The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Melting Spiced Grapefruit from Scentsy. I can detect just a faint hint of pine in this. It compliments the grapefruit and spices very nicely.

I bet I would love that spiced grapefruit! [smilie=th_00000020]

Currently at home it's YC autumn leaves (strong and a favorite), and at school it's Southern Star creme brulee (strong and yummy)!

[smilie=th_bb20]

Good afternoon everyone!

Its a dreary, rainy day here, can't wait to go home and relax.

Ok, I do remember what I melted last night, but I'm not so sure of the name, there was one from CFTKR Tulip something or other, nice scent, but not strong enough for me, and a Kohls YC Simply Home, Bay Window, now that is one fresh, strong, beautiful scent.

Maurie, hope you feel better friend, ordering on line will soooo make you feel better!

I ordered yesterday from SSS, and I have an order ready for Haley's, now I'm just waiting a bit for maybe a sale from Can-Do, Blue Gecko or CFTKR.

Have a great day all!

Good Afternoon everyone. It is a lovely warm day here in south Missouri. Wish it could last forever. I hit some of the Christmas open houses today that our town hosts every year. They last for three days and are a lot of fun. I did some damage at Huckleberry Layne and now have on her Blueberry Muffins. This is one scent that really lives up to its name. You would swear I was baking. Love it. Also have a small Slatkin Ginger Vanilla candle on a warmer. My family doesn't like this one but I do and I have it where it won't bother them but I can still enjoy it. Have a great rest of the day.

Recent melts:

Southern Star honey almond (moderate)

CYS chai cream cake (weak)

NeNe's cozy kitchen (ok, but lasted less than an hour)

Can-Do starbucks (strong)

Can-Do hauted house (moderate)

YC fall festival (strong)

YC buttercream (weak)

YC mulling spices (moderate) :lol:

trep, I love that Ginger Vanilla too! I am dying to try HL, but I will have to wait until after the holidays. No more wax for me in 2009...I probably have enough to last through 2010 as well! :lol: [smilie=th_c2e41937]

It's been a beautiful afternoon here in SE Michigan....sunny and around 55 degrees. The boys were off school and they are outside with the neighborhood boys playing flag football. It's fun to watch.

I was in the mood for something balsam-y, so I am melting Snow Covered Pines from Can-Do. This was a left over from last year and it still packs quite a punch! tree13.gif

good afternoon all. I went for groceries and found the caramel apple! I did take a slurp of it and I do love it. I like that it is not too sweet and the apple is not overpowering.(I wondered how that would be in coffee). I also bought an Italian Cream. I love that one too. has a hint of coconut or something but very creamy. not really vanilla but just sweet cream.

melting Gingerberry Wreath from CCCC. I love this scent; hard to describe really. almost smells like it has sprite soda fizz or something. It smells like something I've smelled before but can't put my finger on it. doesn't that drive you nuts?

I did that last night with a clamshell I got for the bath from GG.Sister Mary Frances. couldn't put my finger on it but reminded me of something from the past. I sniffed and snuffed, and thought and thunked and finally it dawned on me-remember Lux and Camay soap from years and years ago? yep. clean soapy smell like that.

ok, I'm blathering. have a good eve. beautiful here. waiting for laundry then to take dogs for walk. Had an ear doc appt. today and I can finally hear!

Good Afternoon ladies. I finally placed an order with Crosscreek and man you ladies were right on! She is wonderful. Today is Jack Frost and I am in love! :lol: It blows all the other vendors versions of this out of the water. I cannot wait to try my others. I only wish I had tried her sooner.

Susan, it sounds like you've got a coffee and melt party going on there. I found the Caramel Apple creamer yesterday too. I think a late afternoon cuppa is in order. I can't wait to try it.

I enjoyed Can-do Orange Blossom Magnolia all day. I just switched out to:

Busy Bee - Pink Sugar Cookies and maybe something else too - haven't decided what yet.

Happy Friday everybody.

:lol:

Mmmm - Caramelized Pear Tartlette sounds really good.

Tunisian, I enjoyed the Sister Mary Frances scent from GG. Very nice and clean.

Oatmeal Raisin Cream Cookies - LOL. A favorite.

Banana Nut Bread - Melissa's Primitive Wicks

Mulberry - Abundascents

New England Autumn - LOL. New one for me that's just starting. The cold sniff was delicious, though!

I'm just melting Can-Do Mandarin Spice. I'm about to get into bed and watch a movie and I'm too sleepy to burn any candles!

:lol: I WON THE 10oz Candle from Southern Star Scents!!!! I am SOOOO Happy! What a treat! Picked the Granny's Lemon Noel....sounds like a winner!

Melting Aunt Carol's Crumb Cake from CanDo(nice and strong) and Vanilla Sugar Crisp from Nene (too light)....re lit the Midnight Pomegranate from CD and I think I need some candles....Granny"s Kitchen from Country Button.

Snuggling up with the twins and my DS to watch "Up". Have a great night.

:lol:

Outstanding, MaggieMae!!! It is so darned FUN to WIN!

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

Enjoy!

Gail

Thanks so much Gail! I am very excited!!! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Good pick, Maggie! That would have been my choice, too!

I have been watching Paula Deen make her gooey butter cakes...time to swap out the current melts (Norman's Blackberry , Sage and Tea and Dark's Bonfire) for something with lots of calories. :lol:

That sounds like a good scent choice, Maggie. Enjoy!

Pistachio Pudding - SH. A favorite.

Jingleberry - CHC

Black Currant & Nectarine - Crazy for Candles

Fresh Baked Bread - Abby Road

Buttercream Frosting - Melissa's Primitive Wicks

Country Baked Bread - AMS

Unknown from Abby Road - the label is unreadable