The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Melting MAYhem

I am sorry to say I have not melted anyting in months its just to hot here in florida.

Maggie - [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] No melting in months?! Yikers - I'm sorry to hear that. You're only able to melt in the fall & winter? [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Happy birthday Deezee! [smilie=th_1819] (thread started)

Puppy - glad you're enjoying your SSS melties! [smilie=th_slider_hi5] I got the Texas Breeze, too, but haven't melted it yet. Is it more of a fresh scent or floral?

Melting CFTKR's Maple Oats & Honey. Really nice on this cold & rainy evening.

Tonights goodies are CBV Marshmallow Campfire in the computer room and Tangerine Mimosa in the bedroom. OMG.........the Tangerine Mimosa is SOOOO strong, I had to turn off the warmer and let it tone down. Its a really good scent, but mega strong. Marshmalllow Campfire is just an amazing scent.

Have a good night everyone. I hope to catch up on some posts within the next few days.

Hello,

Melting Crosscreek - Kentucky Bourbon Ball (good stuff)

wish it were the real thing.

Blue Gecko - Vanilla Caramel Creme Cookie

Good evening friends. I've been out and about a bit but now back to my lovely SSS Texas Breeze.

Mpfand, how wonderful that you and you mom had such a delightful memory-making week!

Maggie, wow, only one dud in three SSS orders? That sure is good odds! Makes me even more excited to try more of their goodies!

Sweet, here's the scent description for Texas Breeze: "This is actually a fragrance that I have a hard time describing. It comes from the Texas mountain laurel tree. It is VERY strong, and sweet. The best way to describe it is like standing on a hill, a slight breeze blowing and you get a wonderful whiff of the fruit trees around you. It is truly amazing!!!"

I don't know what the Texas mountain laurel tree smells like, but I can tell you that I'm not much for florals and not real big on many of the fresh scents either. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] It's more fresh than floral to my nose, but it just makes me go "Ahhhhhh!" if that makes any sense. It's described as "VERY strong, and sweet." Yep, plenty strong but not at all headache-y overwhelming, and yes, sweet but not cloying. I just love it!

Sweet, I hope that helps. Please tell me what you think of it when you melt it, k? Anyone else try it?

Gail

Happy birthday, Deezee!

Mpfand, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

Puppylove, love SSS and Texas Breeze.

At various times:

LOL - Cupcake Batter

Can Do - Sweet Cornbread (good), Pink Lemonade (very good and great throw)

AZW - Pink Sweet Orange (eh), Pink Sugar Cookies (YUM! Definite reorder), Sweet Milk (not much - a shame because the cold sniff was fabulous), Sweet Nothings (yummy!)

Kim's - Hot Orange Danish (a favorite), 7Up Pound Cake (another favorite)

Time & Again - White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake (eh), Banana Split (eh)

Burning:

Snicker Doodle Creations - Raisin Bread/Sticky Buns pillar (not sure of the scent name but it's really long and I'm too lazy to go check).

OKC sure had some dangerous weather yesterday. Jason - hope you can check in and let us know you're safe. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Melting Nene's Homemade Sugar Cookie.

Aw, thanks for thinking of me. Sorry it's taken me so long to post. I am fine. Family's all fine. My brother had hail damage to his roof, but other than that, everyone came out unscathed. I feel blessed, but also sad for the people who weren't as fortunate.

Tonight I'm melting YC Mountain Lake. Burning YC Drift Away and Village Candle's Summer Breeze.

Hmm, something was up with the board this morning, at least on my computer. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Everything seems fine now. [smilie=th_31]

Jason, I'm so glad you and yours are okay!

I'm melting Crosscreek's Bananalicious. I wasn't sure if I could smell anything, as I have a little cold. But I can, it's really nice, so I'm happy! [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

Have a good day, everyone.

Gail

Hi everyone. we are having rain here today. Melting: Lemonade & Berries by Carol, Beautiful Day by YC. Burning: Carribbean Escape by Bath & Body. Burining: votive Raspberry Peach Cobbler by Mylingy's.

Susan

Burning my YC Tutti Frutti candle again today....

I originally started out with CBV Flapjacks and that thing nearly chased me out of the house....strong maple syrup scent for anyone who likes those types of scents. I like it, but wish it were a little more subtle. Practically made my eyes water it was so strong!!!!

Gail, I had trouble getting on CF this morning also. I kept getting some sort of error screen....glad it's okay now though!

Long time no post! I finally had some time to check in today - it's been ages. Just started melting Pretty Petals from Crosscreek downstairs and am about to get Lilac & Cotton going upstairs - also Crosscreek.

Happy Birthday Candlefan!!! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I don't know what the Texas mountain laurel tree smells like, but I can tell you that I'm not much for florals and not real big on many of the fresh scents either. :lol: It's more fresh than floral to my nose, but it just makes me go "Ahhhhhh!" if that makes any sense. It's described as "VERY strong, and sweet." Yep, plenty strong but not at all headache-y overwhelming, and yes, sweet but not cloying. I just love it!

Sweet, I hope that helps. Please tell me what you think of it when you melt it, k? Anyone else try it?

Gail

Gail I would have to say that describes me to a "T"...but I also fell in love with the Texas Breeze! It is really beautiful!

Melting:

Lemon Buttercream Frosting from Crosscreek

I don't know what the Texas mountain laurel tree smells like, but I can tell you that I'm not much for florals and not real big on many of the fresh scents either. [smilie=HBday] It's more fresh than floral to my nose, but it just makes me go "Ahhhhhh!" if that makes any sense. It's described as "VERY strong, and sweet." Yep, plenty strong but not at all headache-y overwhelming, and yes, sweet but not cloying. I just love it!

Gail

Thanks Puppy! It does have a unique, sweet cold sniff to it. I've been kinda askeeeeered :lol: to melt it in case it was floral-y (those give me a headache). Glad to hear it isn't. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Jason - so glad to hear you're safe and sound! [smilie=HBday]

Melting SSS Sweet Country Custard.

Jason--so glad you and yours are all OK. It has been around our area all day--luckily not right here but close enough--wiped out a Pizza Hut and some other things to the south of us.

Today has been Lilac Blossoms and Island Guava both from Yankee.

Jason-Glad to hear that you are okay.

Gail and Aria- I tried getting on the board this morning also and kept getting an error message.

Today I am burning YC Tutti Frutti. This one has a great throw. I am also melting Can Do Sweetheart Roses in the BR. Nice strong throw. Really nice scent.