The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

I decided to start with black orchid ~ SUPER STRONG! I only put about a 1/4 of the tart in the melter here at work and it has the whole office smelling great!

Denim~ I hear ya about those scents..Love Crosscreek! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Susan~ I know what you mean about the prices of grooming! I just brought Daisy to the groomer the other day....I wish I could do the grooming better myself....the best I can do is clip the hair "sideways" :) ....after cutting her nails too short once I am afraid to do that again...and the ears...no way! I try to do the best I can every other time! She doesn't know if it's a good haricut or not, right?

Added some more melts to the mix...Apple Spice Potpourri from YC - love it! Also added a few candles: Welcome Home from Bridgewater - trying to use this one up, French Vanilla from Goose Creek and Apple Spice from Goose Creek.

Have a nice one ALL! :oops:

Denim~ I hear ya about those scents..Love Crosscreek! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Susan~ I know what you mean about the prices of grooming! I just brought Daisy to the groomer the other day....I wish I could do the grooming better myself....the best I can do is clip the hair "sideways" :) ....after cutting her nails too short once I am afraid to do that again...and the ears...no way! I try to do the best I can every other time! She doesn't know if it's a good haricut or not, right?

Added some more melts to the mix...Apple Spice Potpourri from YC - love it! Also added a few candles: Welcome Home from Bridgewater - trying to use this one up, French Vanilla from Goose Creek and Apple Spice from Goose Creek.

Have a nice one ALL! :P

Don't know how much y'all are paying for grooming but we pay 25 per dog. It gets really expensive. Luckily, the yorkies hair does not grow nearly as fast as the shi tzu so he only goes every other time. At christmas i was going to try to cut around my shi tzu's eyes (like an idiot) and gashed her with the scissors above the eye. Could have just as easily been her eye and put her eye out. I cried and cried. My daughter kept saying Mama she doesn't even act like it is hurting her, why are you crying! I WILL NEVER go near that dog with a pair of scissors again! :oops:

Don't know how much y'all are paying for grooming but we pay 25 per dog. It gets really expensive. Luckily, the yorkies hair does not grow nearly as fast as the shi tzu so he only goes every other time. At christmas i was going to try to cut around my shi tzu's eyes (like an idiot) and gashed her with the scissors above the eye. Could have just as easily been her eye and put her eye out. I cried and cried. My daughter kept saying Mama she doesn't even act like it is hurting her, why are you crying! I WILL NEVER go near that dog with a pair of scissors again! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Denim~ It costs me $58 to get my Yorkie cut!!! That's double what I pay for myself!! It's nuts!! I mostly use the clippers on Daisy and try to avoid the scissors as much as possible! I'm glad your little baby was ok! It's scary when they are hurt...I remember when mine had Lyme's disease and she wouldn't get out of bed...too scary! Thank goodness for VETS!!!

Don't know how much y'all are paying for grooming but we pay 25 per dog. It gets really expensive. Luckily, the yorkies hair does not grow nearly as fast as the shi tzu so he only goes every other time. At christmas i was going to try to cut around my shi tzu's eyes (like an idiot) and gashed her with the scissors above the eye. Could have just as easily been her eye and put her eye out. I cried and cried. My daughter kept saying Mama she doesn't even act like it is hurting her, why are you crying! I WILL NEVER go near that dog with a pair of scissors again! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Denim~ It costs me $58 to get my Yorkie cut!!! That's double what I pay for myself!! It's nuts!! I mostly use the clippers on Daisy and try to avoid the scissors as much as possible! I'm glad your little baby was ok! It's scary when they are hurt...I remember when mine had Lyme's disease and she wouldn't get out of bed...too scary! Thank goodness for VETS!!!

$58!!! That is insane. This lady that cuts ours charged 13.00 for about 20 years and then a few years ago she went up to 25. I didn't fuss one bit. I figured it had to happen eventually. I will check into a pair of clippers. Seems like my husband has some in a drawer that he never uses. Hey, I may find out that I can do this myself. (BUT how do you get around the eyes???)

