The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

A-May-Zing Scents

Hi everyone. I'm burning my Slatkin Cotton Candy candle and it smells so good!

Hi Melodywax! [smilie=th_wave] [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol

Michele - your European vacay sounds fantastic! It'll be so nice to have the whole family together! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting LS Banana Nut French Toast. Maybe not the best choice, cuz the onions I'm doing for the pierogies are kinda drowning it out. :rolleyes: But, what I can smell is deeeelish! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

[smilie=th_bb20]

Hi!

CFTKR Tarts:

Burnt Cream - yummy!

YC Candles:

Sage & Citrus votive

Kiwi Berries votive

Banana Cream Pie jar

I have missed this place since I haven't checked in in a little while.

I've been a bit over-run with harvest from the vegetable garden, lots of (english) peas to shell and freeze. Then a day or so ago, I noticed something red in my potato bed, and found to my surprise that my LaSoda potatoes are ready - I superficially poked around and got 19 pounds! The plants are still going strong, and I thought I remembered that they died back before harvesting underground, but maybe not - so this weekend I will be digging for treasures. I've also gotten some carrots and my peach tree (which is very small and young) gave the most delicious peaches, they are not very big and maybe only 20 or so, but absolutely TDF!

:D

ANYWAY, the weather here has been gorgeous, altho I know the dog daze of summer heat are right around the corner, so I have not been paying as much attention to melts. Right now I have:

Tahitian Tiare Flower from YC and it started out one way and then seemed to change, have you guys had tarts that did that?

I recently picked up a little Yankee candle from Target ( a 2 for $20 special - so I got one for teacher appreciation week and one for myself, Mom's are the first teachers, afterall!)

;)

it's called Island Lily and I've been liking it a lot!

I also recently melted Country Breeze from Shayz Scentz and it was very nice and fresh.

I think I need to go plot an order (or maybe 2) from all these recent sales. It's gonna get too hot for wax pretty soon (in the mail I mean) yeah, that's the ticket.

:rolleyes:

Sorry for not keeping up with everyone, hope all is well in your world(s)!

Naultique, I'm so jealous of fresh peaches from your own garden in May! And there is nothing better than fresh peas. You lucky girl.

I've been melting Lavender Laundry from CCS all day and it is still going strong. Upstairs I've had Lilac going but I had to shut it off. Florals get to me sometimes.

I am envious Laurie, it is still too cold and wet here to plant.

Not much melting around here - old kitty passed away and a few days later our indoor kitty got out...now I am kittyless and spending most of my free time looking under bushes and under neighbor's decks.

She is very skitterish, but she is chipped, so my fingers are crossed that someone can actually catch her.

Last night I melted YC beachwalk. This was relatively strong! I also melted NeNe's bananas foster. This was wonderful, but did not last long. This morning I doubled up YC coconut bay...very weak. I also melted LS patchouli passion...very artificial...wouldn't even call it patchouli.

Happy Saturday morning!

Yesterday's melts were -

Tara's Candle Cottage - Pink Keylime Cake (Yum - got the pink and the key lime, not too much of either), Kiwi Frozen Coconut Pie (Another yum), Frosted Apple Cinnamon Cookies (Ditto), Caramel Coated Vanilla Bean Cake (Super delicious but I wish it were a bit stronger)

Nene's - Lemon Squares (A favorite, moderate throw)

OPT - Bananas Foster (Good, this one was not as heavy on the rum as the one from BRH. I smelled more of the banana. Moderate throw), Frozen Margarita (Pretty good and authentic - I could taste the salt rim, LOL. Moderate throw)

Candles Made from Soy - Winter Cheer (Melt found during the spring clean but no throw)

CCS - Snowflake (Also found during spring clean but this one packed a punch - strong minty scent)

Buggy Town - Vanilla Bean (eh), Pumpkin ZB (mostly spice), Maple ZB (eh)

CHC - Orange Chiffon Cake (Nice but light)

Have a great day!

