The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

It does have a bakery aspect to it, but it seems to be very balanced. I had it going in the bathroom and my husband commented that it smelled like lemon cupcakes in there if that gives you an idea. :)

Lovescent - [smilie=thank_you] It sounds good! On my list it goes.

Glad I made you girls chuckle. I say if we can't laugh, well heck, what good is life? And now this morning, there goes Miss Michele talkin' about old tarts again! [smilie=th_lol22]

Well now, what's with the winter gal hugs, eh? Gimme one too. :lol:

Puppy....Awwww...here ya go. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I think all the old farts tarts waxie buddies on here deserve a hug! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Can yall send some heavenly fall weather down here to break our 100 snap?

Lonegirl - I saw on TWC that TX will have a brief respite - temps only in the 80's tomorrow & Friday for U! [smilie=th_c61]

I'm melting my first Scentsy's tart, Autumn Sunset, and it's a winner! [smilie=snoopy] A little apple, a little pumpkin, fall leaves & spice. Yum! [smilie=th_cc15]

Good Evening tonight i am melting candy corn and country bake shop smells pretty sweet in here. Have a great evening all. Tomorrow its only suppose to be 68 then 89 fri sat and sunday i cant wait.

Good Evening, friends!

I don't have much to report today, it's been busy and I am beat.

I am trying to make a pattern for a "moonpie" stuffie toy for dogs (Greyhound Pets of America's Howliday celebration theme is going to be Mardi Gras and these are goodies for the participants) lol. whew! I can sew, but I am not talented in design. . .

anyhoo -

My only change in melter was

Fantasy Island by Things That Make Scents, it has mostly faded now, but it was pretty darn good!

[smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Have a good night, all!

Remelting BH&G 'Simmering Apple Cider' in the living room. What a knock-out scent!

Added:

Kitchen - 'Banana Nut Bread', Kim's Tart Candles

Bedroom - 'Pink Sugar Cookie', PFS

Hall & bathroom - 'Hawaiian Breeze', Haley's Heavenly Scents

and I've got 'Goodie Goodie Gumdrops' from CFTKR all ready to go in my son's room. I'll start it once he gets up.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning woke up to a chili 60 degrees [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr it feels wonderful

with this weather i can finally open my windows for the day

Starting my day melting my favorite Serendipity

Have a great day.

Sweet, that hug was so nice. Thanks![smilie=th_bighug-1]

Maggie, isn't LSC Vanilla Voo Doo something else? I like a lot of vanillas but this one is [smilie=th_fabulous1] and the best of 'em all, IMO. I can't believe Pam took it off her scent list because it wasn't selling well a year or so ago. [smilie=th_fear8]

I'm melting LSC Honey Vanilla Love Dust. The neighbors on all sides are enjoying it, if that tells you anything. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Gail

Maggie, isn't LSC Vanilla Voo Doo something else? I like a lot of vanillas but this one is [smilie=th_fabulous1] and the best of 'em all, IMO. I can't believe Pam took it off her scent list because it wasn't selling well a year or so ago.

[smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] ...it's not on the scent list anymore? [smilie=th_sad2hz1] ...so "my" luck!

Today it's:

Lemon Orange Pastry from FP

Orange Marmalade & Brown Sugar from FP

Lemon Noel Cookie from CCCC

Vanilla Voo Doo upstairs..... [smilie=th_cray]

I am trying to make a pattern for a "moonpie" stuffie toy for dogs (Greyhound Pets of America's Howliday celebration theme is going to be Mardi Gras and these are goodies for the participants) lol. whew! I can sew, but I am not talented in design. . .

A moonpie stuffed toy? How CUTE! I'm sure they will turn out th_fabulous1.gif

Good morning woke up to a chili 60 degrees [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr it feels wonderful

with this weather i can finally open my windows for the day

Starting my day melting my favorite Serendipity

Have a great day.

Oh, how I envy your fall temperatures. It'll be a couple more months until we see some cooler air down here. Enjoy it.

Today I'm burning candles and melting melts.

Candles by Victoria - Hello Dolly candle (love it - strong and good)

Orchid Lake - Cinnamon Toffee tealights

Spotted Hog - Happy as a Pig melts (awesomeness)

Gorgeous day here. The storms have passed and cooler, drier air moved in. Woke up to 63 degrees. I was able to open the windows for the first time in months. It's only a little tease of fall, though. We'll be back into the 90's by the week-end. I'm melting Vanilla Oak from Scentsy. I always forget how much I love this scent until I melt it.

[smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] ...it's not on the scent list anymore? [smilie=th_sad2hz1] ...so "my" luck!

Vanilla Voo Doo upstairs..... [smilie=th_cray]

Maggie, sorry I confused you. It IS indeed on the scent list, under Bakery & Sweet Shop. What I meant (but wasn't clear on) is that around a year or so ago, Pam took Vanilla Voo Doo off her scent, I guess because it wasn't a big seller. I asked her about it and she said she still had it so I ordered six more. Shortly thereafter I saw it back on her scent list. Maybe all my raves about it here helped increase sales. At least I like to think so. [smilie=th_pardon]

Every vanilla lover should try this one at least once. It's pure, authentic vanilla with no spice, no bakery, no extras at all. And it's not that artificial vanilla extract smell. It's the real deal.

