The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Burning Our Scents, Both New & Old

Sweet - you want snow? Got some right here for you!

[smilie=th_200912104451] I want snow....gimme....gimmme! How soon can U get it to me? [smilie=th_anyminute]

We had a big thunderstorm in the wee hours of this morning--lightning, thunder, the whole works. Crazy!

Trep - we just had a severe thunderstorm warning here, too. That's pretty much unheard of in northeast OH in January. :blink: It was so windy I wouldn't have been surprised to see Dorothy & Toto pass by.

I got great and unexpected news today.

That's not great news....that's [smilie=th_fabulous1] news!!! [smilie=snoopy] I imagine your dad is pretty excited to be going back to his home soon. BTW - do U remember last year U posted a saying from a needlework pic your mom had done...something about 'all is well'...? I meant to write it down, but didn't. Could you tell me again what it said?

Mpfand - sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I can relate to the getting sick with migraines, used to go thru that, too. Mine must have been hormone driven, cuz now that I've gone thru some changes (KWIM? :tongue: ), I rarely get them now.

Aria - :thyay: for your DS & his team - they did so well! Hope your stuffy nose is just temporary.

I'm melting YC's Apple Cider. Reliably yummy! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Thanks to Maggie, mpfand, Michele, and Laurie for your kind thoughts. I really appreciate it!

Debra, how's the iTunes transfer going? Are you using firewire or what? I have been meaning to transfer a bunch of music from my old laptop to my newer one and still haven't done it. Not looking forward to it -- it will probably be a big pain.

Trep, what wonderful news about your dad. I'm sure it will be great for him to be at home again.

I'm melting EW Autumn Leaves. This is kind of so-so. I feel pretty overloaded on fall scents and am trying to use up some of my stash. Things are starting to get busy around here so I haven't been burning candles as much.

Good evening hope your all starting to feel better.

melting bella's vanilla pound cake its cold and windy

blowing my internet on and off. enjoy your evening

Christy - I am still working on the itunes transfer - they make it sound super easy to do "home sharing" in your settings to get things tranferred...fail! :wacko:

I have Aerial from HoS melting - a lavender scent.

Sweet--here is that saying from my mother's needlepoint

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday and all is well.

Starting my day out with Bahama Breeze from Yankee. I always love this one but so far this tart isn't smelling right to me. I hope this isn't one of those days when my nose doesn't like anything. We will see. Have a great one everybody.

Christy - I am still working on the itunes transfer - they make it sound super easy to do "home sharing" in your settings to get things tranferred...fail! :wacko:

Debra, I struggled with this too when I wanted to put things from my old XP desktop to my Win7 laptop. The home network thing was a fail. If this is your scenario, I do have a super easy tutorial that tells you what files to copy and put on your new iTunes, assuming you're transferring the whole thing, I'd be happy to share - let me know. (screen name + aol dot com]

[smilie=th_empathy]

This morning I am finishing a holiday sampler from CFTKR. I have to report I didn't get the best results from anything in there so far, and that's a first from Carol's tarts for me.

Last night I added Vanilla Pinecones and it was very faint then and when I rewarmed it this morning. Hmmmm . . . .

[smilie=th_sign0164]

So this morning I am finishing the bag:

Fir and Balsam in the hall

Sugared Spruce in the living room

Bayberry in the kitchen.

I am making muffins for the kids' breakfast, so that will be competing - the true test will be when I return from dropping them off at school.

[smilie=th_wave]

Have a great day, everyone!

Sad to say my last order from Carol started out good but after an hour the scent was totally gone.

Today I have Vanilla Zucchini Bread from Shady Mountain Candles and Ultimate Bakery from Front Porch Candle. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Good Morning friends...Happy Humpy Day!

I still am unable to smell anything...Cry.gif I miss my scents! On the positive side, can't smell the boys or the litter box!!! rotfl2.gif

trep, great news about your dad. Hope things continue to go well! medium-smiley-065.gif

mpfand, hope you are feeling better

I am so jelly of everyone's scents! For now, I am living vicariously through all of my CF buddies!

Thanks for all the well wishes and the kind words...thwetkissf.gif DH is trying to get me to use his Neti pot, but I am a little weirded out by it. squint.gif Me = sissy

Going to shower and then pick up a few things at the drugstore and see if I can get season 3 of The Tudors at the library.

Have a great day...love you all!!! medium-smiley-054.gif

What happened? My last post deleted itself!

Laurie - sorry to hear about the weak scents from Carol. I have some of her "Vanilla Pinecones", and it is really strong. So strong that I made a note to only melt 1/2 a tart at a time in the future. Maybe you got a "Monday morning" batch? Very unlike Carol.

Remelting yesterday's melts - lemon and strawberry bakery scents. Will swap them out later when they die down.

Trep~ Wonderful news about your Dad!!! He must be a very tough guy at 91 years old- God bless him! :) ....and that quote is terrific...I gotta share that!!!

Aria~ Hope you can get back to your smellies real soon! ;)

I have been melting Vanilla Pinecones from BH in all 3 melters downstairs...very smokey and nice. :)

Have a good one!

Trep, that is truly wonderful news about your dad!

Aria, hope your sniffer returns soon! My DH uses the Neil Med sinus rinse thing all the time. It's similar to a Neti pot. You're not a sissy at all! I tried it once and it is weird! Gave me a headache, too. I'll stick to over-the-counter meds and my sinus tarts. lol

Trying out Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar from BH&G this morning. Have a great day!

