The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Another beautiful day in SC...at school it's YC autumn fruit (strong). At home it's GHBT wildflowers in two melters...very strong. Also melting Haley's apple jack (strong)

Jason...good luck on your new job!

Happy Monday morning! [smilie=th_blij51]

Jason, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new job in spite of those non-scent addicts around you. :lol:

After Katz posted yesterday about BG's Country Cottage being so divine, I had to give it a go this morning. Katz is right! Follow her advice at all times, people! :shock: (Thanks for the review, Katz!)

This is one terrific fragrance, especially for autumn! :lol: Unlike my faux pas with Harvest Moon, I was on the money picking out all the elements here. I'm so proud of my nose! Apple, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg combined with wood floors. Fab-yoo-lus! It reminds me a lot of Can-Do's Mimi's House. Well, except we aren't told exactly whose Country Cottage this is, so it'll take days of Googling to track down where it's located. Plenty of time to make plane reservations for the group. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Gail

Good Monday Morning All!

I just realized that I purchased one of LOL's just announced new scents, Strawberry Bavarian Crème, on my trip, so I just put it on so I can review later today. First few moments melting and it has good promise I think. I will come back later.

I'm burning Slatkin's Vanilla Shortbread again. I have really enjoyed this candle.

I did my part helping to boost the economy this morning. I hit Publix, Target, Hobby Lobby and Tuesday Morning. On the way home I stopped to get a veggie plate(and red velvet cake) to bring home for lunch. I didn't buy any candles/tarts today but I did buy some pretty fall holiday decor.

Just switched out the melter to Island Guava from Yankee--love this one. Also have on Yankee candles in Christmas Cupcake, Buttercream and one I got at Marshall's that I thought would smell like Christmas Cookie but is somewhat different--really good however and the label is so pretty--stockings hanging on a mantle. Very festive.

I'm burning Slatkin's Vanilla Shortbread again. I have really enjoyed this candle.

I did my part helping to boost the economy this morning. I hit Publix, Target, Hobby Lobby and Tuesday Morning. On the way home I stopped to get a veggie plate(and red velvet cake) to bring home for lunch. I didn't buy any candles/tarts today but I did buy some pretty fall holiday decor.

Olive, you didn't find any candles at Hobby Lobby? I just came back from therre and bought four 6 in pillars for $.87 a piece. They are supposeded to be scented, but what the heck. For that price i will just enjoy the ambiance anyway even if the scent isn't strong. I also got a pretty pillar holder that was "fall" and also 80% off, but it is gold glass with a sunflower, and my kitchen wallpaper has sunflowers, so it will be great all year round. Wow, no one loves a bargain more than I do! b *LOL*

And on the LOL - Strawberry Bavarian Creme I started earlier today, I would say a very good scent. The strawberry is definitely mixed with the creme for a smoother scent. For me, it is only medium strong, but you have to remember I love things nose hair crinkling strong, so I think most of you would consider this strong.

I'm at karate with dd right now but I put Carol's Harvest Days on before we left. I can't wait to get home.

Aria~ Yep...I remember Toonces and everytime I look at Jules avatar...I crack up!

Jason~ Isn't it sad how many people have a scent phobia??? It's so disturbing! Maybe you WILL convert them all!

Had Pumpkin Pie (Country Home Scents) going all day while I was a work...came home to a lovely scent.

Just switched to Cheryl's Spiced Pumpkin Nectar and it's pretty nice....we'll see.

wow, splt. good night to have a melting party with the snow and cold weather.

mamalana, what good buys! I feel so proud when I find great bargains, don't you? I always remember how much I paid and where I got a bargain too...even years later. those things make an impression.

melting Nene's cookie jar. mmm, so good. slightly like Carol's bear claw which as you all know....:lol:

have a good eve all. can't wait to watch the semi-finals of Dancing with the STars and enjoy a cup of coffee with these creamers that I never liked that you all have me hooked on! LOL they need to make more of them sugar free. I did see hazelnut in the big bottle of Coffeemate that was either fat or sugarfree(can't remember). also the french vanilla but sadly, those are two I don't care for.

Late afternoon melts are Autumn Fruit from YC in the living room and CYS Peppermint Cream Chai in the mudroom....

I'll be taking my oldest DS to karate (hello-chick.gifLLVV!) in a little while....hope to browse through a new IKEA catalog I got in the mail.

Happy melting! cow.gif

Recent melts:

Busy Bee orange danish (doubled up...weak)

GHBT autumn woods (moderate)

EW Thanksgiving cheer (moderate)

Dealing with nasty post-nasal drip and fatigue :lol: :lol:

Hope you feel better soon, Dabba.

Right now:

Louisiana King Cake, CHC. First time melting this in the new wax. Love this scent, but it does smell a bit different.

Amber Blush, LOL. This is a pretty scent.

Margaritaville, SH. Ooh a little too much tart.

Mango Madness, WnS

Raspberry Lemonade, WnS

Riced Crispy Treats, AMS. Not smelling much.

I'm not crazy about either of the WnS scents, but the good news is that these are really, really old melts and are still throwing well.

Greetings Everyone!

I'm melting Carol's Pumpkin Apple Butter tonight and burning YC's Cranberry Chutney.

Aria, what color belt is your DS? How long has he been doing it for? DD just completed her first year. She's testing for her yellow belt next month and is super excited about it.