The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

It's a rainy day here!

rain_rain_rain.jpg

This morning I started with Ylang Ylang from Perfect Scents (something I scrounged from the waxtaster box I got), and it smelled somewhat at first, but quickly died. I didn't change it out until around noon, and when I did, I found that it had caused black burn circle in the tart burner. Weird! Has this ever happened to anyone?

[smilie=th_scratch]

After I got the burn scrubbed off, I threw in Lavender Mist from Kristin's Kandles

My son picked out Gain Original from Cozy Cottage for his room

I put 2 cute little seashells of Seaside Cotton from Candle Confections in my bathroom (doesn't seem highly scented, I may have to throw in another)

Cucumber Melon & Aloe from OMG in my room

My dogs are looking at me like "make it stop raining so we can go out".

dark-grey-dog-emoticon-4.gif

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Hi all, For some reason, I hadn't melted much in the past few days, so today I put CYS Violet Marshmallow Cream on. It has a great throw, much better than the average CYS scent. I'm not sure the scent itself is for me, but the throw is spot on.

I am melting CFTKR Chris' Apple Bread and another CFTKR Country Bumpkin.

Still sweating here in Texas. Down to 94 degrees today, though. I honestly question why we don't live elsewhere!

Hi everyone. This is what I have been melting and burning: Vanilla Fig by Candle Dippers

Water Garden by YC

Burning: Spiced Cider by BBW

Cranberry Chutney by Woodwick

Limelight by Tyler

Good early evening still melting Spiced Orange by Delightful Incense

and vanilla buttercream cinnabons from moneypenny both smell great

have a great evening all.

Sweet...here I am again, wanting more info about what you are melting! Maybe you should just double order and send one this way???? [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Tell me about the Fluff?!

Debra - it's zucchini bread mixed with sweet marshmallow, a little sugar & sweet cream and is darn yummy! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] If U like ZB scents, I'll be happy to send U a sampler of some. [smilie=yes] I got Carol's Sugar Cookie Fluff, too and it's very sweeeeeeeet! U don't like bakery much, tho - right? [smilie=th_scratch]

I found that it had caused black burn circle in the tart burner. Weird! Has this ever happened to anyone?

Laurie - that's happened to me quite a few times, usually when it's a melt with spice in it. Comes right off with soap, tho.

I'm melting CFTKR's Autumn. From the name, I thought it would have more of a 'leaf' scent to it, but, for me, it's predominantly a citrus scent. It's good, but, to me autumn doesn't = citrus. [smilie=th_cha69] I stopped in my local craft store & of course checked out the candles. [smilie=th_cha40] Got a small 3oz jar in Gingerbread Cookie by Old Williamsburg Candle and just started to burn it. It was only $1, so if it's good, I'll go back for the larger $5.00 jar - can't beat that price! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Turned off all the melters while I was making Chili...

chili + orange = [smilie=th_gagme]

They are back on again and smelling good...

Added Dream Tarts Water Lily & Jasmine upstairs...beautiful! :)

I have a Zucchini Fluff pie from WAHM...thinking I might melt that tomorrow...you guys got me [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] for some ZFluff!!!

Oats and Honey from Scentsy this evening. Cozy, comforting smell. Reminds me a bowl of Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal!

FortuneTeller.gif Hi there friends...just a quickie...I've been sick since yesterday. Started out with sore throat and now my nose is all stuffed up. I feel gross. Haven't been melting or burning anything much since I am having trouble smelling anything.

Aria - You think so? I really like that BH&G scent, but thought I smelled some pumpkin. [smilie=th_confused3] Donna doesn't have a scent description up for it, but I'll sure try it when I order again.

I'm melting CFTKR's Zucchini Fluff. Heavenly! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I don't think I've met a ZB scent from Carol that I haven't liked. [smilie=th_sign0162]

sweet, it's the same scent girl...a few vendors offer it. I've also had the same scent from Almost Country...I think hers is called Cinnamon Donuts. Pretty sure I've had the same scent from Nene's too. I love it. ZB Fluff sounds amazing.

Hi Aria! How does McCall's version of Autumn Leaves compare to YC's? Are they similar or completely different?

Jason, hi there friend...the two scents are completely different. I actually love both of them a lot. McCall's is more of a spicy, leafy, nutty scent. It's very unique.

I'm celebrating Happy Hobbit Day (yes, there really is such a thing :lol: ) today by melting one of my all time man-I-love-this-soooo-much scents, Coco Mint Frost from Can-Do. :hearts_tr:

Gail

Happy Hobbit Day to you too Gail! Silly girl.

