The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

Hey everyone! I see there are some Winter Haters here afterall - lets join hands so we can keep each other warm when the you-know-what hits the fan :lol:

Last night's melts were: Luna Bleu Honey Patchouli, LOL Vanilla Patchouli, and LOL Cashmere & Silk

Tonite's smell goods:

Tara's Bahama Pink Sugar Coconut in the living room

Orchid Lake Himalayan Bamboo in the bathroom

Backroad Hobbies Autumn Lodge in the bedroom

Chilly few days and nights here - ack :lol: but it's gonna warm up a bit this week - yay! Have a great Sunday, all! :D

Good Morning...Happy Sunday Coffee_cup_3.gif

Melting Carol's Dutch Apple Crunch Cake...it's pretty yum. I also have a votive candle lit - Prairie House from Scentsible Scents. This votive is not as strong as the Days of Olde one I just finished. It's sort of a mulled cider scent.

Gail, so do you have a top loader now? Just curious. Yay for Hobbit! I don't like lemon lavender scents either...smells too much like lemon pine-sol to me.

Maggie, sounds like a great candle haul at B&BW. Glad you were able to get the free gift thingy. By the time I had ordered online, they were all gone. Hope the weather cooperates and you can get some pics today!

sweet, not a problem...I forgot you mentioned that you did have that one. Whenever I've melted PS before, I've never gotten a "perfumey" smell, but to me it is just uber sweet...too much for me.

mpfand, I can't wait to sniff Marshmallow Peppermint. Sounds heavenly.

sheila, I take it you're not liking cooler temps??

Off to fix some breakfast...anyone else like McCann's Irish Oatmeal??

The Gingerbread smells like vanilla and marshmallow... [smilie=th_idontknow] I smell NO gingerbread whatsoever...maybe I got a dud. Did anyone else notice that?

I agree with Maggie on the Gingerbread. Maybe once melted the ginger will come out. I hope so, because I love a good gingerbread scent!

MaggieMae & Mpfand - thanks for the feedback on Harry's new gingerbread. I luv a good GB :wub: and was hoping his would be a winner. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] Let us know if your opinion changes after burning it.

Off to fix some breakfast...anyone else like McCann's Irish Oatmeal??

Aria - I've seen that in the store, but haven't tried it yet. You like it, huh? [smilie=yes] Do you make the quick cook version or the traditional?

I'm burning Slatkin's Autumn candle this lovely, cool, sunny morning.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Morning all. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Aria, I do plan on heading out today... :tongue: It's beautiful out!

Candlefan- Sounds like a lovely and memorable night! High School dances are so much fun...I went with the man I ended up marrying. LOL Of course, we look like babies in our pictures and the kids laugh.

Jedda- Pumpkin Pecan Waffles sounds [smilie=cloud_9] ...I wonder if I have that in my BH stash...gotta check!

Today it's Shady Mountain...Lemon Zucchini Pie and Orange Zucchini Bread. [smilie=th_Drglar]

Country Home Scents Little Black Dress is still cranking upstairs.

Have a good one. :)

Aria - Me too! [smilie=th_clap1] We're probably in the minority, but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.

Lovescent - What do U think of the Lemon Scones? Can you smell the scone, or only the lemon? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

LLVV [smilie=th_wave] - I was wondering if you'd been on vacay. Glad to C U here!

[smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] I'm melting that one, too, Jedda! It's scrumptious! I think there's smell some pumpkin in there, too. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I'm impressed with my first BH&G melt! [smilie=yes] Is BH&G the same company as Scentsationals? On the inside of the clamshell it says 'for customer service, please email customerservice at scentsationals dot com.

Jedda, too bad we can't trade temps for a bit - since we only had about a week of summer, I am not ready for fall!

I have Twilight from Scentsy melting.

Looks like I am going to have to go on a road trip and hunt me down some of the BH&G Fall scents. [smilie=th_pardon]

Must find some of the fall scents. Where are they in your walmart? I tried looking all over and all I found was the ones that they carry year round.I also noticed that the shelves are might empty looking and they don't refill them back in like they would do with groceries.

I was at michaels the other day and noticed that paula deen(sp?) has a line coming out in tarts and warmers. However the wax was super mushy and soft. I think I will still to the walmart ones.

