The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

I love Bella's candle shop...have bought several of her candles in that scent in the past!

:oops: Even though I can't smell them I've put on:

Just tarts...donut shoppe

YC sun and sand

CYS almond orange oatmeal

Good morning!

The sun is out and is looking good today and I think the snow is finally starting to melt. DD has a playdate this afternoon which is good because she's been climbing the walls all week.

I'm melting Carol's Berry Fulfilling and Welcome Home.

onesmiley1-1.gif Good morning and congrats to Evan Lysacek for winning the Gold Medal last night! So awesome. Womens' snowboarding was a bit disappointing for the US.....

Scenting the House of Aria today is.....Carol's Blushing Peach....not a huge fan of peach scents, but this one is good.

Aria, I second that for the gold! I am always a blubbering idiot during the Olympics. I cry at every turn. I cry when i see their parents in the stands, I cry when they are on the podium, i cry when they complete their event. yep. crybaby during any Olympics. I'm glad that Johnny Weir did two clean performances. I am always one to root for the underdog and don't like the remarks in press. We all beat to the tune of a different drum in some way. We are who we are.

I finally found my CCCC citrus linen H20! It was right in my BR stash all this time. I think what made me overlook it was that it was white this time, and last time it was pink. immediately threw that into my bathroom melter.

CBV sexy in stilettos in the BR. LOVe love this scent; so unique and hard to describe. Sugar & spice scents just don't do it for me. I don't get much throw so that one had to go.

Hey everyone. Hope things are going well for all of you. Melting: Vanilla Berry from Cottage Hill, Candied Apple by YC. Burning a candle: Passion Fruit.

Susan

Added 1 melt cube in Tranquil Sleep (Fragrant Memories) to my bedroom melter. WOW..1 cube has never been this strong for me by any vendor. I also love this scent.

I also remember Mr Rogers, Captain Kangaroo,etc. I'm so old that I remember when TV was only in black & white.

Today I'm melting Waterfall from ScentSationals. The description is "a refreshing cascade of water". It really does smell good and I'm only using one cube.

Maggie, yes Bob Ross. I find his voice so soothing and love watching him paint. The focus is on the painting, just a subtle blue backdrop to the studio, and that soothing voice. Did I read somewhere that he passed away some while back? I wish I could paint or draw; stick-figures are about my speed. I don't have that artistic brain.

Gail-did you see the movie based on Temple's life? I see you have a quote from her. the gal that played the part really did a great job.

switched out the LR melter to Candledippers-whoa baby! it's a strong 'un.

I'm working tomorrow so I have today off. 8.gif

Captain Kangaroo was a favorite of mine, as well as Captain Penny (which was a local show that aired in Northern Ohio).

I'm melting Gold Canyon's Welcome Home while enjoying some hot tea. food-smiley-010.gif

[smilie=th_lol22]

Thismorning was CFTKR ~ Lemon Poppyseed Cake - HEAVENLY and lasted about 5 hours.

Now, I'm melting one from an ebay seller. (ashley's) Just got the package when I went home from lunch. Everything is very pretty but does not have much of a scent. I just put on wild berry scone about 40 minutes ago and I smell just a tad of blueberry. Hoping it will get stronger. When I say that a tart is not strong, it really is not strong because l have my tart warmer two feet from my nose sitting on my desk right beside me.

I had LOL Sugared Raspberry melting for awhile and it smelled really good and then got too strong and very tart smelling....blew out the tealight. Can't do super strong stuff like that.

After letting the scent dissipate, I put a Bayleaft & Pepper tart from Busy Bee on.....I normally love this scent, but for some reason today it's giving me a headache.

Think I'll go search for something else....nothing is making my nose happy.... [smilie=th_lol22]

Gail-did you see the movie based on Temple's life? I see you have a quote from her. the gal that played the part really did a great job.

Yes Susan, several friends and I watched it. It sure was good and her books are even better. They're not my absolute faves in the animal behavior department but they're certainly worth the read, IMO. Did you like the movie? She sure is an inspiration!

Aria, I have days like that too. Then again, other days my nose is so easy to please. [smilie=th_lol22] Hope you find a good 'un soon!

