The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

School's Out...What scents are in?

Hi everybody!

I'm melting LSC Grapefruit Mangosteen. You know how grapefruit can be a bit too tart and tangy? Not this one! A picture's worth a thousand words, so here's what this one's doing to my nose. :cupid-arrow:

Gail, so silly, with such a happy schnozzola this morning

Hi!!!

CFTKR Tarts:

Cherry Pie

Pizelle

YC Candles:

Macintosh Spice

Tea & Honey

Country Lemonade

Went with Napa Valley Harvest and Orchard Pear last night (liking the Pear the best).

LLVV - Tea and Honey is one of my favs. Was rationing out my last jar for as long as I could lol!

Laurie - hope Jake gets a good report from the doc & the cast will come off soon! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting FM's Sugared Champagne. Haven't decided about this scent yet. It's been a while since I sniffed champagne [smilie=th_cocktail] , but this does smell a little 'boozy' to me and I'm not sure if that's what I want the LR to smell like. [smilie=th_pardon]

Becky~ Love the avatar and congrats to the graduate!!! :)

Laurie~ Glad to hear he's healing up well..fingers crossed that everything will be A-OK!

Melting:

Buttercream Drizzled Bread...OMG... [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Am going to stockpile this one soon!!!!

Hi!

Sundaydriver...do you have a Yankee outlet close by? My outlet has quite a few jars of Tea & Honey. It's such a wonderful and authentic scent. Maybe you'll be able to find one at the big sale that is going on.

Speaking of the big sale...I hit up my store's presale sale. I was the first one there at 6pm on the dot. That only happened by chance. I wasn't aiming for a 6pm arrival...really. Anyway, my sales girl had her nose up her butt. She wasn't pleasant at all. I walked in and asked her if I could purchase sale items at the sale price today and she said she'd honor the price. Right off the bat I had a bad taste in my mouth. Honor the price...really? This presale is widely known on YC's Facebook page. I picked up a basket and scooped up a few tea light boxes...ok not a few...like 20 but hey, it's a sale. I go to her to pay and she starts ringing me up and then starts huffing and puffing about how she has to individually adjust the price. I thanked her over and over again and she just looked at me like I was a nut case buying a lot of tea lights and kept asking why I was buying so many and who they were for. Then she got snooty and asked a coworker if there is a limit on how many I could buy. Geez...give me a break. Her coworker looked at HER like she was nuts. LOL LOL LOL. Made my day. Don't work at Yankee if you aren't excited about the products that your customers are excited about and don't make them feel bad or guilty about their purchase. Be happy that your store's merchandise is selling and you aren't going out of business like the store next to you. Ok...getting off of my soap box. Just needed to vent.

I was melting YC's Beach Plum. I have been meaning to melt it for quite a few days but never got around to it. The smell almost made me gag and this never happens. I think I'd rather melt a floral candle than this one and I hate floral candles. Bleh. I'm waiting for the stench to clear out and then I'll melt one of my CFTKR tarts. Maybe I'll go back to Yankee and give the lovely sales girl my large jar of this candle as a present for her great help. LOL. Yes, she really pressed a button with me and that is a hard thing to do.

Oh, LL! I HATE it when the salespeople act like that! :angry: It makes me want to walk out...But knowing it was the big sale, I am glad you stuck it out! Pity the people that come to buy in the crazyness tomorrow cuz it may just push her over the edge.

I am reaching in the back of the tart drawer tonight - Alternative Breeding, Eternal Hunger

Starting this morning out with BBW Fresh Picked Cherries.

LLVV--sorry you had such a bad experience. I was at Yankee yesterday also and the woman working there not only was working alone but had shipment to do plus rearranging the store for the official start of the sale and she was opening boxes for people and helping them get what they wanted for the sale--one lady bought 24 large jars while I was there and the clerk was so pleasant. Too bad you can't shop at our store as they always bend over backwards to be pleasant and help the customers. I agree your gal should have been glad to have the business considering how things are these days. Sounds like she needs a new line of work. I'll never forget one time I was in a store and bought a lot of items off this one rack. When I went to check out the lady (who had worked there for years) saw what I was getting and informed me she had just filled that rack--like I was messing up her display!! I very sweetly told her I would be glad to replace everything and leave and she suddenly decided maybe she better be glad I was buying stuff rather than feeling her display was messed up. I know it irked me big time. Sometimes you have to wonder what these sales people are thinking. At any rate, I am glad you went ahead and got your things. I got a lot of tealights too only I didn't have to deal with the hassle. Ha!

