The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Feast of Fragrances

This evening's scents are:

Candles:

Autumn Fruit-YC

Harvest-YC

Fall Festival-YC

Tarts:

Autumn Pear-Spring Street Candle

Aunt Purdee's Pumpkin Bread-Can-Do

Rats, Maggie! What a disappointment.

I have My Wish from Scentsy melting. I only used one cube, but I think with this scent, 2 would have been better.

I'm melting Candle Dippers Sugar Plum Berry. It's one of my top faves and is strong and holiday festive! Now, I ask ya. What could be better? [smilie=th_pardon]

Have a lovely day, everybody!

Gail

It's one of my top faves and is strong and holiday festive! Now, I ask ya. What could be better?

Nuttin' !!!! ;)

Thanks Debra...Northern Lights said it's the same fragrance in a different wax... [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Not even close. She said they only make that candle for Marshalls/TJ Maxx/HomeGoods. [smilie=th_sign0164] I know it usually doesn't work too well when you chop a candle up to melt but it did pretty well when I chopped up the last of my $3 candle in this scent...I think I'm going to buy a couple or ten. :)

This morning it's:

Frosted French Toast Cupcake from County Line

My Sugar Cookie melts from NA were hardened this morning but they had bumps all over them and they didn't just pop out of the melter... [smilie=th_scratch] I wonder what's going on? But it did smell wonderful!

I have a random mix of scents going today -- melting CYS Hot Couture (freebie) and burning YC Dune Grass and CBV Neptune's Oasis. They are blending better than I would have expected. Once again, nice to have a break from the fall scents.

Yesterday I melted LSC Pink Cloud. Man oh man, was this one PINK. Loved it. (although I have had it with the gunky, disintegrating containers! glad Pam has fixed that and look forward to it in my next order)

Hey you guys, guess what?!? Glassybaby is doing a rare special event in Richmond tonight! That's driving distance from where I live! DH and I are taking off after work and going to see it! I might come home with a bunch of Glassybabies!!! Since they are only in Seattle and New York I have always had no choice but to order online and just see what comes in the mail. I have ALWAYS wondered if my choices would be any different if I could see them in person. NOW I CAN and I am about jumping out of my skin with excitement!!!!! :)

If I can take a few photos without looking like a total groupie dork, I will take some and post p0rn over the weekend.

[smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

This afternoon's melt is Crosscreek Apple Berry Crumble--it was a freebie and doesn't smell at all like I thought it would but it is very good.

Nancy, are you getting back into tarts? Didn't you stop melting them for a while?

Today I've been burning YC Autumn Leaves and YC Nature's Paintbrush, but no tarts until later this evening.

Hi everyone. This is what I have been melting and burning this week.

Melting: Citrus Crush by Crosscreek

Melting: Cranberry Orange & Spice by K's

Melting: Monkey Munch by CandleDippers

Burning: French Market votive by Tyler finishing up

Burning: Apple Vanilla votive by Root

Hey you guys, guess what?!? Glassybaby is doing a rare special event in Richmond tonight! That's driving distance from where I live! DH and I are taking off after work and going to see it! I might come home with a bunch of Glassybabies!!! Since they are only in Seattle and New York I have always had no choice but to order online and just see what comes in the mail. I have ALWAYS wondered if my choices would be any different if I could see them in person. NOW I CAN and I am about jumping out of my skin with excitement!!!!! :)

If I can take a few photos without looking like a total groupie dork, I will take some and post p0rn over the weekend.

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack Christy...What are the odds of that??? Have lots of fun and I can't wait to see your pics!!!

Changed the melts to:

Nellie's Acres Santa's Pipe....love the smell of a pipe!

[smilie=th_sad2hz1] Well...my Pumpkin Spice jar of melts arrived today and it stinks...bad. I am so picky with my pumpkin and a lot of them smell kinda musty. Blah. :mad: This is one of those. I wonder why they got rid of the yummy other one? I already wrote them an email and I am awaiting a reply.

Northern Lights said it's the same fragrance in a different wax... [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Not even close.