Maggie, I made chili a few nights ago too. In general, I turn off all melters when I am cooking something that has a strong smell.

Okay, I am off to bed...being sick rots...sick0026.gif

Sweet, you are very thoughtful! Thanks, but what I need to do is take notes of what you are melting and start ordering! And yep, not much of a bakery person...but for some reason I have a hankering for some of those you have melting!

I am away from home and so no melties here. Darn it.

I'm melting Kim's "Kitchen Spice" throughout the house. These are the tarts that were destroyed in shipping - the whole bag was just about crumbled, so I'm trying to use it up. I love the scent, and will order more soon!

Aria -

00003.gif

Jedda - bummer about the Kim's tarts being mushed up like that. I will remember not to order that many at one time - and you missed out on freebies too - boo!

Is today the first day of Autumn? I'm hoping so -

Happyautumn.gif

Starting out the day here with Atomic Fireball Cinnamon from Distinctly Pink. I had gotten this one for DS room, he loves the hot cinnamons, but having such a hard time melting these, I don't think they'd go well in his lower temp melter. Not crazy about the throw either, I was hoping to get Atomic Fireballed! lol

Have a great day, All

[smilie=th_316785e4] Good morning i am starting my day off with Mom's Lemon Meringue Pie from Shayz. I love her stuff everything lasts all day. Happy Friday and have a great day all.

Jedda - bummer about the Kim's tarts being mushed up like that. I will remember not to order that many at one time - and you missed out on freebies too - boo!

I think I'll just order more next time, in order to guarantee a larger box. My last order was the same size - 8 of her 3-packs, and it came in a slightly larger regular box (not flat rate) with tissue and wadded paper (and samples!) No damage last time. All I can think of was that she was trying to get it here quickly for the same price as regular shipping. If so, I appreciate it, because nothing melted.

At least her stuff smells great. I don't use tarts for decoration, so appearance doean't really matter, but this particular pack is hard to store. It's all crumbly, and the bag ripped, so I'm just going to have to melt it up!

I moved all of the "Kitchen Spice" to the big melter in the kitchen (ha ha!) and put on another Haley's "Pink Marshmallow Madness" in the living room melter. This one is just great. Very strong, and throws like crazy for hours.

I'm also rooting around for a something to melt in my son's room. He has friends coming over to hang out in a bit, so I'm trying to get the weird "sports equipment" smell outta there. It smells like plastic, or rubber. Grab a tennis ball and give it a whiff - that's what his room smells like.

He's requested something that smells like "grass, or trees, or you know, whatever" so I'm going to have to give it some thought.

I think I'll just order more next time, in order to guarantee a larger box. My last order was the same size - 8 of her 3-packs, and it came in a slightly larger regular box (not flat rate) with tissue and wadded paper (and samples!) No damage last time

Hey Jedda, just curious - when you order from Kim's do you get it from her regular website or the etsy (I think it's etsy) site that includes the shipping?

Hi there friends...just a quickie...I've been sick since yesterday. Started out with sore throat and now my nose is all stuffed up. I feel gross. Haven't been melting or burning anything much since I am having trouble smelling anything.

Aria~ Feel better friend! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] And try to get some rest! [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] Do you think it could be allergies? Everyone around here are suffering terribly.

Welp, I put on WAHM's Zucchini Fluff and [smilie=th_dancing_smile] it sure is yummy! It's going onto the Carol list!

Happy Friday!!! :)

Aria, get better quick! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Today I'm melting my absolutely favorite vanilla, LSC Vanilla Voo Doo. If I'm not careful I could easily hyperventilate on this one. No, really. I actually could!

Gail - sniff, sniff, inhale deeeeeply, sniff, sniff again... [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Hey Jedda, just curious - when you order from Kim's do you get it from her regular website or the etsy (I think it's etsy) site that includes the shipping?

I used her ecrater site. Someone on here gave me the link a long time ago, and when I first ordered from her I thought that was her only site. This was right after she stopped selling on ebay.

I haven't used the regular site yet, but I would consider it in the future if I made a big purchase. The ecrater page has products with the shipping included in the individual prices. Her other site is 25¢ less per item, with flat rate shipping (I think it is $5.95, or close to that.)

I added it up when I ordered, and the ecrater store saved me around $3, so I ordered there. If she prefers people order from one site or the other, I wish she'd just have one store, you know? I'm gonna be honest, I'll take the less expensive option every time.