The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Burning Our Scents, Both New & Old

Tonight is Dream Tarts - Bayberry. Going OOB... [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Maggie - you have another good list of scents!

My kitty is watching the heater vent, and has been for the last couple of days. I wish I could hear what she hears! I think? :o

Laurie, so sad for the family. The dog we just lost was also a yellow lab. They are wonderful family pets.

Good Morning--starting mine out with Crosscreek Mango Papaya--another lovely day on tap for the Ozarks. I am getting ready to go to Iowa on Friday to welcome my dad home and to stay and get him settled for a couple of weeks. He is so excited to be going home.

Good Morning WaxHeads!

[smilie=th_hello]

I hope everyone is doing well.

Picked out my morning scents last night, to make it easier on myself when I'm bleary-eyed.

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Starting the day with Cranberry Christmas by OMG Candles in the hall

Holiday Frost by Spotted Hog in the living room

Snowberry by CBV in the kitchen

Still have Snowman Balls by Candle Dippers going strong in my room

I just discovered how much I LOVE this scent. Anyone know who else carries it? I messaged Candle Dippers (on vacation till the 2nd) because they have it on the clearance page, but without a quantity available (some do have quantities - normally I would assume only one is available unless noted, but some other scents have a (1) after them, so I'm really confused). Anyway I need MORE of that!

I also need a small fix of a couple of faves from Can-Do, I see she's open this morning. Anyone know of any re-opening specials? $3.95 for 6 tarts is special-enough for me to order, just wondering. I've also been trying to get in on the Candle Cubbard special, but finding it a little confusing (or myself a little slow - probably the latter).

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hey Jedda, I think one (the fruity) may be Berry Bewitching Brew and the other one (with the coffee note) is Witches Brew. Here are her descriptions of both:

BERRY BEWITCHING BREW: Top notes of peach, apricot, and blackberries, middle notes of mandarin, cinnamon and rose and nicely balanced with just a hint of woodsy musk

WITCHES BREW: a secret scent that is mystical

Maybe that solves your mystery

You solved it! I blame the handfuls of antihistamines that I've been relying on for my allergies. The names are close enough that I didn't notice the difference.

Berry Bewitching Brew is the fruity one that I had in the stash, and Witches Brew is the one from my swap box. It was really nice, and I would reorder it in the future. (Though I would like to know what the "real" description is. I smell coffee, spices, and fruit... intriguing.)

Good Morning WaxHeads!

[smilie=th_hello]

Still have Snowman Balls by Candle Dippers going strong in my room

I just discovered how much I LOVE this scent. Anyone know who else carries it? I messaged Candle Dippers (on vacation till the 2nd) because they have it on the clearance page, but without a quantity available (some do have quantities - normally I would assume only one is available unless noted, but some other scents have a (1) after them, so I'm really confused). Anyway I need MORE of that!

Here ya go, WAXHEAD ! [smilie=th_lol22]

CFTKR has Snowballs (same scent description as Candledippers' Snowman Balls) You can get an 8 oz bag or a single large snowflake with a poem :tongue: .

http://www.candlesfromthekeepingroom.com/catalog.php?item=232

http://www.candlesfromthekeepingroom.com/catalog.php?item=274

Google Snowman Balls tarts..here are some other listings I found

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNOWMAN-BALLS-SOY-TARTS-MELTS-1-oz-/120631055807

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/mylingy/2821557/snowman_balls_soy_tarts/handmade/candles/tarts_melts/soy_scented

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62088739/snowman-balls-soy-tarts-melts-2-oz

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66998173/v-day-sale-snowman-balls-scented-soy

Good morning windy and warm in oklahoma melting orange marmalade zucchini bread from sun harbor have a super great day.

Good Morning all!

Debra~ Thanks about the scents...my dog stares at the vent too....I always wonder what it is she sees/smells/hears! [smilie=th_confused3]

Trep~ Great news about your Dad! [smilie=th_cc15] What a wonderful thing for you to settle him back in...I am sure he is so happy...what they say is true, "There is no place like home!"

This morning:

Ginger Shortbread from LSC...this one was in the Holiday scents but I think it is good all year.

Hansel & Gretels House from Perfect Scents

Have a good one! :)

trep, your dad must be so excited to be going home soon. I hope the mild weather continues for you!

Having a wonderful time with my mom and dad here. Melting Cinnamon Vanilla this morning from Scentsy. Have a great day!