Becky--what a nice photo of you and the proud graduate. Thanks for sharing.

I'm starting the morning with Haley's 'Apple Jack and Peel'. I have been on a real apple kick lately, and this one is a long time favorite.

I'm off to pack the last lunchboxes of the year, and then rush to buy end-of-the-year gifts for the teachers. That's right folks- it's the last day of school!

Not too long ago, I would have been apologizing to the poor, ditzy, sales person for making their job so stressful. I guess my tolerance for this sort of thing is like 0 these days and why buying on-line is such a great alternative for me. This morning I am melting a most wonderful candle from Busy Bee in Splinters and Rags scent. I know I could not find this scent at Yankee or any where else. I hope y'all with the heat wave are staying cool. Our heat index will be over 100 this afternoon in Indy. [smilie=th_dd5]

Still trying to crank as much scent as I can out of the Buttercream Drizzled Bread...Little Black Dress (Country Home) upstairs and a candle in Cider Donut (S & S)

Try to stay cool everyone... [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Melting CCCC Stormwatch upstairs in my bedroom. I am stuck up here today while flooring guys install hardwood in the kitchen and hallway. I even put a tart in the warmer downstairs- CBV Emperor's Love (they probably won't notice). Speaking of YC sale, I went on the website to order 6/69 and it won't let you use the 10 off 25 coupon code- WTH! I am going to call the website number and find out why. When you go to the store you can use the code for each 25.00 transaction, so, you would think you could us it once on the website.....strange.

Anyways, another hot one her today- 100 degress. But it is supposed to only be in the 50's for the next few days after today- such weird weather were having.

I've had a good night's sleep and have chilled out about yesterday's YC experience. Most of the ladies at my YC are very nice and friendly. I guess there is always 1 bad seed in the bunch.

Trep, I actually felt guilty about interupting the fresh tea light display but that is what it's there for, right. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

CFTKR Tarts:

Angel Food Cake

Pizelle

YC Candles:

Winter Wonderland (such an interesting scent...odd, yet sooo good)

Tea & Honey

Rhubarb Plum tealight (scored at the outlet!!! I think Dabba and I are the only 2 on the planet that love this scent).

LLVV, what a goofy and irritating experience! I'm glad you're feeling calmer today.

I'm melting LSC Grapefruit Mangosteen again today. Ohhh, lucky me! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Gail

Thanks for the outlet tip LL - I actually have one here in CT in Clinton Crossings. It's a bit of a hike but luckly I will be heading up that way this weekend.

No idea what I'm burning tonight. Like some of you, the weather's supposed to be real hot today and I have a late meeting today so I'll definately need something calming lol - maybe Beachwalk.

Melting CCCC Stormwatch upstairs in my bedroom. I am stuck up here today while flooring guys install hardwood in the kitchen and hallway. I even put a tart in the warmer downstairs- CBV Emperor's Love (they probably won't notice). Speaking of YC sale, I went on the website to order 6/69 and it won't let you use the 10 off 25 coupon code- WTH! I am going to call the website number and find out why. When you go to the store you can use the code for each 25.00 transaction, so, you would think you could us it once on the website.....strange.

Anyways, another hot one her today- 100 degress. But it is supposed to only be in the 50's for the next few days after today- such weird weather were having.

This coupon code will work to take the $10 off online: xf907w1

LLVV--glad you are feeling better today and yes, the displays are there so we will see them and then buy them. Ha!! Also, I love Rhubarb Plum but haven't had any in ages. Lucky you! Enjoy!!

For this afternoon it is Mainstays Wild Honeysuckle. It is another hot one here today--sure hope this doesn't last all summer. [smilie=th_u51]