My Sugar Cookie melts from NA were hardened this morning but they had bumps all over them and they didn't just pop out of the melter... [smilie=th_scratch] I wonder what's going on? But it did smell wonderful!

MaggieMae - After all that detective work..how disappointing the pumpkin tarts don't smell like the candle! [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

I've had some palm wax that I thought wasn't going to come out of the melting dish, but it was just being stubborn. Did you try giving it an extra hard nudge?

Glassybaby is doing a rare special event in Richmond tonight! That's driving distance from where I live! DH and I are taking off after work and going to see it!

Christy - [smilie=th_aa20] how cool is that! It's like they know how much you luv em and came to your area just 4 U!

I'm melting Nene's Nutmeg & Ginger. Luv this scent! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

MaggieMae - After all that detective work..how disappointing the pumpkin tarts don't smell like the candle!

I know...it's crummy. I suppose I have to hand back my Sherlock hat now. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

I've had some palm wax that I thought wasn't going to come out of the melting dish, but it was just being stubborn. Did you try giving it an extra hard nudge?

Yep Sweet...it finally popped out after I scraped around the edges. I think that the little cookies in the tart were paraffin and when it all melted together they didn't mix all that well with the palm...That's my guess. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Added Backroad Hobbies Caramel Vanilla Zucchini Bread...yum.

Tonight's scents are Pumpkin Bread Puddin'-Can-Do (freakin' amazing!) and Vanilla Pumpkin-Can-Do (yummy too!) Also burning YC jars of Apple Pumpkin, Autumn Fruit and Be Thankful.

Hey everyone! It was mild the last few days, but we lots of rain - over it :lol: So dreary - hate driving in rain too - especially at night. The temp went waaaay down while I was at work tonite - boo!!

Melts the last few days were: Orchid Lake Cedarwood Vanilla, Orchid Lake Havana Nights (love this one), Dream Tarts David's Blend (Evergreen, Wild Tobacco and Cloves), LOL Love Shack Lilac, LOL Jack Frost, and LOL Pink Christmas Trees (my beloved fave!).

Tonite:

Crosscreek Honey Patchouli in the living room (my other beloved fave :lol:)

Shayz Pink Linen Sheets in the bathroom

TDC Rattlesnake Grass in the bedroom

Sleep well everyone, and have a great Friday!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Laurie~ [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Horray for Haleys!

Sheila~ David's Blend sounds wonderful! Adding it to my list...

Today it's:

Luna Bleu Citron Pumpkin Sugar

OMG Orange Dream Cheesecake

Cozy Cottage Southern Tea Cakes

All smellin' yummy! :)

Have a great one!

Well folks, I have no photos from last night's Glassybaby event because it was kind of a bust. They were there and I got to see some, but I was hoping to see a larger color selection and a more obvious display. It's not worth spending the money on something like that unless it is just what you want, and I had 4-5 different colors I was interested in seeing, and none of them were there. Plus DH had kind of a bad attitude and was totally bored and made NO attempt to be even remotely interested in anything. He just stood there and stared at me with "WHEN CAN WE LEAVE" stamped on his forehead. So that made it a lot less fun for me, and I got frustrated with him.

The one good thing is that I got a chance to talk to the store owner. She said they might be able to get shipments of specific colors in the future, plus she was hoping they might be able to permanently carry them in the store, which would be awesome.

So far today is just a remelt of yesterday. I have a kitty in my lap so I can't light candles just yet.

Plus DH had kind of a bad attitude and was totally bored and made NO attempt to be even remotely interested in anything. He just stood there and stared at me with "WHEN CAN WE LEAVE" stamped on his forehead. So that made it a lot less fun for me, and I got frustrated with him.

My DH would be the same way...too bad you had to take him with you instead of someone who would have made it more fun for you.

Today's melts are

CFTKR Vanilla Bean Noel Fluff

CFTKR Mexican Fried Ice Cream

Went with the less obnoxious scents today because my daughter isn't feeling well.

For the rest of the day it is Orchard Pear from Yankee. I was at Yankee today and got three tarts in the new spring scents. I got Pink Blush, Meyer Lemon and Meadow Showers. I don't know if I will really like any of them but they were the only three that remotely interested me. Guess we will see.