The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

A-May-Zing Scents

Gail~ Lovely shot...beautiful picture!

Katz~ I'm sorry to hear about your Mom...I hope she has no complications and she is feeling better soon! I wanted to order that Chergui Sugar in my last order but forgot! <RATS>

Talk about Luna Bleu,

Did you notice Luna Bleu seems to be MIA? I ordered from her "30 Customers Only" sale and then the tornadoes hit Louisiana...She hasn't posted on FB or had any communication since. It really makes me worry about her and all those poor people...I sure hope she is OK!!! My DS insists that the internet is out in parts of Louisiana so she might be ok but unable to get online...I sure hope so.

Melting:

Lemon Zucchini Bread from Crabby Candle.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Katz - I hope your mom heals fast and that she isn't in pain. Sending positive thoughts your way.

CFTKR Tarts:

Still melting Cotton Candy Frosting

YC Candles:

Mint votive

Banana Cream Pie jar

Rainbow's End jar

I keep trying to be a regular poster and I simply must get in the habit and stay in the habit. I love reading all your posts and what your melting and what vendors you're using.

I can't remember who asked, but YES, CYS is sold. She sold to OMG Candles so I think that is good. I never quite cared for her tarts, they needed a long long curing time but often ordered her bath and body.

Today I had Auntie Di's Pink Sugar and Cozy Cottage Scents Orange Chiffon Cake melting. Both fabulous! Somebody (sorry I don't know all your names) they have a love hate with a cherry scent. That is how I am with Pink Sugar. Today was a love day.

Ellie

Katzncandles, I'm wishing your mom a speedy recovery. You'll be there through Mother's Day?

Tonight I put on Nene's Bodacious Blueberry and CFTKR - Black n Blues.

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around too much lately because I've been dealing with some problems with relatives. My mom collapsed with a stroke and heart trouble a couple weeks ago. She's going to make it, I think, but it's been hard on everyone. On top of that my dad and I are not getting along because my only sibling is stirring up all sorts of trouble between us. It's been awful and so painful that I just haven't felt much like melting or doing much anything at all. My husband and I are going to see a social worker/counselor tomorrow, so I hope we can get some good advice and help.

But, life goes on and I have some Scentsy Mountain Retreat on my melter this evening. Not even crisis can tear me away from my smellies for long!

Katz, I wish your mom well.

Candlefan, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I am glad to hear that she is recovering. It sounds like the counselor is a good, positive step and I wish you and your family well.

Gail, I do love your avatar. Very pretty!

Today has been:

Nene's - Cake Batter Ice Cream (Mmmmm!)

SH - Rice & Raisins (A favorite), Lavender Coconut Milk (Heavier on the lavender, not so fond of this version)

Sugar & Spice - Cake Batter Ice Cream (Mmmmm!)

Tara's Candle Cottage - Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream (Meh), Sweet Pea (Moderately strong, good floral)

Buggy Town Candles - Strawberry Coconut Cream (Didn't smell much), Cabin Sweet Cabin (Pretty woodsy, some spic, moderate throw), Buttercream Cake (Didn't smell much)

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Candlefan--so sorry to hear about your mom and your sibling problems. I have been where you are and it makes a bad situation so much worse. I hope the counselor can help.

Starting the morning out with Yankee Blue Hydrangea--lovely floral scent. Hope everyone has a great day.

001aw.gif Good Morning!

Melting Nene's Pumpkin Zucchini Bread today

The weatherman is promising sunny skies today. It's been such a dreary spring so far. Really looking forward to a nice sunny day!

Getting ready to paint our MBR...Sherwin Williams Jersey Cream. I am debating whether or not to paint inside our closet. It would involve taking all the clothes out and the shelves, but I think it would look so nice. What do you guys think? I know....very O/T!

Have a great day! thflag.gif

Candlefan, I am so sorry to hear about your mother's stroke/heart trouble. [smilie=th_empathy] I know stressful situations seem to bring out the worst in people but I hope she has an amazing recovery and I do hope your family can try to work things out. You are in my prayers.

Aria, I painted my closets when I first moved into this house....needless to say, I won't do it again. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

The Lemon Zucchini Bread didn't last very long and wasn't very strong at all....I think I'll let the other clam sit for a while.