Maggie, change your [smilie=th_sad2hz1] to :confettistars: because Vanilla Voo Doo isn't going anywhere, I hope! [smilie=th_a194]

Gail, still really enjoying LSC Honey Vanilla Love Dust, which has calmed down a bit now and is even more luscious.

[smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] OK Gail...now my brain officially "blew up" [smilie=th_a136] ...I was reading your post and thought... [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] "Hhmmmmm...only vanilla? Really?".....so I re-read our posts and it turns out that I am melting VooDooLove... [smilie=th_butbutbut] somehow we I got all confused [smilie=th_confused3] ....in any event, I love this scent because of the earthy quality so when you were talking straight up vanilla...I knew something was wacko! I think I need to come out of this anemic daze soon or I might loose myself! LOL But I do like Vanilla Voo Doo too! :)

Afternoon melts:

Apple Pie Ala Mode from FP

Apple Orchard from Soy Breeze

Vanilla Apples from CanDo...<3

Voo Doo Love...upstairs... ;)

Yes, the VooDoo Love is a really nice vanilla blend. I'm pretty picky about my vanilla scents. This week I have melted LSC-Rownan, TDC- Bergamot and Spice, Rugged Cowboy and Caramel Apple. I haven't been on this week, but hope y'all are doing well and life is good. It's suppose to get around 40 here tonight. I like the 70 degree temps for the day time with the sun a shining. Hopefully this weekend starting on painting our kitchen cabinets...I know it's going to be a very involved job, but this kitchen thing needs to get done..

Can I ask a question here? I love reading this thread because I get good scent ideas from you more experienced melters. I am assuming these are all tarts yall are burning...so to those of you who burn different scents throughout day, are you pouring it hot back into something to use again later? Do you have mass amounts of burners? I have just started this, and I find a scent lasts me 2-3 days, even if it is on all day. So how do I change them out as quickly as you guys and still get my money's worth???

Can I ask a question here? I love reading this thread because I get good scent ideas from you more experienced melters. I am assuming these are all tarts yall are burning...so to those of you who burn different scents throughout day, are you pouring it hot back into something to use again later? Do you have mass amounts of burners? I have just started this, and I find a scent lasts me 2-3 days, even if it is on all day. So how do I change them out as quickly as you guys and still get my money's worth???

I usually use 3 melters a day. Most of my scents last 8 hours or more. When I can no longer really smell it I change out the melt. I just throw out the melted wax. I do not use it again. That is unusual that scents last for 2-3 days. Some of my stronger scents can go 12+ hours but if the day is over I discard the wax. HTH!

Switched out my melter for LSC Baking Pumpkin Pie. This is a very realistic scent and it smells fantastic!! The scent is so strong so that is the only one I am melting right now.

[smilie=th_oops_] Maggie, this is all my mistake! So sorry for the confusion and misread of your post. The Voo Doo Gremlins must be playing with my brain today! The "something wacky" is ME!! [smilie=th_insane] [smilie=th_jaja]

Hey there Katz, there you are! [smilie=th_e16]

Lonegirl, I could be wrong (see my first paragraph above! [smilie=th_foolish1] ) but I think most of us say "melt" when we've got a tart melting in a warmer and "burn" when we're talking about a candle. So yes, probably most people are using more tarts than candles. If that's not right, somebody tell me now so I can [smilie=th_1286B215] before I create more chaos! I pretty much use a tart until it's lost scent. Once its done, I pour it out into an old plastic cup and then I pop the cooled wax into the trash. I only have one melter (burner).

HTH.

Gail, Just Goofy!

Sounds like lots are enjoying some cooler temps... :thyay:

Jules - it's not even cooling off enuf in the evenings to open your windows yet?

I'm melting BH&G's Simmering Apple Cider and it's [smilie=th_cc15] Reminds me of Apple Jack & Peel a little bit.

I'm melting BH&G's Simmering Apple Cider and it's [smilie=th_cc15] Reminds me of Apple Jack & Peel a little bit.

I love that one too! I'm going to have to stock up on it - this is one STRONG scent!

I just put on "Cinnamon Buns" from Melissa's Specialty Soap and Primitive Wicks (what a mouthful!) I smell a lot of cinnamon and some sweet vanilla. Good in my book! Plus, her scent shots are buy-one-get-one-free! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Beautiful cool night and i am melting pink noel madness its not very strong i think i will be changing it out again just not sure to what yet. Have a great evening.

[smilie=th_slider_hi5] Gail..I must have some of those voo doo gremlins here too!

Tonight it is about 55 degrees outside and the wind is whipping around but I am the only one who is [smilie=th_c2e41937] ....I love it! :)

Melting:

Apple Buttered Zucchini Bread from CCCC... [smilie=th_happy096]

Sounds like lots are enjoying some cooler temps... :thyay:

Jules - it's not even cooling off enuf in the evenings to open your windows yet?

It's 83 degrees here tonight. I'm wimpy about the heat so my A/C is still pumping out the cool air. th_c032.gif

All the candles are snuffed for the night. I've only got one melt still going - Spotted Hog Happy as a Pig in $%^^

I'm so jealous of you ladies with the cooler weather - we're not due any anytime soon! :(

Last melts of the night:

CFTKR 'Butterscotch Cream' (I think, I threw out the wrapper.)

OMG 'French Vanilla' - this one smells a bit like plastic. The throw is fantastic, but the scent just isn't for me.

Backroad Hobbies 'Amish Harvest' - lovely lovely spicy scent.