Added a few -

Snowy Evergreen Forest by BH&G in 2 bathrooms

Blue Bananas by Missy's Tempting Tarts in DS room

Holiday Sleigh Ride by BH&G in my bathroom

Cinnamon Balsam by Candle Dippers in my bedroom

Wintergreen by (not sure, I think Missy's) in the family room.

It smells WINTERY in here!

DH told me a cold front is moving in - we shall see!

[smilie=th_autumboy]

Aria, I hope you feel better soon. I've never done the Neti Pot, but I use the rinse (more like a squeeze bottle) and it has been a lifesaver for me. I understand about being weirded out, tho.

:huh:

[smilie=th_hello]

Melting Scentsy Toasted Apple butter

Scentsationals Almond Biscotti

Trep- Great news about your Dad ,hope he continues to do well!

Have a nice afternoon everyone!

Trying to whittle down the LSC tarts with the "solo" cups...

Melting:

Virginia's Oatmeal Raisin Shortbread

Sarah's Cranberry Apple Bread

Vanilla Voo Doo

:)

watrcoolersmiles4.gif I found a Stress Relief candle from CBV and decided to light it...it's peppermint and something else...lavender maybe? I can hardly smell it, but thought it was worth a try. Anyhow, at least I am enjoying the glow and it's a pretty shade of blue.

Aria~ Hope you can get back to your smellies real soon! ;)

Me too...it's driving me nuts not being able to smell! tantrum.gif I love Vanilla Pinecones!!!!! I ordered a bunch from Carol, but I think I've melted them all...maybe not...I'm not sure. Think I'll go check...

Aria, hope your sniffer returns soon! My DH uses the Neil Med sinus rinse thing all the time. It's similar to a Neti pot. You're not a sissy at all! I tried it once and it is weird! Gave me a headache, too. I'll stick to over-the-counter meds and my sinus tarts. lol

mpfand, if I get really desperate, I may try it. DH swears by the thing!

Aria, I hope you feel better soon. I've never done the Neti Pot, but I use the rinse (more like a squeeze bottle) and it has been a lifesaver for me. I understand about being weirded out, tho.

:huh:

Thanks Laurie! I am thinking the squeeze bottle you are talking about would be easier.

By the way...has anyone taken a peek at the new B&BW spring scents yet?? Some of the scents sound fab, but am I the only one who doesn't like the new labels?? groan.gif

Time for some tea and lemon mug.gif

Sweet--here is that saying from my mother's needlepoint

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday and all is well.

Trep - Thank U! [smilie=th_bomb] This time I'm writing it down!

By the way...has anyone taken a peek at the new B&BW spring scents yet?? Some of the scents sound fab, but am I the only one who doesn't like the new labels??

Aria - I looked at them, but now that U mention it, I don't remember what the labels looked like. :blush: What I do remember is that almost every new spring scent has coconut in it. Yuk....ick...patoooooey! [smilie=th_a136]

I'm melting Nene's Fall Festival. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] This is so good she should keep it year round & just rename it for other seasons.

Aria--I don't like the new BBW labels either and I am not that thrilled with the scents. I sniffed them all last week and I think that only one was to my liking at all and I doubt I'll buy it. They almost all have coconut and I am a coconut lover but BBW's coconut is not one of the ones I care much for.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my dad. He is truly amazing for his age. I was afraid he might give up after this but he is working his arm each day and is eager to get back to his independent living. I hope I can be the same way when I get to be his age.

This evening it is BH&G Warm Vanilla Creme.

Have a great night everyone.

Aria feel better

finally got my appointment for my mri on my knee i go 1st thing in the morning hope they can find what is wrong with it i have been leaving PT hurting worse then when i go in.

Tonight i am melting pumpkin pie spice from scarborough and gingerbread latte from crabby

have a great evening

Stella~ Hope that MRI gives you some news...maybe you need a different PT...just like in any job~ some are better than others. Hope you feel better soon! :)

Aria~ I just took a peek at the B&BW candles- yikes. I really have no place in my home that they would look good. I loved the old look. Oh, why do these companies change things that work?!? [smilie=th_scratch]

That LSC Sarah's Cranberry Apple Bread was real nice...

Changing up the scents for the last time today..

It's a CFTKR night...

Citrus Cilantro and Blackbery Sage...two favorites! [smilie=th_happy096]

Drinking a cup of Zen tea and off to bed... [smilie=th_offtobed]

Ouch, Stella! Sorry to hear you're having problems with your knee. Did they send you to PT without knowing what was wrong? ugh! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Trep, I am happy to hear your good news about your dad. He sounds like a truly amazing man.

It's getting chilly here and when I changed out the warmers this evening, I thought Eucalyptus Ice by Can-Do sounded appropriate.

Well, lemme say it's not what I expected, I thought it would be minty or something - but WOWZA I am in love, it's amazing! It smells way more "green" than I thoughtit would, it reminds me of the Christmas poinsettia that I loved so much. I wish I could find their description but they're closed - maybe I totally misunderstood what eucalyptus smells like, but I have a(nother) new FAVORITE!!

[smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Have a good night everyone!

Stay warm

[eta]

I found a description on the web (not Can-Do's):

Eucalyptus, minute hints of fir, loads of fresh ozone, musk and traces of citrus make this a cool, refreshing sensation your won't be able to resist adding to your spa line!

This is a totally unique type of eucalyptus....cool but not that vicks vapo-rub medicinal type of eucalyptus....very different and strong. Throws well.

Stella, I hope you find out what's wrong with your knee tomorrow.

Melting Pumpkin Marshmallow from Scentsy.