The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Burning Our Scents, Both New & Old

Good morning. Clearing out those decorations was an all day job yesterday, but it was so worth it. I also rearranged some furniture and cleared out some everyday clutter. This morning I'm looking around at a clean, tidy space...and it smells like toasted marshmallows. I can think better in an uncluttered room.

Aria,lucky you. Our kids don't go back until Thursday. It's not been just my own two around here either. They seem to have formed a posse of buddies tromping through the house all day.

Sweet, Nene's Gingerbread Boy you say? I'll add it to my list. Happy New Year.

Hope 2012 is a good one for everybody.

Melting LSC Amaretto Nog this morning and burning YC Italian Christmas Biscotti and YC Mistletoe & Fig.

I still have loads of holiday scents to melt. I will see how long I can continue melting them before I am sick of them. I will try a while longer.

We had our big New Years Day party yesterday. It went well. Unfortunately my FIL suffered a massive heart attack yesterday and is not doing well. He has not been well since July. Very sad.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

[smilie=th_316785e4] Good Morning!

:hello: everybody! I hope you had a fantastic Christmas, Hanukkah, or whatever holiday you celebrate! And today, well, HAPPY NEW YEAR one and all! [smilie=th_a056]

May 2012 be a wonderful year for each of you and all your families and friends!:thwetkissf:

[smilie=th_sHellobar] Gail!!! Great to see ya!!! [smilie=th_bb40] I wish you a wonderful New Year too and hope your holidays were [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Oh Michele~ I just saw your post and I wish your FIL a speedy recovery and sending healing prayers your way! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Today it's:

WAHM's Eggnog French Toast from a sweet CF pal...smells great! [smilie=th_teks0311]

BH's Cookies for Santa and Snow Cream.

Have a good one! :)

I started the morning with a remelt of Backroad Hobbies "Lemon Sugar". It is starting to die down, so I will probably change it out soon.

Have a great day!

So sorry to hear about your FIL Michelle. Prayers and hugs heading your way. Jules...it's just so cleansing to get rid of some clutter and also rearranging the stuff we have. I know you are feeling good about this "declutter" day. This morning, I am burning my SS votive Sweet Annie and Yankee Holiday Sage. DS will be heading back to Penn. tomorrow. It's been good to have him home for almost 2 weeks. Good to see your post Gail. Happy New Years to you and keep checking in from time to time.

So sorry to hear about your FIL Michelle. Prayers and hugs heading your way. Jules...it's just so cleansing to get rid of some clutter and also rearranging the stuff we have. I know you are feeling good about this "declutter" day. This morning, I am burning my SS votive Sweet Annie and Yankee Holiday Sage. DS will be heading back to Penn. tomorrow. It's been good to have him home for almost 2 weeks. Good to see your post Gail. Happy New Years to you and keep checking in from time to time.

6751.gif Hi there!

DH left for Mexico this morning...he is working there for the next couple of months. He'll come home every two weeks for the weekend and then go back. He was not thrilled about going, but he'll be making lots of money which is right up his alley. I am a little worried about him being there since he will stick out like a sore thumb, but there is a whole group of his coworkers down there also. They stick together going places and don't venture out alone.

Scent of the day over here is Sugar Cookie Dough Bread from Front Porch

Michele, prayers for your FIL...so sorry to hear that.

Maggie, once again, your melts sound delightful.

Happy New Years to you to Gail

Jules, wow, Thursday?? Yikes! I know what you mean about the nonstop friends coming and going all day long. I do love when there's a lot of activity in the house, but it is also soooooo nice to have the house all to yourself.

Need to get moving here...it's cold today, so hopefully the ice rink will freeze over...an entire Christmas vacation gone and the boys didn't get to skate in the yard once.

[smilie=th_hello] and Happy New Year!

Melting Shady Mountain Holiday Pecan spice

Tara's Toasted Apple Cake

Burning Slatkin Frosted Cranberry

and GC Spiced Gumdrops

Candlelove..sending get well wishes to your FIL!

Sweet - thanks for the votive report. I have ordered tarts (fall) but I am having a heck of a time finding the new scents since the alphabet list is gone. The search takes me all over, and sometimes I never do locate them if they are not obvious fragrances. (Where to start looking for Cowgirl Up? )

Debra - I was very frustrated trying to find scents, too. [smilie=th_pullhair] Most of the scent names give us NO clue what category to find them in, so I wrote and asked if they would go back to the alpha list - you might want to add your request, too. That's when Danny discovered the problem w/the search engine. As far as I know, that's been fixed - just now I typed 'cowgirl' into the search engine & it show's Cowgirl Up is in the nutty/berry category. Do U get their newsletter? They always list new scents in that and am glad they've now started putting the descriptions with them. Helps a lot! [smilie=yes]

Michele - prayers for your FIL for healing and a good report. [smilie=th_00000020]

Puppy [smilie=th_76d65c2f] - so good to C U - hope all is well with you!