Over night we melted oatmeal cookie by bh&G

burning candles

mulled cider ggc

pumpkin patch cupcakes lol

cinnamon mochacino lol

carrot cake yc and

melting butterscotch spice by ccc(crabby)

Hey everyone! I see there are some Winter Haters here afterall - lets join hands...

[smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Good morning still away from home hardly get phone service. Melting cranberry spice in the camper. Have a great Sunday

I hope you're enjoying yourselves, Stella. Cranberry Spice sounds so nice!

Gail, so do you have a top loader now? ... anyone else like McCann's Irish Oatmeal??

Yep, I've had a top loader for about five years. It's nothing particularly special but I like it way more than that stupid HE front loader! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Aria - I've seen that in the store, but haven't tried it yet. You like it, huh? [smilie=yes] Do you make the quick cook version or the traditional?

I want to know about McCann's too! Aria, I think you (or somebody) mentioned it before. What makes it special, please?

I'm melting Haley's Sugar Rush. At first I didn't like it at all but after a couple hours it's mellowing into sweet goodness. [smilie=th_sml29]

Beautiful morning today. I hope all of you can say the same!

Gail

Feels like fall in WI today so I am biding a 3-wick form YC called Fall Air. Does anyone know what the scent is supposed to be? Smells spicy and kinda pumpkin.

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Today I'm melting YC Pomegranate Cider

CFTKR Country Fair strudel

Mulled Cider from GC

Sweet...I have a McCall's dw Apple spice waiting to be burned and the cold smell is nice, a little on the light side,may be stronger once I burn it.I've tried no other candles from them,but i'm planning on ordering some of the bars that are on sale for Sept.I'm going to try Spiced Pear,Pumpkin spice,Grandma's kitchen and a few others!

Have a great day everyone!

i'm planning on ordering some of the bars that are on sale for Sept.

Skylar - great minds think alike! [smilie=th_clap1]

My afternoon melt was Scentsy's Honey Pear Cider and it was outstanding! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I haven't smelled anything like it before - here's the description - fresh, juicy pear & sweet honey together with subtle hints of spices. It doesn't say there's any apple in it (which I think of when I hear 'cider'), but it does remind me of a cider (how do they do that?). If you don't like honey, I really don't smell that, so, go ahead & try it! [smilie=th_cc15]

I'm ending the day with Slatkins mini Leaves candle. Hope everyone enjoyed the last weekend of summer! Awwww....don't be sad. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] We'll still have plenty of warm days yet. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Good Evening!

It has been a busy weekend around here. We had Parent's Weekend at DD's college. It was very nice. We went to eat last night with DD's friends and their parents and had the Senior Breakfast this morning. We also had a family picnic this afternoon.

Burning all candles tonight-

YC Sugared Apple

YC Spice Cake

YC Autumn Wreath

These all smell great together!

[smilie=th_smiley-yawn] Long day...

Did the [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] and then went to the orchard and then clothes :ssshopping: with the twins. Oh dear.

Michele~ Sounds like a great weekend!

Skylar~ I think you'll love those McCalls once they get going. They get stronger and more complex as they burn! I love them!

Tonight I'm melting:

LSC Brown Sugar Nut Bread

LSC Blackberry Peach Poundcake

Shady Mountain Sugar Cookie Dough Bread

Burning:

B&BW Cinnamon Sugar Donut...YUM.

Interesting to read the reviews on the HE washers - we just got one and I am getting really tired of the stinky smell! I thought maybe I was the only one that prefered my old Kenmore toploader!

Sweet - I agree, usually I am sort of "eh" of pear scents, but that one is outstanding!

I have Citrus Cilantro melting from Sheba's.. It is pretty good!

Good Evening!

It has been a busy weekend around here. We had Parent's Weekend at DD's college. It was very nice. We went to eat last night with DD's friends and their parents and had the Senior Breakfast this morning. We also had a family picnic this afternoon.

Burning all candles tonight-

YC Sugared Apple

YC Spice Cake

YC Autumn Wreath

These all smell great together!

What a weekend. You must be so proud of your DD. _smileyfacehugging_.gif

Tonight I'm burning a Slatkin 3 wick Frosted Cupcake and melting Fresh Strawberry from CFTKR. Plus two Yankee votives - Strawberry Buttercream.

The Emmy's are on. It was so cool seeing Melissa McCarthy from Mike & Molly win one.

candlelove, sounds like a fun week-end! I hope your DD has a fabulous year.