Hey strangers..........lol.

Todays melting/burning is:

CBV 1/2 scent shot of Day Dreams in my bedroom

YC Lavender/Vanilla in the bathroom

YC Lavender/Lemon right near me at the computer

Ebay etailer-Peanut Butter cookie votive

All smells very yummy. I hope you are all well and having a great week.

Hi Maurie, good to see you!

Denim, I loved my groomer. she was the only one I had since I got my lhasa. She used to work @Petsmart then opened her own shop. I followed her there. it went from $40@petsmart to $45 at her own shop. I went for a good part of a yr then decided to invest in a decent pair of clippers. I got the kit that has the scissors and different blades. Now with 3 dogs, it would be way too much. I do use scissors for their faces but I do buffer it with my fingers. in other words, my fingers are between their eyes and my scissors. where I have problems is trying to do their 'maleness'. that gets a bit tricky and they are very protective of that part; with good reason. lol

Can-do Valentine's cookies

CFTKR-ambrosia vanilla bomb in the BR

CBV Palm Island candle burning and CFTKR-Jacuzzi in the bath.

relit my Gold Canyon Lovestruck.

I'm thinking I'll be in a spicy mood tonight for the men's figure-skating; something along the lines of Heart and Home from CCCC. One of my favs. w/some candles to compliment.

Hi Maurie, good to see you!

Denim, I loved my groomer. she was the only one I had since I got my lhasa. She used to work @Petsmart then opened her own shop. I followed her there. it went from $40@petsmart to $45 at her own shop. I went for a good part of a yr then decided to invest in a decent pair of clippers. I got the kit that has the scissors and different blades. Now with 3 dogs, it would be way too much. I do use scissors for their faces but I do buffer it with my fingers. in other words, my fingers are between their eyes and my scissors. where I have problems is trying to do their 'maleness'. that gets a bit tricky and they are very protective of that part; with good reason. lol

Can-do Valentine's cookies

CFTKR-ambrosia vanilla bomb in the BR

CBV Palm Island candle burning and CFTKR-Jacuzzi in the bath.

relit my Gold Canyon Lovestruck.

I'm thinking I'll be in a spicy mood tonight for the men's figure-skating; something along the lines of Heart and Home from CCCC. One of my favs. w/some candles to compliment.

Susan, you love your candles..............just like me! Only a true obsessed person would try to compliment mens figure skating with a candle scent. Love it!

Hello everyone...temps have been steadily climbing and the sun has been out for the last couple days.weathersun.gif

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...can you say that? Sure! I knew ya could. emoticon-south-park-017.gif Anyone remember Mr. Rogers?

Sorry...sometimes I remember the goofiest stuff. 25r30wi.gifugly_irre.gif

Anyway...melting Haley's Lemon Pound Cake. smiley-eatdrink026.gif

Y'all have a great evening!smiley-love053.gif

Hi!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Welcome Home and burning YC's Candy Slices.

Did anyone get any goodies from Carol's sale. I picked up a couple of the new ones as well as some old favorites.

My YC package also arrived today...2 new burners...the beach mosaic one to replace the one that DD broke and the fall on that's on clearance for $8.

Sharonana~ Of course I remember Mr. Rogers!!! I loved him and Mr. McFeeley...what a name!!! :oops:

Maurie~ Good to see you!

Dabba~ Hope you start feeling better soon!

Tried out the Fragrant Memories tonight. First tried the Almond Whip....not my cup of tea...then went on to the Baies Fouettes which was really nice and strong but didn't go with the Bear Claws in the FR....the Bear Claws was the BEST one I have ever tried!!! It started stinking from the minute it started to melt. It is wafting into the whole house.. LOVE IT!!! Will definitely reorder this one! Then to complement that I put Home from Front Porch in the LR....I can't believe I found this old thing...still strong as ever!!!

