The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Burning Our Scents, Both New & Old

Good Morning CandleFriends!

Thanks for letting me vent about the dentist. It's a bit depressing. I need 3 crowns replaced on my front teeth and I had 2 implants put in 2 years ago on the bottom back, and never got the appliance (bridge) - just too expensive. So I have gone over a year without being able to chew at all, which is when my last chewing tooth was extracted and my front teeth (crowns) started breaking down from chewing on them, so now it's only what can be dissolved without any chewing, I break everything by hand cause I can't bite either. What a mess! And how I miss my fresh veggies from my garden - I didn't pay it a lot of attention last year because I can't eat anything I grow so it wasn't much motivation. It's gotten to the point of causing health issues (major stomach problems) probably from swallowing unchewed food! lol The dentist doesn't offer anything except to spread it out when insurance renews - insurance only covers $1500 a year so it would take me SIX YEARS at that rate to get the work completed. ugh What a mess.

No joy on the phone yet either, I kept it in a jar of rice all nite and still the memory card won't recognize. At least the basic phone function works. I'm going to remove the sim card and put the whole thing back in the jar whenever I don't need to have it with me (with kids out and about that won't be until tonite when they're all home).

ANYWAY - no more venting now - just the scent's ma'am - only the scents:

I just started Winter Comfort by CandleDippers in my room, I'll check on how it's doing when i get back from taxi rounds.

Let it Snow by CBV still going in the hall

Sweet Snow by CBV in the living room

White Christmas by CBV in the kitchen

bathrooms I will get to later.

HAVE A GREAT DAY! (no emoti's today - my post is too long!)

Laurie hope the rice trick works i did it once for my sons ipod after 4 days in the rice it was good as new.

Today i am melting Pink Zuzzhini bread and unknown vendor and regular zucchini bread from ten digits. Have a great day.

Laurie, so sorry to hear about your teeth...I sure would get everything taken care of so you can get back to healthy eating. JMO The cost can always be spread out over time. Would it be better to get a partial or dentures instead??

Laurie - Hugs re: the dental mess. It is always a nightmare dealing with insurance, and I know that it is only harder to deal with while you're suffering.

I'm melting Kim's "Kitchen Spice" in the kitchen, BH&G "Pineapple Cilantro" in the bathroom, and OMG's "Spiced Cranberry" is melting in the living room.

I am also burning a tealight from Lovie's Letters. The scent is called "Southern Bell Peach", and it is nearly non-existant. I let these cure for about a month before burning (soy.) I know that tealights are not big throwers, but even with my nose right above the holder, I can't smell anything but hot wax. [smilie=th_idontknow]

So sorry about your teeth Laurie! I can relate. I have had major dental work done. I have 5 implants and I must say the difference is like night and day. The price is ridiculous though. My insurance covered the implants but the bridges were not covered. They are considered cosmetic. Can you consider any other options to cover the implants? I am sure they are a lot cheaper. I had my implants done over time and not all at once to minimize the cost. I hope everything works out for you.

Today I am melting some oldies but goodies-

SSS Iced Cinna Buns

Bella's Cinnabuns from Mall

They still smell great!

. My insurance covered the implants but the bridges were not covered. They are considered cosmetic. Can you consider any other options to cover the implants? I am sure they are a lot cheaper.

Okay, I said I was done moaning about my teeth, but you've got me curious with your post, Michele . . .

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing here, but how could bridges be considered cosmetic? I have 2 implants in place, but basically they are just like metal posts sticking out of my gums (waiting for the "appliance" to be attached), they are certainly non functional for chewing, so how would the "teeth" they put on there be cosmetic?

And what other options to cover the implants are there?

I'm really confused but I am open to all possibilities!

Thanks

and to make the post honest,

I have added more Sweet Snow (from Nene's this time) to the bathroom warmers - it's very lovely and *minty* in here!

I feel your pain Laurie. I waited almost a year to have a new bridge installed because of decay with the existing bridge. long story short, ins. would not pay the 1000.00 on this bridge because it had been under 10 YEARS since it was INSTALLED. So, it ended up costing me 5,000 plus. Luckily I was able to make payments through a Care Credit plan they had. I made the last payment in Dec. I know the health issues it can cause, so if any way possible have the work done..is there a dental school in your area? This may be another option.

Okay, I said I was done moaning about my teeth, but you've got me curious with your post, Michele . . .

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing here, but how could bridges be considered cosmetic? I have 2 implants in place, but basically they are just like metal posts sticking out of my gums (waiting for the "appliance" to be attached), they are certainly non functional for chewing, so how would the "teeth" they put on there be cosmetic?

And what other options to cover the implants are there?

I'm really confused but I am open to all possibilities!

Thanks

The reason they are considered cosmetic is because they are a permanent fix to the problem and not something that has to be taken in and out. There are cheaper ways to fix the problem. I remember paying minimal for the implants because they were covered by the insurance and having to pay out of pocket for my 2 permanent bridges. If I had just put on a cap those would have been covered because they were attaching to an existing tooth. Since your teeth were extracted they could have been replaced with dentures. Dental work stinks, is painful and very expensive!!

Still melting the same from this morning but I am ready for a change.

Hope you get it all worked out dentists are so expensive and insurance hardly covers anything.

Tonight i am melting sugar cookie dough bread from Bella's

have a great evening all.

Laurie - I hope U can get the teeth fixed that are needed to chew - this last year has had to be really difficult year 4 U. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

I'm melting Scentsible Scents' Bittersweet and it's soooo good! :wub: I've either smelled this scent before or it reminds me of something that I just can't place yet. Here's the description - If Bittersweet had a smell we imagine it like this. Abundant branches of tart, somewhat bitter berries and sweet, earthy scents of green leaves.

Tonite I am melting Sleigh Bells in 3 melters. One by CBV (this is very almond/cherry - LOVE it) and the other 2 are by BuggyTown - these are more fruity without being cherry (if that makes sense).

:huh:

It felt a little cool and windy a little while ago when I was out with the dogs. Supposed to be in the low 50's tonite.

WHERE IS WINTER?

[smilie=th_pardon]

One of my poor apple trees recently bloomed like crazy because the weather is so screwed up, I think it thought it was spring. Now if it does get to freezing, I'll lose the apples.

[smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Hi peeps. It's cold and we're even getting a little snow tonight! Got some cozy scents going.

Tarts

Pink Cupcake-Lasting Scent

Mom's Apple Pie-Can-Do

Candles

Apple Spice-Goose Creek

Sage & Cinnamon-YC

Good Morning--starting mine out with Crosscreek Sweetheart Cake--very good scent.

We are having a taste of winter--ground is covered lightly with snow,temps in the 20's and the wind is blowing--quite a change from the 50's we've been having.

Have a great day, everyone.

Laurie--sorry to hear of your tooth problems. Hopefully you will be able to find an affordable solution.

Good morning! Burning a couple of candles while I do house work. All Yankee Candle, Apple Cider,Red Apple Wreath and Holiday Garland.

Laurie, I hope you can find a solution to the dentist situation. They are extremely expensive and like so many have already said insurance does not cover a lot. On December 20th both of my teenage girls had braces put on. Ouch! Maybe the dentist would accept payments, I don't know.

Good Morning wind chill 8 now that is cold

starting my day off melting Zucchini bread and lemon buttercream frosting both from ten digits. Have a great day all need lots of [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe