The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Burning Our Scents, Both New & Old

I've been avoiding Scentsy because the local rep is one of my idiot neighbors - I guess I could just order online, right?

Jedda - I'd be happy to give U the info for my rep if you're interested. She's very nice & really helpful. I think Scentsy is having a 10% off sale in February on some items. Email me (member area) if you'd like her contact info.

I've changed to CFTKR's Eggnog Cinnabons. I'm still not tired of holiday scents, probably cuz most of them are my faves. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Aria, thanks for thesuggestions. I'm going to try to stop by Michael's tomorrow. I remember seeing warmers there, but I didn't really pay close attention to them at the time (since I didn't need a new warmer!)

:soapbox: Just a note...When I was in Michaels, I noticed that these melters have a particular light bulb in them. They don't use a regular bulb that screws in so I'm not sure where you would buy that bulb. :mellow:

MaggieMae - I bet it was so much easier when the kids were little & more than 1 went into the tub at the same time. Can't talk em into it now, huh? [smilie=th_foolish1]

;) Those were the days!!! My girls take 50 showers a day now and all my kids stand in the shower forever... <_<

Today it's:

The last of my Bonnie Blue Cookies from Carol

and a LARGE Jelly Donut also from Carol. Smells heavenly.

~Ended up changing the scents to Caramel Coconut Cake from Haleys...the other scents were SO STRONG they were overwhelming. :(

98574.gif Hi there!

Melting ~

Pumpkin Bread from Nene's ~ really good!

Pumpkin Pie from Thompson's ~ luvin' it!

Burning ~

Kitchen Spice from YC ~ incredible...hope they keep this one in their regular scent offerings.

Snickerdoodle votive from Swan Creek...a light bakery scent that's kinda cinnamony

Maggie, I didn't know the Ashland melters had weird bulbs...wonder if they're halogen.

Have a great afternoon...off to help DS with his Pinewood Derby car since DH is out of town this week

Yep Aria...I bet your right...probably halogen. They have a 2 prong plug and the light itself is shaped like a diamond....I don't think they would be hard to find at all. This warmer is nice:

http://www.michaels.com/Ivory-Flameless-Warmer/hd0524,default,pd.html?cgid=products-homedecor-candles-ashlandflamelesswarmers&start=26

You can kinda see the bulb in the first photo.

Hi everyone!

I am burning YC Italian Christmas Biscotti and YC Milk & Cookies.

I haven't been feeling well this weekend. I have a sore throat and can't swallow too well. I can't smell either. I am taking antibiotics now so I hope they kick in soon.

Hope I can smell these candles. This is the first wax all weekend. We took a ride to the beach house to check on things and turn off the water. For some reason the internet was not working so I could not post. We left there this morning and went to visit my FIL. He was transferred to a facility in NJ where he can get long term care. He has a ventilator. He needs a valve replacement and is not a candidate.

Hope everyone has a great evening. I am going to try to go to bed early tonight. Hopefully I will start feeling like myself tomorrow.

Oh Michele, I am so sorry to hear about all the pain your FIL is going through...he is still in my prayers. [smilie=th_bighug-1] I hope you get some rest and those antibiotics kick in for you...feel better! [smilie=th_balloons]

Michele - Pharyngitis is so painful - yuk! :( I'm sure the antibiotic will help U feel better soon. Sad news about your FIL. I hope he can get off the ventilator & at least improve the quality of his days. Keeping him in my prayers.

I'm ending the day with Slatkin's Cranberry Woods candle. After getting snow on Friday nite, now we're supposed to get rain/thunderstorms tomorrow. Crazy roller coaster weather. [smilie=th_cha66]

Hope this finds everyone well as the weekend winds down.

Michele, sorry to hear about your throat and NO SMELLING = NO GOOD! I hope you're feeling better very soon.

:rolleyes:

Today's melts (still burning down the holiday stash):

Christmas Hearth by BuggyTown in the hall

Eucalyptus Spearmint by BuggyTown in the living room

Jack Frost by BuggyTown in the kitchen

Evergreen Potpourri by Candle Dippers in my bedroom

Snowy Evergreen Forest by BH&G in 2 of the bathrooms

Fruit Slices by Haleys Heavenly Scents in DS#2 room

Root Beer by Missy's Tempting Tarts in DS#1 room

[smilie=th_sml29]

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Pumpkin cupcakes sure sound yummy, I love them with cream cheese frosting.

I have been melting Scentsy Amber Road tonight.

It has been a difficult weekend, one of our dogs had to be put to sleep - she seemed fine 24 hours before, so it has been a shock and it does not seem real yet.

[smilie=th_teks0681]

[No new melts here, just re-warming what i put on last night]

I just wanted to say how sorry I am, Debra, to hear of the loss of your friend.

I know she was well-loved and had a wonderful home with you.

I'm truly sorry for your pain over this.

[smilie=th_huganimal]

Thinking of you.

{{{hugs}}}

No new melts yet, I'm still trying to decide on my scents for today.

Debra, I am so sorry to hear about your dog's sudden passing.

Debra so sorry my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Today i am melting Pumpkin Spice Latte from Haleys Heavenly Scents and Mamaw's Ice Cream Pie from Crabby Candle Co. Hope you all have a great monday.

Good Morning

debra, so sorry to hear about your loss waa.gif

Melting Sour Cream Spice Cake from CFTKR

Switched to a candle this afternoon...it's so cloudy here and really dreary...YC Kitchen Spice

trep, I'm glad to hear that YC is keeping this scent year round

Michele, how ya doin' girl? ballonenbloemen.gif