Sweet, Honey Pear Cider is one of my favorite Scentsy scents! :wub:

This evening I'm melting Pumpkin Roll from Scentsy.

Hi all! Getting settled in after a long day and night at work. I can't wait for them to light the heat pilots in the complex - I'd have it blasting tonite, believe me :lol: They usually don't turn it on until Oct. 1st, but if people start complaining, they do it earlier. They did last year for sure - it was pretty cold this same weekend, and it was 58 in my apartment - not fun! Riding about 64 now - blanket time :lol:

Tonite's melts:

CFTKR Baby Powder in the living room

Soy Breeze Spiced Carrot Cake in the bathroom - not my thing, but it was a freebie and I had no bathroom scent inspiration tonite :lol:

CFTKR Enchanted Spice in the bedroom

Stay warm everyone, and have a nice Monday! :)

GOOD MORNING CANDLE-FINDERS!!

(I thought if I shouted I might wake myself up - the coffee just isn't getting it)

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Starting the day with California Girls from Distinctly Pink. I actually threw it in last night, but these do not melt easily, even in my high wattage melter they take some time, so it never fully melted before I went to bed. grrrrr That makes this vendor a no-reorder for me, I hate when that happens.

:angry:

The rest of the melters I turned on as I stumbled to the coffee pot have whatever's been in them all weekend, they need a change, I need some inspiration. Coffee cup #2.

[smilie=th_316785e4]

I had a busy weekend, went out looking for new Halloween goodies with DD, we add something to our decorations each year. Hit Michaels, JoAnns, Walmart, Kmart, Spirit Store and this morning we will hit Target. I am specifically looking for this "bleeding head" candle we put on a plate in the bathroom every year and it seems to be MIA.

I am also working on DS finishing touches to the room. We are kinda-sorta decorating with a "gaming" theme (XBox360) and I didn't see anything ready-made. So I am printing and laminating some stuff for a makeshift border.

I am also overwhelmed with pear, muscadine and lima bean harvest. jeesh

I hate when I have so many projects in the hopper that it seems like nothing gets done.

[smilie=th_cha40]

To top it off, DH is sick (a "man-cold") are all the men in your lives the biggest babies ever? UGH Put on your big girl panties and deal, I say! lol (heartless here)

[smilie=th_a136]

One note on the HE washer discussion (had to look that up - I thought it was a brand - lol). I have one too, a Kenmore Duet (front load) and I hear ya about the smell. I make sure to never shut the door after removing a load, it definately needs to air out/dry. Also, check the seal around the door, DD's undies found their way in there at one point (my kids tend to neglect their laundry and then pile the thing to the max).

[smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

Have a GREAT DAY everyone, sorry I typed you a book here.

Jedda- Pumpkin Pecan Waffles sounds [smilie=cloud_9] ...I wonder if I have that in my BH stash...gotta check!

I hope you find some! This has turned out to be a favorite of mine, and I really wasn't expecting to like it at all. I don't ever order scents with nutty notes - almond, pecan pie, etc. They all smell off to me. I received the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles as a freebie, and I really liked it! The pecan note is mellow and doesn't take over, and it doesn't smell fake. I get a lot of pumpkin, some spices, and a warm brown sugar bakery note. Very nice!

ETA: I'm warming some VBN oil from last winter. Or, should I say that I'm trying to warm some VBN? I think it has gone bad... It smells a little weird in the bottle, but I had hoped that it would be okay once I put it in the warmer. It isn't. It has a really strong VBN scent for a few minutes, and then it smells like Vaseline. Gross! I didn't know that this would happen. Same oil and warmer as last year, but totally nasty results. My other BBW oils are fine. I keep them all together in a cool dark cupboard, and none of the others are having issues. What happened to my dear VBN? [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Good morning cant believe its Monday already. Been a long busy weekend and today is catch up day. Starting my day off with Aunt Carol's Crumb Cake from can do. Have a great day all.

Good Morning...

Are all the men in your lives the biggest babies ever?

[smilie=th_1286B215] Yep

I hope you find some! This has turned out to be a favorite of mine

[smilie=th_FULL_O17] I found it! I had one hiding out in one of my boxes! Horray!

Last night and today:

BH&G Warm Autumn Welcome from a generous and thoughtful CF friend! [smilie=thank_you] It really smells lovely...and totally FALL!!!

Sugar & Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies & Milk

Backroad Hobbies Pumpkin Pecan Waffles...can't wait till it melts Jedda! :)