The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

It was a lovely day today with a high of 70 degrees. Tomorrow? A freakin' blizzard for the first day of spring. It's already cold and windy out, so I went with some cozy scents: YC Home Sweet Home and Scentsy's Mochadoodle. Also burning SH's Mixed Berry Crumble.

wow, Jason. I heard that was expected on the news tonight. crazy, huh? I remember back in '93(thank goodness I was living in New Orleans then) my brothers got a big surprise...that Friday it was 60 and sunny in New York..unseasonable is not even the word for that temp...and the next afternoon a blizzard started. Left alot of people unprepared.

late night melts: CFTKR bog cranberries and sweet apple in the LR

CFTKR-blue sugar in the BR

CFTKR nectarine mint in the bath.

that CCCC pink cotton candy cake is still going strong in the DR.

Good Morning!

It is an absolutely gorgeous day here!

Jason-Sorry about your weather.

I have melting a Can Do Orange Magnolia Blossom. I have this on a Yankee electric melter and not much throw at all. I just put one of the tart burners from Can Do on the warmer. I am hoping for a better throw. I usually melt Can Do on a 20 watt electric.

This will be all for today. Heading out for the day.

Have a great Saturday!!!

First melt of the day is Nene's I Heart Cake....just started it a few minutes ago....

I never got the chance to open my packages from Nene's and Kim's Tarts yesterday. Had to get up early to feed the cat,catsmileyhug.gif so I actually was able to open and sniff everything without interruption!

Does anyone know if Kim's Tarts are soy? They look like soy to me, but I can't find any info saying what they are.

Hi everybody. No blizzards here today.

I've got a floral dream going in my home this morning.

Full Moon - Hawaii

Country Light - Honeysuckle

both are quite potent. [smilie=th_00000020]

plus YC swirl jar Moonlight Garden

SSS - jar Texas Breeze

It's March Madness, Jason. The weather is always crazy during this time. It's lovely here, but we may have some snow by tomorrow. I am melting LOL-American Dream. I hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'm cleaning a little bit, then heading outside to enjoy the day.

Jason~ Snow? That stinks! Hope it's over quick.

Jules~ Love the avatar...it's so soothing!

I still have the Honey GIngerbread (LOL) and Honey Ginger (BB) going. I am so impressed with these. There is no burnt smell whatsoever. The scent is not as big but it is still kicking. I am definitely going back to Busy Bee and of course I love LOL. [smilie=th_00000020]

For those with sun today...enjoy...I think tomorrow is gonna be a stinker.

Thank you Maggie. I like yours too. I'm with you on the Honey Gingerbread scents. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Kim, are those your own flowers in your avi?

Happy Spring! It's a beautiful day here. I have some house cleaning to do but after that I'll be ready to enjoy the beautiful weather. DH is doing outside house cleaning and DD is just having fun.

I'm melting Carol's Black Cherry and Cranberry Sugar Cookie this morning. I had my Cherry Lemonade candle burning earlier but blew it out when we went out for a walk.

Good morning and HAPPY SPRING! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Jules, thanks re my proverb. Enjoy your floral dream today!

Sharon, :lol: to you too! You're so cute and funny.

Jason, that's a bummer about the blizzard! Hopefully it'll be gone quickly!

Aria, isn't it such a special pleasure to open our wax packages in solitude? :lol: Enjoy!

I love those honey ginger scents too!! Mmmmm, mmmmm!

Our weather has been wonderful, in the mid 70's. More importantly, we've had NO WIND. :P Our springs here are usually horrid that way, so I'm enjoying this while it lasts. :?

Just getting started with Cheryl's Sweet Lemon Sugar.

ETA: Sweet Lemon Sugar is TDF! Strong, authentic, stupendous!

Gail

In bed today with a bum back, all day. Seems to be a day or two of nothing always helps. I work for an elementary school and I think I did myself in by pushing the bigger kids on the swing. Pulling them back and then pushing them. Some of those Kindergarden kids are huge......LOL It hurts pretty darn bad. I hate back issues.