Denim, sorry to hear about your Ashley's order not being very strong. Hers are soy, aren't they? Maybe they need to cure for awhile?

I switched to LOL Hot Noel. Red hot cinnamons and vanilla. I like but I don't love. (Now I sound like Bigred. Miss our good buddy!)

Gail

Yea, I miss Big Red too... I am melting Isle of Eden-Sugared Corn Pudding. When I got this as a freebie i thought, Oh, Gross, I won't even like this. But, I am pleasantly surprised and it is really a good scent. I enjoyed the sunshine today, but it has about made me blind. I feel like a mole...Have a good Friday evening.

Today I melted LOL's Vanilla Crack, and I know why they call it that!!! This scent is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I am making pizza for dinner and am holding back making it because I don't want to blow out the tealight to make dinner because I am enjoying it so much. My poor family will have to wait a little for dinner. lol

I had a busy day with lots of running around so just starting to melt. I am melting Cheryl's Lemon Bundt Cake and Country Chunkie Lemon Crumb Cake (2).....GREAT! Loving this vendor!

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Referring to my Hot Noel, DH said, "That smell is aggravating!" Whazza matta with him? [smilie=th_c56] But.... gotta keep the man happy so I switched to SH's Sinfully Vanilla. He seems much more content now. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

Anjoy, [smilie=iagree] Vanilla Crack is :lol:

Gail

Susan~ You mean Bob Ross? I love him! He was the one who got me started painting...my favorite thing! Now I have landscape murals all over my kitchen! LOL

MaggieMae...I think we need to see some of your landscapes (hint..hint :lol: ). I bet they're beautiful! Bob Ross did pass away a number of years ago. I met him once at a painting convention and he was just as sweet, gentle and nice as he seems on tv.

Anjoymom - I agree.....Vanilla Crack is [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] !!! So far, it's the best vanilla I've tried. [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

Melting SH's Banana Nut Bread. Yummmm!

Yes Susan, Bob Ross died about 15 years ago of cancer and it was so upsetting. I found him on PBS as a child because of his wonderful voice and then the artist in me was sparked. Very sad.

Anjoymom~ Yes, Vanilla Crack is like crack indeed! LOVE IT...a happy gal that it was not discontinued.... [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Throwing on some of my newest stash....SSS Sugar Britches.

Edit: Sweet...maybe I shall try to take a picture and post...Don't expect too much... [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

I am so jealous that you got to meet him!! Lucky You!!!

Good Friday Evening everyone! Sorry I have been so busy-not able to get back and post much this week.

Sweet-Our little girl will get to be around 40-50 lbs when she is full grown.

We have decided to name her Madeline-Maddie for short. Her full registered name is -

"JaydeCat's Madeline Pie" Pie is my 5 yo's contribution and I absolutely love it!

This is the new picture I just got of her today...

maddie219-1.jpg

As for grooming around a Shih Tzu's eyes-my little guy has always had such eye issues that I had to find a great pair of detail scissors to keep his eyes clear between groomings-so I use these

http://www.havelssewing.com/havels-sewing-embroidery-scissors-curved-tip-c30012.html

Irreplacable!

For melting-

LOL-Vanilla Crack

HL-something white-don't know what though

CYS-Gourmet Sugar Cookie

Hope you all have a great night.

Anjoy, good to see you. too funny about putting off dinner so you can enjoy the scent.

Gail, yes I saw the movie and thought it was great.Haven't read any of her books.

Denim, sorry your clams from Ashley aren't strong. Maybe it was the scents I ordered? I was able to melt them immediately in my BR and had to turn the melters off because they were blowing out into the LR which is the opposite end. I melted again in my bath the other day and even when the t-light was out and the wax was cold, it was still highly scented. maybe letting them cure will help.

sweet, how neat you got to meet him in person. yes Maggie, we would like to see some of your pics.

CBV sexy in stilettos still going in the BR since this am.

CBV Neptune's Oasis in the bath

Candledippers-monkey munch in the melter

CBV Elvis 3 wick burning. earlier had CBV butter poundcake in the 3 wick. very pleased with how they quickly got a full melt pool around that widemouth bowl. great throw too.