I am envious Laurie, it is still too cold and wet here to plant.

Not much melting around here - old kitty passed away and a few days later our indoor kitty got out...now I am kittyless and spending most of my free time looking under bushes and under neighbor's decks.

She is very skitterish, but she is chipped, so my fingers are crossed that someone can actually catch her.

Debra, I'm sorry to hear that your kitty has passed away! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I know how hard this must be for you...and now your other little kitty got out? I hope and pray that you will find her! Can you put flyers around town?

Laurie~ WOW! Your harvesting sounds great! I would love all those delicious vegies and fruits! The weather is so fickle here yet...can't wait for the warmth to stick around for good!

Melting

Crosscreek's Zucchini Strudel Bars this morning.

Have a nice one! ;)

Trying out Biscuits and Honey from 1803 Candles.

Mpfand - I'm curious about this scent. Mostly biscuit or honey....or a good blend of both? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Debra - I was wondering about your older kitty, I'm so sorry for this news. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Both my and my sis' indoor kitties have gotten out and turned out to be hiding in the yard, so I'm hoping yours comes out of hiding today and gets her hiney back inside where she belongs.

Laurie - your garden harvest sounds divine! [smilie=th_aa17] All that hard work is certainly paying off with some delicious & healthy foods for your family.

I'm only burning my new FP Lemon Cookies candle in the LR to see how the throw would be & am happy to report that it's smelling wonderful! :wub:

Mpfand - I'm curious about this scent. Mostly biscuit or honey....or a good blend of both? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

I smell both biscuit and honey-maybe a teeny tiny bit more honey. It's delicious and I highly recommend it! I'm re-melting it this morning as there's still a lot of scent left. I could smell it first thing this morning even though the melters were off!

Michele, that sounds like such a fabulous vacation! I hope it's absolutely grand for you and your family! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Laurie, enjoy your yummy harvest! :D

Debra, condolences on the loss of your kitty.:( I been thinking about him, wondering how he was doing. Hope you find your missing little one. :wacko:

Thanks for the well wishes for my nose. The danged thing is still acting up, so I'm not melting or burning anything for now. :mad: Good news is I feel just fine.

Have a super Saturday!

Gail

I'm melting LS Banana Nut French Toast. Maybe not the best choice, cuz the onions I'm doing for the pierogies are kinda drowning it out. :rolleyes: But, what I can smell is deeeelish! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

[smilie=th_bb20]

Mmmmm! Pierogies! I haven't made those in ages. Getting a sudden craving. haha

Too bad my girls aren't up for tackling such a big Mother's Day project.

Today's melts:

CFTKR Pumpkin Marshmallow ~ YUMMY!

Haley's Caramel Coconut Cake ~ Delicious

LOL Cupid's Mischief Cake

So sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, Debra. :(

Hi everyone! cupblue.gif I'm enjoying a little cuppa before I head outside and clean/organize my gardening section in our garage. I also have some kattemad_03.gif going too. It's super gorgeous out and I will kick myself if I don't get out and enjoy it!

Melting a BH&G tart cube....Soft Cashmere Amber....LOVELY! I simply adore this scent and must get more clams next time I am at Wally World. Has anyone else tried this one??

sweet, DS#1 could LIVE on potato pierogis!!!! We all love them here, but he is a fiend! Hope you enjoyed yours!

I have my new swirled candle from Coyer Candles ready to light this evening....

Okay, gals, gotta head out to the garage!

Have a lovely Saturday

Hi there everyone! [smilie=th_wave]

Today I'm melting

Can-do Lemon Lavender

Tara's Lavender and Straw-melon

YC Pink Sands

YC Lemon Lavender oil

All smell great!

Aria-I loved the Soft Cashmere and Amber from BHG,and would re-buy,it was lovely! I have to say I've liked most BHG's I've tried so far !

Debra...so sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty