The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

Lovescent - I've been curious about that, probably cuz it has 'colonial' in the name and to me colonial=old timey, which I like. What's it smell like? [smilie=th_confused3]

It's very much hickory smoke and not much else (at least I think it's hickory. I live in an area that has no hickory, so don't know how it smells naturally). My husband and I happen to love it. :)

Yesterday's scents were CFTKR Gingerbread Coffee Latte and Sweet Cider & Pumpkins. Whoever asked if the pumpkin is present, it is. :)

This morning's scents are CFTKR White Cake and Sugar Corn Pudding.

My son is annoyed that he smells like candles every day. huh.gif

There are worse things!

LOL

Like I saw the animal hoarders show and the son of the crazy cat collector went in smelling like . . . . ack!

Hello [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

This late afternoon it's Keylime Noel from Fragrant Memories. [smilie=cloud_9]

I do believe there is something wrong with my last order from BH. Almost all of the tarts have a "fuelish" smell that overpowers the fragrance... [smilie=th_cry2yw3] It happened with a bunch of them but I figured it might be a particular note. Since Jedda had a great experience with the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, something must be wrong with mine. I am assuming that is not the norm for this company...this really stinks. Bad. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Have a good one. :)

My California Girls melt from this morning, not only had problems melting in the beginning, but it didn't have a huge throw at all. This is my first order from that vendor (Distinctly Pink) and it's not looking good.

Late afternoon melt for me is Clementine Daisy from LSC.

Cheyenne Summer from Soy Vey (Grazia) is in my bathroom, and the rest still need attention.

Getting ready to go to DS class Open House.

Have a good evening!

[smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Good evening i hate it when we get our orders and they are not good

i guess its how we learn. This evening i am melting pink dreams from shayz and i have to say it is very good [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Hope you all have a great evening i just hope it cools down soon its 92 now.

It has been a busy weekend around here. We had Parent's Weekend at DD's college. It was very nice. We went to eat last night with DD's friends and their parents and had the Senior Breakfast this morning. We also had a family picnic this afternoon.

Michele - sounds like you had such a fun weekend! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Is this your youngest child that's almost finished with college?

My son is annoyed that he smells like candles every day.

There are worse things! LOL

Laurie - [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] that's the first thing I thought, too! :D

I do believe there is something wrong with my last order from BH. Almost all of the tarts have a "fuelish" smell that overpowers the fragrance... [smilie=th_cry2yw3] It happened with a bunch of them but I figured it might be a particular note. Since Jedda had a great experience with the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, something must be wrong with mine. I am assuming that is not the norm for this company...this really stinks. Bad. [smilie=th_sign0164]

MaggieMae - Maybe something went wonky with the wax. You should ask them about it. Hopefully, they'll offer to remake your order. [smilie=yes]

I'm melting Cheryl's Spiced Pumpkin Nectar & it's SO good! [smilie=th_200912104451]

MaggieMae - Maybe something went wonky with the wax. You should ask them about it. Hopefully, they'll offer to remake your order.

Sweet, I was thinking about doing that but I just checked and my order was from June...it's been awhile. It just takes me so long to get to all my tarts and since these were a bit weird to begin with I didn't pull them out before the others. [smilie=th_idontknow] I was wondering if anyone else had problems with BH?

Laurie, sorry to hear about your problems with DP...we're both in the same yucky boat! [smilie=th_hmph]

Bling Bling from CYS upstairs.

I was wondering if anyone else had problems with BH?

Is BH Backroad Hobbies? I tried them quite awhile ago and according to my notes, I didn't get enough with good throws to consider re-order.

HTH

Michele - sounds like you had such a fun weekend! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Is this your youngest child that's almost finished with college?

Yes this is my youngest child. She will graduate in May.

Melting Vanilla Bean & Boysenberry from my Crosscreek order. I didn't think these had to cure but IDK-I am not getting much of a throw on this one. Maybe its me but I have never had a problem with CCCC before.

Maggie, I'm sorry that you're having such a bad time with the Backroad Hobbies tarts. Mine are all pretty old - I haven't ordered from them since last spring. I had a few scents that were knock-out strong, a few that were fairly light, but most of them were average to slightly-above-average. I've only had a fuel scent with one, a lemon bakery blend (I forget which one it was.)

According to my notes, I would reorder about half of the scents that I've tried from them, but only if they were on sale.

Jules, I think scenting family members is one of the casualties of our hobby. People always ask what we shampoo our dog with at the dog park - because he always smells so good!! :blush:

Sweet, you have another good sounding tart going tonight! I have Autumn Harvest from Soyful Joys.. It is pretty strong and I am a-liking it! I could not find a description (but I suppose I missed it?) so I hunted on other sites and found it listed in a couple places with pumpkin, apples and nutmeg.

Hi everyone! Had a busy day running around doing errands - it's not really a day off, my friends :lol: Chilly again tonite, but not as bad as it has been.

Tonite's melts:

LOL Out On A Limb in the living room (Lush Olive Branch dupe - long time fave!)

Tara's Pink Creme Brulee Cookies in the bathroom. A freebie and once again not my thing, but I like putting bakery blends in the bathroom. Don't spend alot of time in there, so no big whoop :lol:

Orchid Lake Meadow Mist in the bedroom. Love it - in the same vein as Fresh Cut Grass - so nice.

Have a great rest of your night, and have a lovely Tuesday, everyone! [smilie=th_pardon]

Good morning everyone! I'm on a mission to use up some older waxies, so here's what is melting today:

Kitchen - 'Birthday Cake' from Kim's Tart Candles and an Apple Cinnamon candle from Glade

Living Room - 'Crispy Apples' from Scentsationals

Bathroom - 'Apple Mango Tango type' from Backroad Hobbies (crazy strong, so I'm only melting 1/4 of the tart)

Bedroom - 'Marshmallow Madness' from Haley's mixed with 'Sweet Orange' from Pink Flower Scents. Big thumbs up on this combo! :)

Good morning its a beautiful chilly 55 degrees only warming up to 88 i call that a perfect day [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Starting my day off melting pink pumpkins and pink dreams both from Shayz i love her stuff. Have a great day

TJ's Mom, that does sound like the perfect day! Can't wait 'til we get temps. like that! Enjoy. :)

We're still well into the 90's here, but I've transitioned to fall scents, anyway. Pumpkin Marshamllow from Scentsy today.

Good Morning!

Melting YC Cherry Berry Pie

YC Blueberry Muffin

Scentsationals Amaretto Rum

mpfand...how is the Pumpkin Marshmallow,I'm thinking of including it in my next scensty order!Sounds yummy!

Good Morning!

Starting off this gloomy rainy day with-

Backroad Hobbies Ooey Gooey Caramel Goodness

Tart Candles by Kim Snickerdoodle

Front Porch Maple Caramel Apple Cafe

These are smelling great together!