So, I am burning the most lovely candle this Saturday. Its called Lavender Martini and its from Aromasoy by Grazia. I almost forgot how wonderful her candles are. Only thing making me smile today. I also just remembered I have another of her candles tucked away in the closet. It was a gift last year for my BD. I think its called Tahitian Torulla Rum Cake. IDK, sounds weird so maybe I am way off. This Lavender Martini is so beautiful, right next to my dang injury bed.

Just sent DH out to pick up my 14yr. old son (Todd) from a sleepy over and requested a slurpee from 7eleven. Black Raspberry Lime, so the boy tells me. I told him to get me something tropical. Catch you guys again later, seeing as if I will be laid up......ugh! Its so beautiful out today too. Darn it anyway!

Man, I should have gotten myself this Apple Laptop, instead of the 19yr. old (Matt). This thing is pretty cool. Now I want a laptop. I had to beg to use his for the day. Go figure, I paid for it.

Aw Maureen, I'm sorry to hear about your back. How painful and frustrating! [smilie=th_fabulous1] Enjoy your Lavender Martini and slurpee. And oh yeah, that Apple laptop too! :?

Feel better quick!

Gail

Thanks Gail, yum........the slurpee IS good. Black Raspberry/Lime. I think someone should make a candle of it. Hey, wait my Aroma soy by Grazia. is Lavender/Blackberry Martini which has citrus in it. So, I am slurpin and burnin the same thing, almost. LOL

Anyone still enjoying some of Grazia's candles? I always loved her products. She is now dedicating her time to some other company as well. I believe water purification systems. She has always been about the environment, so this is right up her alley. My BF did recently place an order, but I know her choices on jars etc. were limited. Its worth it though for one of Grazia's candles. So pretty with sparkles in the wax and such.

Ok, I'm off to drink some more slurpee and try not to shop on the internet. Ugh, Im bored.

Happy First Day of Spring Everyone!!!

I am looking at snow blowing here...yesterday it was 60 degrees, today 30 and snowing, what a bummer.

Melting CFTKR- Pink Sugar and Lime Very nice, don't smell much of the lime though. Not sure what I am going to melt downstairs yet.

Have a great day!

Karrie

Wow, Jason...what a way to welcome in spring. :lol: How much snow is predicted 4 U?

Maurie - sorry to hear about your back, hope it's much better soon. Be cautious about drinking that big slurpee, tho. You know the golden rule...what goes in must come out. :? Getting out of bed a lot might be too painful.

This morning I melted CFTKR's Pumpkin Butter. It reminded me a lot of her Pumpkin & Crushed Nutmeg, which I luv, too, so all was good. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

hi everyone. gorgeous day here today but (and don't shoot me) almost too warm for this time of year. I know. Iknow. But you are talking to someone that descended from polar bears. the springs here in OH are too short. we go from snow to hot in no time. The spring bulbs can't take that sun. I saw just a few crocus briefly. the hyacinths and tulips seem to burn up so quickly. daffs do a bit better. ok, I'll stop my whinin.

(ok except for 1 more thing...) the dogs' riding season in the car is about over. They love to ride but I will absolutely not take them on any days when there is any kind of sun. I won't stop in a store at all when they are with me when the sun is out and I hate to see a dog in a car when there is! saw a dog yesterday in a suburban w/windows jsut cracked and the dang thing was sitting in the sun.

ok, rant over. now onto other stuff:

Maurie...sorry about your back. I know a bad back makes you feel miserable inside and out. so easily become depressed when a back is out. enjoy your candle. I think I'd have to remind someone who paid for that laptop. those things are sooo dang expensive but boy, is the webcam and audio on those things amazing. I can always tell watching a YT video if it was done on one.

to all you having snowy weather on the first day of spring...so sorry.

Gail, that Cheryl lemon wax sounds divine. I'm so into lemon bakeries. too bad her shipping for me is so high

CBV biscotti and lemon meringue pie heart tarts combo (so good)

CBV rock the vanilla in the BR

CFTKR-nectarine mint remelt in the bath

CFTKR-ambrosia vanilla bomb in the kitchen

have a great weekend, all.

Melting Cutie Pie Cupcake from Scentsy in the kitchen and living room and Ocean from Scentsy in the powder room. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!