I'm melting and burning the same scent - McCalls Country Store. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Prayers for your father in law

melting Country gift shop from sun harbor and my bayberry is still

going strong from Buggy Town. Have a great day all

Michele, so sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery.

Aria, I hope you will be able to keep yourself occupied while your DH is gone. I know what that long-distance stuff is like. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

I'm melting GHBT Tayberry & Teakwood today. DH goes back to work tomorrow.

Good afternoon, everyone. It's very cold here today. Will be taking the tree down sometime today, when my help arrives. I am melting: Apple Spritzer by LOL, may add 2 candles later on.

Jules - Glad U got your sniffer back! [smilie=th_bounce] R U still on a quest for a good gingerbread? Let us know what U think of Nene's if U try it - I think you'll like it. [smilie=yes]

Not getting tired of Christmas scents yet, so I've changed to CFTKR's Christmas Cabin. I'm not typically a seasonal melter, so don't be surprised to see me still melting this in June. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Just lit a couple of candles for the evening...YC Holiday Bayberry and Slatkin Evergreen. I also have an unscented pillar burning in a large glass hurricane. Think I will also light up a Warm Glow hearth candle I have. I pretty much burn candles every night. It makes the house so cozy. Sometimes it drives me nuts when DH or one of the boys starts turning on a bunch of lights and ruining my candlelit atmosphere...the nerve! rollingpin.gif

sweet, I am not tiring of the holiday scents yet either. In fact, I think I am enjoying them more now that things have calmed down and everything isn't so hectic.

Christy, I always stay busy...and DH does have to travel from time to time for his line of work so I am used to it. The boys keep me busy with all their activities.

Speaking of DH, he arrived safely in Mexico, but his cell phone is not working there yet. So he emailed me that "it sucks here just like I thought it would." Poor guy...

The boys and I went to the movies and saw The Adventures of Tintin...it was pretty good although I found my mind wandering a bit at a few parts. I think the boys liked it.

Gonna go make myself a cup of coffee...have a great evening everyone AddEmoticons10344.gif

Maggie, once again, your melts sound delightful.

[smilie=thank_you] Aria!

I am glad your DH arrived in Mexico safely...I'm sure it will feel like he will be home in no time flat! :)

Tonight:

Melting Holiday Homecoming from BH in all my melters...I love this one and wish I ordered more!

Burning:

5 votives in Balsam & Cedar from YC

Frasier Fir Woodwick

Have a good one! :)

Aria - glad you heard from your DH. Hope the time goes quickly for you both. [smilie=superman]

Ending the day with Can-Do's Kathy's Cranberry Jam. It's good - very similar to her Cinnamon Sugared Cranberries, just not as much spice to this.

Sweet - I do get the HoS newsletter - I think the descriptions are new? I really really really want the alphabet back, but when I asked he said "his customers wanted it broken down into categories". I think maybe he could do both? I don't know how much space it would take on his site, but, but, but... [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Healing wishes for your FIL, Michele.

I have a Village candle on the warmer since the wax is pretty low and won't stay lit. Warm Apple Pie.

Happy New Year, all! Tonight's scents are:

Tarts

Sweety Bear (almost typed Sweaty Bear-OMG Candles

Vanilla Apples-Can-Do

Candles

Carrot Cake-Yankee

Apple Spice-Goose Creek

Good Morning CandleFind Friends!

[smilie=th_autumboy]

Brrrrrr! Winter finally found us. I heard it may get down in the 20's last night - my thermostat this morning says 34 and that's cold enough for me. It's Florida, after all. lol

I discovered I had left the melter in my room on all night, and I can still smell it - Holiday Sleigh Ride from BG&H - it's kinda of an odd scent, can't exactly place it - a bit perfumy. Those little BG&G's sure crank out the scent tho!

The kitchen, living room and hallway just got Winter Scentsations from CFTKR. Beautiful snowflakes they were, almost too pretty to melt. Almost. I don't smell them yet, I'm gonna sit back with my coffee, wait for the brain fog to drift out as the scent drifts in.

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

p.s. how is your FIL doing Michele?

thinking of you

[eta]

I just changed out 2 of the bathrooms - put Spiced Sugar Plum in my bathroom and also in my bedroom, and Chocolate Peppermint Truffle in the kids' bathroom, both from BG&H

Good morning my son goes back to school today [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr. Today i am starting the day off with Marshmallow Key Lime from Shady Mountain. Have a great day all