Maggie, Susan, Denim, I'm shocked at how much it costs to get a dog groomed. Wowza! I've never had a groomer, since I groomed my own dogs for the show ring and then when they retired I'd buzz 'em with the clippers. :lol:

Denim, I'm so glad to hear you're overjoyed with Crosscreek but I'm not going to order right now so... [smilie=th_LaLaLa] :oops:

Sharon, glad you're warming up! I sure do remember Mr. Rogers and his neighborhood. My DD was in love with him at the age of 4. [smilie=th_happy]

Dabba, feel better soon!

I'm melting Cheryl's Maple Syrup this evening. [smilie=th_31]

Gail

I remember Mr. Rogers. I watched it when I was little and then again when I was a teen-ager with the little girl I babysat. :oops:

I put on Cornbread & Honey Butter from Bella's this afternoon. I have it in two melters downstairs and it's so strong I actually turned off one of the melters. It smells so yummy, though.

I have one tart melting in my tealight melter....Cantaloupe Lily from Dew Drop Scents....beautiful combination of fruit and floral.

I remember Mr Rogers too....my oldest DS used to watch reruns of his show on public TV when he was younger...he's 11 now. I used to love the trolley.

Have a nice night....I am going to go browse Carol's site to see if there's anything I can't live without...lol

I'm spending the evening editing the recording I made of Mike Viola performing at The Lizard Lounge in Cambridge, MA on 9/26/09. (I recorded the 3 hour performance from a front row table, on Mike's Birthday! Yay!).

To keep me company, I lit the Vanilla Bean Noel pillar in my office/editing room and have an 8 oz. Twigs & Berries tin (both from Pine Point Candles) burning in the living room. Ahh, life is good!

good morning, all.

I remember watching Mr. Rogers with my nephew when he was little. To this day when it happens to be on PBS(which is my fav. tv station, btw) I like to have it in the background. there is something about his voice that is so soothing. I don't know, just soothing and comforting. lol Also the painting guy with the big afro has a very soothing voice and I like to hear that too. BBC radio world news guy-very soothing voice. Ok, I'm digressing.

CS-never heard of Mike Viola. I'll have to google him. Is he jazz? jazz is my fav. genre.

overnight melt in the BR was CBV buttermint candies which is spearmint and butter. that sucker was so strong and I kept waking up in the night smelling it. I swear it has permeated every fiber of my being; I still smell it now in my nostrils. lol not my cup of tea but if you like spearmint in wax, you'd love this.

Ashley's soy creations-cool citrus basil in the bath

Sugar&Spice blackberry amber in the BR

CFTKR-cinnamon streudel melt, and burning Goose Creek apple spice, and CBV spiced apple pie.

have a good day, all. sunny here. maybe some of the snow will melt; possibly more snow/freezing rain over the weekend. car is still buried and hubby is taking me to work again.

Good morning y'all. I was more the Captain Kangaroo kid myself, Mr. Green Jeans, Bunny Rabbit and the rest. I think we are in for more snow Sun. evening. I guess it's time because I am starting to see some ground here and there.. DH and right -hand office gal made a trip to Dayton yesterday and drove by the Warm Glow Candle Co. They had an order ready for her to pick up, so he stopped and brought me home a little something-something- from her. A bag of wax squares in Pomegranate scent. My LR is smelling so good right now. Yesterday, I melted Bellas-Candle Shop all day and evening. I can't believe I have not tried this one before. It is an amazing scent. This my store and errand day. I'll check back in later. Have a :oops:

Susan~ You mean Bob Ross? I love him! He was the one who got me started painting...my favorite thing! Now I have landscape murals all over my kitchen! LOL

Remelting Bear Claws from Fragrant Memories in the FR...so wonderful!! And a remelt of Home from Front Porch in the LR.

Cinnabuns from the Mall from Bella's in the K

Really impressed with the Fragrant Memories and will be ordering again...Thanks for the recommendation Slpit and Anjoymom!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! :oops: