The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

I'm melting Kim's 'Grammie's Apple Butter' and it is just starting to throw. I'm excited for this scent!

How's this for odd? This tart is actually a totally delicious apple-cinnamon-bakery scent. I was expecting straight-up tart apples and heavy cinnamon, since that would be a more traditional apple butter scent.

Once it got melting, I picked up a mix of sweet apples, cinnamon, and sweet vanilla cake. She should change the name to "Grammie's Apple Butter Pound Cake"! It is delicious!

My afternoon melt was CFTKR's Chris' Apple Bread. The bread (sweet, not yeasty) and the apples (no spice) smelled very authentic. I like a little more spice to my apples, tho, so I don't see a large bag of this in my future. [smilie=th_sign0164] I'm ending the day with McCalls Country Store candle. I never tire of this scent - luv it! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Have a good evening everyone! [smilie=th_goodnight]

I have my own Buttered Rum in Kitchen. My own Sweet Pea & Vanilla in Kids/Guest Bathroom & my own Lavendar Vanilla in Master Bedroom

You make your own tarts!? That's cool. I've always wanted to try making tarts, but it seems like a lot of work. Do you do it as a hobby, or do you also sell your wares?

DH and I just got back from Red Lobster. We had the endless shrimp and I'm sooo full. Now we're getting ready to hit the gym. Lol I finally found a Wal-Mart that has some of the new Better Home and Garden scents so I got Warm Autumn Welcome and have been melting it all day. It's nice and strong. Smells autumn-y. :D

Aria...glad your sniffer is back in order!!! LOL [smilie=th_hema1]

Sweet...That sounds like a great idea about the pumpkin waffles ! I'll email them too...maybe the more requests they get, the better chance![smilie=th_yahoo]

Jedda...That Apple Butter sounds yummy!!!

Tonight:

Melting~

BH Maple Sugar Zucchini Bread...great! (I made a discovery with my BH tarts...the ones that have a weird smell are actually stuck to the cups...I have to peel them off. I found a bunch in apple scents that fall right out of the container and they smell [smilie=th_cc15] ....I think the yucky ones are old.)

Auntie Di's Pumpkin Pasties

Auntie Di's Pumpkin Juice

Burning:

An Embers Candle in Pumpkin Spice...on cold sniff it smelled like an orchard's bakery...pumpkin, sugar, apples & donuts...sadly, the throw when lit is not happening, yet.

Maggie, I don't know exactly where WnS went - one minute they merged, then poof! Maybe someone out there knows?

Tonight I am burning a strawberry cupcake candle from Cheryl's and CD Pear Blossom.

Hi everyone!! Catching up on the DVR before bed, and then it's errand-o-rama tomorrow as usual :lol:

Hi Gail! Yes, it's gross here - just checked - 96% humidity. If the sun was out that's one thing, but it's been cloudy, damp and showery for DAYS. Gonna be like this until Thursday, and BAM - the temps hit the 60's during the day. Fun Fall here so far ;)

I checked the Lush Forum re: WnS, and someone said she got a new job and needed time to get acclimated - this was in June. No idea if she'll resurface :blink:

Tonite's melts:

Cheryl's Santa's Pipe in the living room. They're coming to light the heater pilots in morning, and I want this place to smell gooooood for them :lol:

Cheryl's Autumn Lodge in the bathroom

Tara's Chubba Dubba in the bedroom - lemony fresh!

Have a nice Monday, all! :)

Still melting Kim's 'Grammie's Apple Butter' in the living room, but I've noticed that the apple scent has died down. I don't want to waste the yummy cinnamon bakery notes that are still hanging around, so I added a cube of Scentsationals 'Crispy Apples' to the warmer. Smells great!

I've got a million things to get done before it rains later today, so I'll have to change out the warmers when I get home.

Good Morning i am melting Apple and Pumpkin Strudel from Ye Olde Candle Cubbard and Coffee Cake and Spice from Beezy-Tarts. Have a great day all

Ani_autumnmorn.gif

Autumn Leaves from Tomslighthouse didn't throw to fill the room either, maybe it was me yesterday. I replaced it this morning with Pumpkin Souffle from Crabby Candle and I can smell it already (barely melted). It's a little *foody* for my liking, but I'm planning to make some pear butter this morning, so hopefully the smells will play nice.

Pumpkin Lemon Spice from Front Porch is STILL goin' on in my bedroom - the bakery kinda note I detected burned away, and now it's just nicey spicey.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

[edit] hey does anyone know if Crosscreek has any sales coming up? I saw another thread about them and now I want some of her fall goodies!

This morning's scents are CFTKR OMG Cake, Absolutely Fabulous Cake (haha, I always think of the show when I see that name :tongue:) and Pumpkin Mashmallow.

86722.gif Good morning...it's raining here today.

I have a melter going with Mexican Fried Ice Cream from FP...smells yummy. I also have a votive burning...Cinnamon Stick from Scentsible Scents. Might light another candle or two soon since it's so dreary out.

Aria: I'm glad you can smell again and Autumn Leaves sounds like a perfect scent. I need to get some dups of this from other places.

This afternoon I am melting CHC bamboo cabin. It's been raining all day and DS sent a text that they got back to Philly area safe and sound.

katz, I love YC Autumn Leaves. I've tried many "autumn leaves" and "falling leaves" type scents from quite a few vendors and have yet to smell one that is a dupe of YC. It's truly one-of-a-kind. Glad to hear that your DS got back okay.

sweet, I ordered Chris' Apple Bread from Carol too...I got a 4 oz bag, but have not melted it yet. Now I am curious....

hearyehearye.gifJust wondering if anyone has ever tried Thompson's Candle Co. ...I am fascinated with the frosted pillars. They also have jars and melts too. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Everyone have a great day...see you all later luvthisplace.gif

Melting BH&G Country Kettle Corn @ work this morning...and i am absolutely in love with this scent! I wish they would get more of this scent in at my Walmart...they sold out of this scent quickly!! Love it!

I'm totally on the YC Autumn Leaves bandwagon...burned it yesterday and probably the day before.

Today I'm melting LSC Cinnamon Roll w/Butter Cream Frosting. But I'm going out this afternoon, so will have to turn the melter off soon. The bakery smell makes me want something sweet!

This past weekend was a great one for my fantasy football teams...in one league I am 2-1 and in the other, 3-0.

I have my own Baked Apples going in the Dining Room but I just made tarts, so I also smell Vanilla Bliss, Turtle Brownies, Vanilla Buttercream Crunch, White Cake, Birthday Cake, April Fresh Downy & more Baked Apples......those are all the scents I made. My daughter's birthday is Friday & we're having a Weiner Roast Saturday so I had to make Birthday Cake tarts to have melting that day [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Changed out the family room melter to Spiced Cranberry from Kristin's Kandles - very nice!

And changed my room to Pink Sugared Cherries from Nene's, also quite nice.

Pumpkin Souffle is starting to fade which is probably a good thing, I've got a housefull of bakery-scent haters and I heard a few grumblings this morning.

Anyone know of any good pumpkin scents WITHOUT the bakery note?

ani-flwrs-pmpkn.gif