26760903.gifGood Morning...well, almost afternoon...lol

I'm melting Coffee Cake from Thompson's Candle Co. Also have a Swan Creek votive burning...Cinnamon Spice

debra, maybe your kitty does hear something! A couple of summers ago, our cat would sit upstairs and stare at the ceiling in one of the dormers. 89443.gifI mean, he would literally sit up there for hours! I couldn't figure out why. A couple of days later we realized we had bats up in our attic!!!thpanic.gif He could hear them before we did!

trep, glad your dad is going home...enjoy your visit with him

Gotta go do some laundry laundry-2.gif

Have a nice afternoon everyone

Hi folks. I'm melting Scentsy Sentimental Cider today from a CF friend. Thanks buddy! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Don't have a lot of money for wax these days because I'm spending a bunch on craft supplies. My yarn wreaths are coming along nicely but not quite ready for p0rn just yet. I'll post when they're done! As for wax, Shady Mountain and Crosscreek are next on my list.

A couple of days later we realized we had bats up in our attic!!!thpanic.gif He could hear them before we did!

Did you have a lot of them? My sister had one in her house that they didn't know about and one night on the way to bed my BIL got knocked in the head with it! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc Creepy. We have woods behind our house and when we moved in we would notice in the summer that bats would be flying all around our yard. One night we saw that they were coming out from under the eaves. [smilie=th_shout] YIKES...I freaked out. Once we counted up to 32 and gave up counting. They were packed under there like sardines..thankfully, they never got into the attic but all I wanted was for the old DH to get them out. Well, we had someone come and seal up under the roof and behind the gutter and the bats disappeared...but now we have the BUGGIEST yard in the world. Can't even sit outside after dark at the pool. I should have left well enough alone. [smilie=th_sad-1] I miss my bats. I never thought I'd ever utter those words.

debra, maybe your kitty does hear something! A couple of summers ago, our cat would sit upstairs and stare at the ceiling in one of the dormers. 89443.gifI mean, he would literally sit up there for hours! I couldn't figure out why. A couple of days later we realized we had bats up in our attic!!!thpanic.gif He could hear them before we did!

My cat sat and stared at the pantry door in our old apartment all day until we realized that there was a mouse in there. It was the first...and last... mouse that ever came into that apartment !

Today's melt is CFTKR Ancient Incense. Love it !

Hi everyone. This is what I have been burning/melting.

Melting: Harvest YC

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies by CandleDippers

Burning:

Moonstruck by Bridgewater, votive, finishing up

Romance by ? votive, palm wax

This afternoon it has been Caribbean Sunset from Scentsationals--this is surprisingly good. I had ordered it and when it came the cold sniff was just "so-so" but wow-once it is melted it is wonderful. Very tropical--coconut, pineapples, and other fruits. I really really like it.

Hi there...

Melting Strawberry Shortcake from Can-Do this afternoon...the best strawberry scent I have found. It's very sweet and light!

Boogie, I take it your kitty caught the mouse! lol Love the hunting instinct cats have!!!! So cool.

Maggie, OMG! Girl! That is a lot of bats! We only had a couple in our attic. One got caught in our attic fan grate and I had to call critter control to come and get it! He had to destroy it as soon as he removed it. Once we got the roof vent fixed and the dormers checked, they weren't able to get it anymore. They can squeeze into the smallest spaces...like no bigger than your thumb. We still see them flying around at dusk in the summer though! We live in a country setting with many older houses around. There is also a very old church in town that is full of bats! Sometimes in the summer, if I take a walk reeeeaaally early...like 5:30am...I can also see the bats flying around...it is sort of creepy. I know what you mean about the bugs...even with the bats, we still have a lot of mosquitos.

Okay, gals, I am off to help with homework, get dinner on the table and take DS#1 to karate...

another lovely day on tap for the Ozarks.

Trep - I'm gonna stop watching our local weather. Hearing you say what your weather is like is all I need to know cuz it seems it comes my way after it passes by you. ;) It was really warm here today - almost 60 degrees!

I miss my bats. I never thought I'd ever utter those words.

MaggieMae - I'm pretty sure you can purchase bat houses for your yard. Maybe that would encourage them to come back to your yard. If you're sure you really want em, that is. :blink: I've seen bats fly around at dusk in the summer here, too. I shoo my pup back in the house when I see them cuz it creeps me out. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

I'm melting FP's Cranberry Bread. Deeeeelish! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Thanks about the bat houses, Sweet. A friend of ours did mention them once and I forgot about them...I might just go get some before the summer.

Tonight it's:

Sweet Pear Crisp from Crossroads all over.

Have a good night!

Hey y'all. I'm melting an old favorite, AMS Lemon Pound Cake. This is the last of the bag I ordered. Sad.

I found a good way to de-stress tonight. I made 3 little felt flowers to go on one of my wreaths. They're pretty cute and I had fun making them. Next I will try a new style of flower (to go on the same wreath). There are lots of tutorials all over the place online.

[smilie=th_hema1]