The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

Michele, I love reading about what scents you have going. They always sound like they go so well together.

I'm cleaning today in preparation for our niece's visit. She'll only be with us for one night, but it'll be nice to see her again. Melting Mediterranean Spa in the powder from Scentsy and will add more later.

I'm melting Country heart candles "Mountain Lake" - I can't get enough of this scent. I wish I knew where they get this oil from. I would buy a gallon of it ~ [smilie=th_scratch]

I am heading out for some paczki...so many calories, but oh so tasty!

Aria - what filling do U like? I read an article about paczki & it said one of the traditional fillings was wild rose hip jam. I'm not a jelly-filling fan, but that one sounds interesting.[smilie=yes]

Have changed to K's Kreations Hot Orange Danish. Wasn't going to be my next melt, but the dear doggie has been mischievous lately :roll: , got in my tart basket and even opened this one. But, he chose a good one. Good boy! [smilie=th_scratch]

Well, I got very scent from the Juicy Apple Sauce tart...bummer.

Switched to Carol's Fruity Loops...much better.

sweet, we stick with the fruity flavored ones....strawberry and raspberry and we also like custard. I've never heard of the rose hip jam. Growing up, my dad always got the prune ones which taste better than you think it would...lol.

I am heading out for some paczki...so many calories, but oh so tasty!

Aria - what filling do U like? I read an article about paczki & it said one of the traditional fillings was wild rose hip jam. I'm not a jelly-filling fan, but that one sounds interesting.[smilie=yes]

Have changed to K's Kreations Hot Orange Danish. Wasn't going to be my next melt, but the dear doggie has been mischievous lately :roll: , got in my tart basket and even opened this one. But, he chose a good one. Good boy! [smilie=th_scratch]

Not to sound stupid, but what is paczki?

Just started burning a mini candle from Can Do-Pound Cake. (an oldie)

mpfand-I try to mix scents that I think go well together. Luckily they work most of the time.

Hello again...added Candle Dippers Alyssum to the mix in the BR...nice floral. wubpink.gif

Hey Puppy...just finished watching the Westminster doggie show and saw a corgi...awww so cute...I can see why you have one.16.gif

I just 16.gif those little beagles...grew up with them and had a couple when the kids were little. Maybe one day we will have one again...............

3925.gif

what is paczki?

Michele - here's the article I read about em... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paczki

I was wondering the same thing! I guess they don't have them in NY & NJ??? After looking at the link....I wish they did!! [smilie=th_scratch]

Thanks for the info spicy! Those do sound good. MaggieMae-I don't think they have them in NY and NJ either.

In honor of Fat Tuesday I am melting EW-Sin City. I used to buy Paczkis at Kroger. They are very good and very high cal...Our snow has stopped, but I have a bad case of the blahs...I hope everyone has a good afternoon.

good afternoon, all. mm, those paczki sound good. I've never heard of them either.

lol no shoveling, as the landlord got someone to do it yesterday and this late morning. I'm schlepping it today. just a little lite housework.

had to laugh @the furbaby picking your scent for you.

CCCC monster munch in the darling little bunny shapes. i just love this one. was a reorder.

CCCC Cashmere clams in the BR.

have a good eve, all

Love the avatar Kim!!!

Anyone of Polish descent would know what a paczki is...lol. I'm a Pole through and through! Actually, in old times, the paczki were made as a way to use up the sugar, lard, etc before Lent when you are supposed to fast. How's that tidbit of information??

Just added Nene's Spa to the first floor bath.....so powerful!

I've never heard of packzi, but my grandma used to make kolache. Is it the same type of thing? She used prune and apricot for the filling.

I finally decided on what scents to melt while DN (dear niece) is here. I don't know what kind of scents she likes so I hoped I picked ones that she can at least tolerate. French Vanilla Oak from LOL in DS's room and loft, Vanilla Suede from Scentsy in the kitchen and living room and French Kiss from Scentsy in the MB and DD's room (where DN will be staying).

Aria~ Guess what I found?? Paczki at Shop Rite...wow...I went out to do grocery shopping and what should I find sitting in the entrance way...you guesses it! Paczki. I picked up some Bavarian Creme and some Blueberry. Very excited...even though I am not supposed to eat sugar. [smilie=th_Welcome1-1] I guess the tradition is like Fat Tuesday? Eat all you can before Ash Wednesday? Thanks for teaching me something new!

Still melting the Blueberry Buckle but lit some candles:

Welcome Home from Bridgewater

Country Store from McCalls...mmmmmm!

Hello again...added Candle Dippers Alyssum to the mix in the BR...nice floral. wubpink.gif

Hey Puppy...just finished watching the Westminster doggie show and saw a corgi...awww so cute...I can see why you have one.16.gif

I just 16.gif those little beagles...grew up with them and had a couple when the kids were little. Maybe one day we will have one again...............

3925.gif

Sharon, it's fun to watch the dog show, isn't it? I've watched it for years, but anymore, I've been to sooooo many shows it's kinda boring. [smilie=th_Welcome1-1] Aw, thanks. I do love those Corgis! They aren't necessarily an easy breed but I enjoy their pizazz, smarts, and sass! Beagles are darned adorable too!

Alyssum, eh? Is that a nice one? Authentic? I love the real flower and looked long and hard at that scent when I ordered from CD this month.

I'm sooo behind on everything around here. Too many irons in the fire. But I wanted to stop in and see what everybody's been up to. I'm melting Cheryl's Spice of the Forest.

Paczki sounds so good! I've never heard of it. Maybe it's best I continue to know nothing about it. Must be plenty yummy!!

Gail

Maggie, hey! You found some paczki!! Awesome girl....must be some Poles around where you are. Enjoy!

Okay, a little while ago I put CHC Snickerdoodle which is supposed to smell like a vanilla cookie rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Um no, it smelled like chocolate. I hate chocolate scents in wax! I know we are taking a gamble on scents when ordering without sniffing, but c'mon....this smelled NOTHING like the description. Very disappointed.

Okay, rant over.....back to our regularly scheduled scent of the day thread....

Can-Do ~ Mom's Apple Pie

I've never heard of packzi, but my grandma used to make kolache. Is it the same type of thing? She used prune and apricot for the filling.

mpfand - I've never eaten a paczki, but have eaten kolache (luv nut kolache![smilie=th_Welcome1-1] ) Paczki are more like donuts, but, richer and a little heavier (I think), while kolache is more like a stollen...very different.

Last melt for the night is S&S Gingerbread Ice Cream.

Too much on tv tonite.Olympics...American Idol....Westminster Dog Show. Decisions...decisions.... [smilie=th_aa17]

[smilie=th_blij40]

good eve, all. can't believe it but I just took the dogs out to lift their leg and it is snowing big flakes again. lol enjoying the men's ice skating tonight.

CCCC-pink peppermint bark. (awesome)

also burning Gold Canyon black licorice. I love these two scents together, believe it or not.

CBV echoes from the Orient in the bath

CBV french quarter melting, and Sophie Belle on the melter-last of these candles. [smilie=th_blij40]

thanks for the education on the Polish donuts. I've never heard of them but like Gail, I'll just be thankful that I have no easy access to them and just admire them from afar. [smilie=th_Welcome1-1]

Excuse the newbie! (Me!) Mmmmm! Just lit a Vanilla Bean Noel pillar from PPC. I LOVE this scent! I also have this scent in a spray and use it on my linens, in the car, on myself, and more! Wondering if there might be other vanilla-based scents that are as yummy as this?