The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Burning Our Scents, Both New & Old

Good evening tonight i am melting Cindy's Apple Pie from Buggy Town and Monster Mash from CCCC. Hope you all have a great evening

Jedda, it's so true. No days off for moms, no sick days, no tips to the taxi driver (or the waitress, cook, laundress - etc). LOL Gotta love it, tho.

Aria - glad your DH is north of the border since he said it sucked there.

I changed out this afternoon to Christmas Past from CFTKR, it's pretty good - nothing spectacular, but I'm blasting through those holiday scents. (still have a long way to go, tho)

I did discover one that I think is TDF - White Christmas (type) from CandleDippers. I already messaged her and asked if it would be seasonal only (cause I would have HAD to snag some if it's going away) and she said she's carrying it year-round. woo hoo!

Have a good evening, happy Friday!

[smilie=th_biqazm1]

Good Saturday Morning, Friends!

It's already almost 7 and nobody is up here except the dogs and I. (and DH who got up at 3 for work)

It's foggy here, but supposed to be almost 70. I'm really forcing myself to melt all this holiday winter stuff, the weather is just NOT cooperating. lol

This morning I put on Christmas Splendor by Taras Candle Cottage in 3 melters.

. . . . ooops there goes another pack of those tarts . . . .

Good20Day20twisty.gif

ETA

Added Christmas Morning by Delightful Scents to my room. Burn baby burn, I want that box to empty out! lol

All of my boys have gone out to ride 4 wheelers today. I saw them off and now I'm relaxing with a th_blij51.gif and LOL Sweet Bread melting. YC Cranberry Peppermint jar is lit. th_yay.gif My only chore today is mopping the floors. Meh. I'll do it later.

Good Morning!

Just started melting Can Do Carrot Cake in 3 melters. This smells really nice. It is supposed to be in the 50's here today. It looks like a beautiful day.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Trep - it's abnormally warm here, too. And that's after having snow earlier this week. Crazy seesaw weather - from one extreme to the other. :wacko:

I'm melting Nene's Gingerbread Latte - luv it! :wub: After breaking a tooth last week, went to the dentist yesterday for 2 extractions. No pain before...but after was a whole 'nother story [smilie=th_th1ptgno] and the pain med made me sick. [smilie=th_puke] Fortunately, feeling much better today! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Trep - it's abnormally warm here, too. And that's after having snow earlier this week. Crazy seesaw weather - from one extreme to the other. :wacko:

I'm melting Nene's Gingerbread Latte - luv it! :wub: After breaking a tooth last week, went to the dentist yesterday for 2 extractions. No pain before...but after was a whole 'nother story [smilie=th_th1ptgno] and the pain med made me sick. [smilie=th_puke] Fortunately, feeling much better today! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Ooooooh, Sweet !

[smilie=th_sorry_]

I feel your pain. Glad your better. Maybe your dentist could give you some Phenergan or something for the nausea.

Hope it heals fast. I'm still irrigating a hole from an extraction I got right after Thanksgiving. ack

All of my boys have gone out to ride 4 wheelers today.

we are a family of riding 4 -wheelers we race them lots of fun.

Good morning we are going to a atv/dirt bike race today lots of fun. Melting pink dreams from shayz. Have a great day all.

Sweet, Feel better! That's terrible about the nausea...hope you are on the mend! [smilie=th_balloons]

Started that morning with:

Cocoa Pink from BH...yuck- couldn't even let it melt for 60 seconds.

Switched to:

Frosted Flurries from BH and

Mini Candle of Marshamallow Peppermint from Slatkin in FR

Cranberry Woods from BH in the K and LR and

Slatkin candle in Frosted Cranberry in LR

Have a good one. :)

I'm still irrigating a hole from an extraction I got right after Thanksgiving.

hope you are on the mend!

Started that morning with:

Cranberry Woods from BH in the K and LR and

Thanks guys - I'm feeling much better. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] No more of that pain med 4 me - I'll stick w/OTC stuff. Laurie - I remember when U had that done - had no idea it wasn't healed yet - yikes! [smilie=crap] I hope it's not bothering U!

MaggieMae - Is BH's Cranberry Woods the same scent as Slatkins? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

I've changed to Busy B's Pumpkin Souffle & it's [smilie=th_fabulous1]

MaggieMae - Is BH's Cranberry Woods the same scent as Slatkins? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

[smilie=th_confused3] I don't know...I've smelled it in the store but can't remember what it smelled like. I just know I liked it. Sorry, no help here. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Just got back from a fast run to the mall and a few other places. Just started a Yankee Hometown Days tart. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. For you gals with tooth problems--I feel your pain. Whenever I have to have a tooth pulled I get a dry socket and then it is a very painful experience. Hope you both are A-1 soon.

