Candle Dippers - Lemon Tart. AND I am very excited to have won Week 1 of the March Madness contest! Yippee! The CF games are so much fun, thanks again Cyn!

[smilie=th_c61] [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Yippie! [smilie=th_c2e41937] Congrats on your win Christy!!! [smilie=th_happy096]

Finally changed out the melters...

Country Coffee Cake from CBV

Blue Ribbon Cookies from Can Do

Have a good one. :)

Morning, all! [smilie=th_biqazm1]

[smilie=th_HBGraffitiSmiley] to my DD who got a couple of inches of snow as her first birthday present of the day [smilie=th_yay] ...unusual for New Mexico in March. Looking forward to a nice family dinner tonight with Raspberry White Cake for dessert, homemade of course. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Shortygal201 ~ I had the same problem with CBV tarts. They didn't melt all the way in a couple of my warmers so I had to move them.

Sweet&spicygrl ~ Sorry you can't melt when you have a headache. Usually I have no problem with that. Unfortunately, headaches have been a near daily problem for me for quite some time. (I'm working diligently on it, though.) Still dealing with it today. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Laurie ~ Hope your doggie recovers well from the hematoma and that hubby feels better, too. And...hope you don't get whatever crud he has.

So far melting today:

Shady Mountain Marshmallow Brulee in the kitchen

Shady Mountain Pumpkin Marshmallow Cheesecake in the great room

Sniff My Tarts Apricot Zucchini Bread (my blend) in our bedroom

...and a couple of my homemade tarts in our bathroom and study, Cherry Crumble Pie and Pineapple Coconut

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Editing to congratulate Christy for winning Week 1 of the March Madness Contest. I looked a couple of times and was completely dumbfounded. :blink: Kudos, Christy!

NMhoneybear, Happy Birthday to your two babies. No matter how old, they are still babies.

Laurie, Get well wishes for your family. They are lucky to have you nursing them back to health.

Christy, Contratulations! That's an exciting win. Have fun rollerskating. I love to rollerskate, but it's been ages.

I just changed out melts.

CocoaPink - Lemon Biscotti (don't ask, it's an oldie goldie)

Can-do - Blue Ribbon Cookies ( a new favorite around here)

Candles: Slatkin - Vanilla Coconut and Mason Jar Prim - Homestead Blessings

th_Hello_.gif

I hope everyone is enjoying their day! Popping in quick to say I am melting LSC Fresh Baked Bread. This is one of the more authentic smelling breads I have tried. Other ones have been too sour/yeasty....this seems more balanced. Little guy is up from his nap early...time change is messing with schedules here th_fear8.gif

Nest - Pear

1803 - Southern Welcome

Lady - what do U think of the Nest candle? I've been eyeing her Pumpkin Chai forever. 1803's Southern Welcome scent just sez marmalade bundt cake. What flavor marmalade is it? [smilie=th_scratch]

Unfortunately, headaches have been a near daily problem for me for quite some time.

Honeybear - that sounds awful. :wacko: This probably won't be popular [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] - but, have you tried not having any scents melting/burning for a few days to see if the headaches go away?

My afternoon melt was LSC Holiday Cider. It wasn't an apple cider, may have had some in the mix, but it had something else that just wasn't for me. I'm ending the day with Candleberry's Frosted Apples candle.

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Been a random day of tarts and decided on a candle this evening-

CLCC's Green Tea tart this morning, trying out their Sun,Moon & stars in my office (it's ok, I probably wouldn't order it again) and melting one of their soy glow pot in tuberose now.

Before going bed burning,

YC~ Chocolate bunnies & YC~ Sweet Strawberry.

Have a good night everyone [smilie=th_offtobed]

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack Christy!

I did a reach and grab today - and I bet I could not do it again if I tried:

Dream Tarts - Fresh Air

Nessa's - Fresh Aire

Time to buy lottery tickets, I guess!

Good Monday Morning!

[smilie=th_foolish1]

My dogs are lookin' at me weird cause I won't let em out - it's still dark and I don't want them to run into a strange critter out in the yard. I am glad it's lighter longer in the evening tho, LOVE that part!

Thanks again for all your good wishes for DH and Bear. DH is still sick, but he headed off for work, what a trooper. Yesterday we were outside working in the yard, final preparations in the vegetable garden, burning yard trash. We smelled like a bonfire at the end of the day.

This morning I am re-running yesterday's melts for now -

Daydream by Nene's in my room

VS Rapture type by Grazia in my bathroom

Awapuhi Seabury by Cozy Cottage in the hall

Jasmine Breeze by Cozy Cottage in the living room

and 1 new addition - Cottage by the Sea by Cozy Cottage in the kitchen

I feel like a double criminal this morning where my dogs are concernced - not only am I not opening the door this early, I had to take up all the water because I'm hoping they can fit Bear in for surgery on that hematoma this morning.

Wish me luck! And have a great Monday!

[smilie=th_ef3416a0]

p.s. Just a little poll - to those of you who do reach and grab. Do you use exactly what you grab or do you (like me) grab a couple and then make your choice. I did a Cozy Cottage reach and grab, but I grabed like 5 or 6 and then took 3 I thought would play well together.

Just curious.

Good luck to bear today

Starting my day off with Cherry Lemonade from buggytown suppose to get up to 80 degrees today. Have a great monday

I grab about 5 and them play the sniff game

For the last few days, my allergies have been killing me. No melting. But I'm warming some eucalyptus essential oil - hoping that my sinuses open up.

Laurie - I reach and grab two at a time, and then pick one of the two to melt. I can usually find something that 'smells right' out of the two.

Jules ~ You are so right. No matter what age they are, they will always be our babies. [smilie=cloud_9]

Sweet&spiceygrl ~ Nope, the headaches started in 1994 and that was way before I ever started my candle hobby. They are muscle-tension type headaches, so I can feel it in my neck and shoulders. I can be away from scents and it has no effect. Lucky for me, I can melt away! [smilie=snoopy]

Laurie ~ Keeping fingers crossed that Bear gets in this morning. Hmmm...think I might have to try out that "reach & grab" sometime. [smilie=yes]

Girls are on Spring break and decided to go with to the airport at 4:45 a.m. this morning to take Daddy. The idea of Starbuck's and McDonald's was enough to motivation to get them out of bed. [smilie=th_aa17] Now, however, they are both sound asleep on the couches here in the great room...full coffees nearby. [smilie=thzzz003]

Today I've got on Sniff My Tarts Fruity Loops in my bedroom, Wahm's Pink Cookies in the study, blending a friend's Blueberry Cobbler & Toasted Marshmallow in the great room, and Shayz Marshy Marshmallow in the kitchen.

I think it's gonna be a busy day outside my house with scaffolding going up for the re-stucco. Poor little Abbie (our Yorkie) won't be a happy camper. Good thing she's sleeping on the couch, too. She has no idea what she's in for later on. [smilie=th_giggle]

My post got all wonky when i tried to edit, so typing this again.

I am melting Old Hickory Candles Creme Brulee th_shewiggle.gif DH told me it smells like birthday cake hehe. I usually pick my scents by doing a reach & grab. Most times, I will melt what I pick.....unless it is too similar to what I have already melted earlier. I usually stay in one area of the house most times, so I only melt 1 scent at a time. Also, DH tends to get overwhelmed with too many smellsth_sad-1.gif