The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

School's Out...What scents are in?

Started out the day with Yankee Bahama Breeze and Mainstays Tropical Fruit and now it is BBW Fresh Picked Cherries--love this one. I am getting caught up on grocery shopping and housework so now I am going to go read a book. Have a great afternoon everyone.

Why so, Cyn?

I was just going to ask the same thing! How long is too long? [smilie=th_idontknow]

Today it's Blackberry Marmalade and Blackberry Musk ( [smilie=th_smilies-2] ) ...both from Perfect Scents.

Have a good one! ;)

Not melting anything yet - I just got home and put dinner on. I don't think that the garlic fumes from the kitchen would play nicely with any of my tarts!

Later I'm burning my "Ocean Breeze" candle from MVP while I watch So You Think You Can Dance, drink red wine, and wish that the last day of school would come sooner than next week. The end of the year just KILLS me!

I really love the Spiced Pear...whacha think? Deanna said it's a new one...I love all the extra scents thrown in there.

I liked it, too! Will definitely get it again. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I am watching "So You Think You Can Dance" tonight - I have never seen it before. Not only are there some good dancers, it is hysterical!

Debra - I try and watch that every summer. Luv seeing how talented those kids are! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Perfect Scent - Red Velvet Cake (Love this scent but I'm learning the melts from PS need to be melted sooner rather than later.)

Cyn - I'll echo Laurie & MaggieMae's question.....why? Since they're soy, I've been letting them sit a bit. Maybe I should schedule a PS melt-a-thon? [smilie=th_scratch]

I'm melting Can-Do's Bread Pudding. Smells good enuf to eat! [smilie=th_aa17]

Hi everyone! I've had YC Ocean Water going all afternoon, both in melt and candle form.

I know what everyone means about end of the school year chaos. Field trips, food for end of year parties, dances, major projects due, finals to buckle down and study for, field trip permission forms--I'm exhausted! And I'm not even in school, just a frazzled parent at the ready with checkbook and car keys in hand. :wacko:

Oh well. In a few years, when the kids have gone off to college, I'll be sorely missing these days.

just a frazzled parent at the ready with checkbook and car keys in hand. :wacko:

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Yes, you have the "essentials"! I've been there!

Tonight I am melting a few more samples (a little off season...) so it is Silver Bells from Scentsy.

I started the day with 'Black Cherry Cake' from Haley's. It smells exactly like a cherry popsicle. I get no cake or bakery notes.

It isn't what I expected, but 'popsicle' sure beats 'cough syrup', which is what most cherry scents smell like to me!

[smilie=th_bb20]

GOOD MORNING!

[smilie=th_316785e4]

Starting the day off with Bamboo & Pink Grapefruit from CFTKR

It's the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

[smilie=th_c61]

I have been SO frazzled as it wound down!

The summer taxi service will be considerably lighter - driver's ed class and cross-country practice (so far that's all)

[smilie=snoopy]

Lucky you, Laurie! :)

I've got one more week of work at my school and my kids have two more weeks!!! I can NOT wait till summer vacation!!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

This morning it's:

Citrus Poundcake from FM all over the downstairs

Balenese Cascade from Nene upstairs

Have a good one! ;)

To all involved in the education system: a BIG [smilie=thank_you] [smilie=th_congratulations] to all grads. this year. I am starting off the morning with CYS-Sweet Musk. I'm going to make a real effort to start using up some of my "stash". I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's going to be a hot one here, 90's tomorrow..

[smilie=th_dd5]

I've got one more week of work at my school and my kids have two more weeks!!! I can NOT wait till summer vacation!!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I TOTALLY feel your pain, Maggie!

lol

Good morning!

CFTKR Tarts:

Key Lime Pie

YC Candles:

Macintosh Spice

Have a great day!

Lasting Scent Candles - Cedar Wood Mint ~ [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SCENT!

1/4 of a tart has the whole office smelling great all morning and now going into the afternoon!!! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

I've been into tropical lately...my favorites are anything with tropical in the name from CYS. It's so darn hot here in AR, almost 95 degrees every day for the past week. That's TOO hot for June! I'm also loving anything carnival themed...cotton candy, funnel cake, etc. Hoarding my last freak show melts from grumpy girl!

Leah--I am here in SW Missouri and you are so right--it is way too hot for June here, too.

I have been doing the tropical thing also--all afternoon it was BBW Pineapple Mango and I am getting ready to put on Yankee Sun and Sand. I figure if it seems tropical out it might as well smell like it inside. [smilie=yes]

[smilie=th_bb20] We had lovely cool temps last nite, even got to pull the quilt up. (Yeah, it's the little things that make me happy :) ). So...to all of you on the east coast having a heat wave, a brief respite is on it's way to you! [smilie=th_c61] I'm melting CCCC's Apple Cider.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a busy day at work but I do not have to work at all this weekend, so it should be quite nice. :)

Why so, Cyn? I'm asking because I just melted something last night from Cottage Hill Creations and it was HORRIBLE. I don't remember earlier ones from there being that way, but I'm wondering if I kept it too long and it *turned* or something. I melted one other from them last night and it was a bit funky too.

[smilie=th_235F35F32]

I was just going to ask the same thing! How long is too long? [smilie=th_idontknow]

Cyn - I'll echo Laurie & MaggieMae's question.....why? Since they're soy, I've been letting them sit a bit. Maybe I should schedule a PS melt-a-thon? [smilie=th_scratch]

I'm melting Can-Do's Bread Pudding. Smells good enuf to eat! [smilie=th_aa17]

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have ordered a bunch from Perfect Scents since I found out I liked them so much. The scent throws were much stronger for me with the batches I melted right away. I am now melting some that have been hanging around for almost 2 months and the scent appears to already have started to fade. [smilie=th_smiley-crying] I just learned with this vendor, I need to melt what I buy from them within a month.

Most recently:

Shady Mountain - Toasted Marshmallow (Didn't care for this - a bit sweeter than I was looking for or really more like a twang. My fav TM is still from CCS)

CFTKR - Old Fashioned Banana Pudding (Mmmm - delicious! Great throw, creamy banana scent.)

OPT - Cinnamon Sugar Crescent Rolls (Eh)

S&S - Pink Caramel Drizzled Pears (Whoa, Nellie! Very strong and a good blend - mostly caramel with some juicy pear, hint of pink sugar).

Tara's Candle Cottage - Toasted Top Birthday Cake (Another mmmm! Moderate throw, simply yummy.)

I hope everyone has had a good Friday.

Thanks for the info Cyn! I better get meltin'...2 months isn't long at all!

For the evening it's:

Orange Marmalade % Brown Sugar from Front Porch..smells wonderful on cold sniff..

:)