Just got back from a fast run to the mall and a few other places. Just started a Yankee Hometown Days tart. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. For you gals with tooth problems--I feel your pain. Whenever I have to have a tooth pulled I get a dry socket and then it is a very painful experience. Hope you both are A-1 soon.

Trep, I have had those, and they make me want to saw my head off. Hopefully you will never have another, but after suffering excrutiating pain and dentist packings, I discovered a mriacle - clove oil. I found a whole thread on the web about it, people singing the praises of such an inexpensive and natural type cure. It really works too - I always keep some on hand. It's sold in drugstores as Red Cross toothache kit.

Sweet, I used it on this last extraction when it started singing and the meds made me sick, it's truly a miracle.

Just to keep this post honest, I added Christmas Splendor from Delightful Scents in my room.

blocks.gif How is everyone doing today? I have been running around since 7 am this morning shlepping the boys to karate and hockey. Finally came home to have a bite to eat and a cuppa joe and then we are off for Round 2..hockey practice again.

DS#2 had a fantastic hockey game this morning!hockeyplayer.gif He got a hat trick! He played his best game ever! The coach awarded him the Player of the Game (dogtag)! thBlueribboncongrats.gif So proud!proudmom.gif

As far as melts...I am just remelting Cozy Fireside from Scentsy that I started yesterday evening.

Oh yeah, that Creme Brule Party Cake that I melted yesterday started off pretty good, but after it really heated up all I could smell was a fake sort of buttery smell. It reminded me of when you pop a bag of butter flavor microwave popcorn. I had to turn it off and it took awhile for the scent to go away. Yuck...not a scent for me.

sweet, sorry to hear about the trip to the dentist...I am the same as you and can never tolerate those strong pain meds. I just take regular Motrin...2 200mg usually works great for me.

Jules, sounds like a quiet day for you!

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon

Laurie--thanks a million for the info on clove oil. Now that you mention it I remember that I have heard of that being an old time remedy but I never knew if it worked or not. I will write the name down for future reference should I have to have another tooth pulled. You are so right about wanting to sawl your head off--it is awful.

The Hometown Days tart smelled nothing like the candle of the same name--it smelled like Granny Smith which gives me a headache so out it went and I have Be Thankful on now.

For those of you suffering tooth pain, I hope you're feeling better soon. I experienced dry sockets after having my wisdom teeth pulled and it was horrible. I also couldn't tolerate the pain meds so on top of the excruciating pain, I spent an entire day throwing up.

Just started melting McCalls Country Store from a CF friend. I've been enjoying cold sniffing it for weeks and decided that today was the day it needed to be melted. :D

Tonight I am melting Haley's, Battle of the Sexes, in my living room..

In my kitchen, I am melting BH&G, Wildberry Cheesecake (love this scent)...

Hope everyone has a good night... [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Laurie - that's great info on the clove oil - TY! [smilie=th_yourock] I'm sending myself an email so I'll have that info in the future. And hope no one here needs it! [smilie=th_a136]

Aria - Your DS did great! [smilie=th_clap1] What's a 'hat trick'? Who knows....maybe you're watching a future Olympian in the making! [smilie=th_c032]

I'm ending the day with a scent repeat of last night - Slatkin's Spiced Apple Toddy candle.

Sweet dreams everyone! [smilie=cloud_9]

Sweet, a hat trick is when a hockey player scores three goals in one game. They're pretty rare. Aria, that sounds like a great accomplishment for your DS!

I'm melting LSC Pink Champagne & Strawberries -- such a fun one. I'm liking the scent a lot. It feels good to be gradually using up my messy LSC tart cups, but I still have a long way to go before they're all gone.

Tonight DH and I watched one of my favorite movies ever: The Man in the Iron Mask (1998) with Leonardo DiCaprio. Its best attributes are the music, the adventure, and all the CHEESY lines (often with dramatic pauses) that I love to quote throughout the whole movie. ("To love you is treason against France, but not to love you is treason against...my heart!") Oh, I just had the BEST time watching that -- and cried at the end as usual.

[smilie=th_moredrama]

Laurie - that's great info on the clove oil - TY! I'm sending myself an email so I'll have that info in the future. And hope no one here needs it!

I hope not either, it's something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

It tastes nasty as all get-out, and if you drip it on your lips it burns a little, but anyone who has had the pain of a dry socket will GLADLY take the other discomforts which pale in comparison.

:blink:

Tonite I am winding down with Christmas Past from Buggy Town.

Very pine-y (in a good way).

I can at least pretend it's winter outside.

[smilie=th_autumboy]

Nite' all!

DS#2 had a fantastic hockey game this morning!hockeyplayer.gif He got a hat trick! He played his best game ever! The coach awarded him the Player of the Game

Congrats to your DS!!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Went to Michaels today and picked up 3 Ashland tarts..melting the Pumpkin Spice one and I love it...it smells like the Embers one that I love. Thanks for letting me know about them Aria! :)

Night. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]