This morning it's

Satin Sheets from Almost Country upstairs

Snozzberry Heaven from K's Kreation

Blackberry Sugar from Luna Bleu

Good morning everyone!

Candlefan, I'm sorry to hear about your mother's health problems,and your sibling's common-decency problems. Good grief, what a time to stir the pot! I hope that the counselor can help. If your sibling isn't going to change and start behaving, then you need to build some coping skills. I hope communication between you and your father can improve quickly.

Aria, I don't recommend painting the inside of the closet, unless it is currently painted a dark color. If it is white or off-white, I say leave it be. On the other hand, it might be a good opportunity to clean the closet, make a yardsale pile, etc. My closet is huge, and emptying it would add two days to the project... I wouldn't do it.

Katz, I'm sorry to hear about your mother's arm. I hope she heals quickly.

Still melting 'Crispy Apples' from Scentsations. I'm going to swap it out when I get home from school drop-offs. I'll update then.

Oh dear...the Snozzberry Heaven was NOT for me...changed it for Nene's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie...always a goodie! ;)

Just started another melter upstairs with Nene's "Childrens Room"...loving it so far. It does smell a lot like the old "Love's Baby Soft" if anyone here remembers that scent!

Kim, hope your mom is on the mend soon...hugs!

candlefan, so sorry to hear you are going through a rough time right now. We are thinking of you, your mom and your family. Please don't hesitate to come here and vent. Hugs!

Maggie and jedda, thanks for the replies about painting the closet! I am sure painting the bedroom will be enough work as it is. The closet is currently painted the same color as the builders used 6 years ago...a flat, off-white color. I do need to get in there and pull out clothes that I no longer wear. I always wear the same things over and buy myself some new things every so often. So, keeping the stuff I never wear really makes no sense at all.

Okay, I am off to run some errands.

I put Haley's 'Caramel Zucchini Bread' in the warmer, and yucko - it is not for me. All I smell is bread. No sweetness, no caramel, no bakery. Just bread. To be fair, it's a nice bread scent, but it is just not what I wanted to smell today.

So that got dumped, and I put in YC 'Christmas Cookie'. It is good, but light.

Aria, I've only painted one closet, and that is because the previous owners had painted it RED. It made the light look weird, and that made it hard to see the true colors of clothing. Within days of moving in, I bought a gallon of Kilz primer to cover that craziness UP!

Cyn and Maggie, thank you for complimenting my avatar. :rolleyes:

Maggie, I'm not very familiar with Luna Bleu but sure hope she's okay!

Ellie, c'mon girlie, we'd all love to see you join the fun more by becoming a regular poster! [smilie=yes] You don't have to say a whole lot. On busy days, just post a sentence or two about your SOTD.

Oh Candlefan, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and family troubles! [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I hope your mom recovers nicely and everything calms down. Talking to a counselor is a good step. We're all here for you. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Aria, ITA about not painting the closet.

I'm melting LSC White Tea & Berries. [smilie=th_Drglar]

Gail

Katz, I hope your mom mends quickly. Having you there will be such a help!

Candlefan, I'm so sorry for what your family is going through. I hope your mom has a full recovery and I hope the counselor helps.

Aria, DH and I just painted our bedroom yesterday after painting the bathroom a few weeks ago. We needed some time in between to recover. LOL! We're still debating painting the closet. Ours is also painted a builder grade flat white, but it's a large walk-in and I'm afraid of what painting it would involve! I'm sure it'd look so much better and it's certainly in need of a good cleaning; just not sure I'm up for it! I remember Love's Baby Soft! Wore it all the time!

It's supposed to hit 90 here today. I'm melting Shades of Green from Scentsy. It's a nice, fresh scent- very fitting for today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Today I'm trying this candle garden thing that GC suggested. You take a large Vanilla Lime jar candle, a 5 oz Sparkling Apricot, and three Ginger Lime tealights and burn them all together for a fruity treat. I have to admit, it smells pretty darn good!

Also melting CFTKR's Jelly Donut (Mmmmm!) and Strawberry Cheesecake (YUM!)

MaggieMae ~ I ordered from Tanya during the "30 Customer Sale", too. Haven't heard anything from her either, but I haven't checked on FB. Sure hope everything's okay over there. I am excited to get my first Lunableu order. Tried one of her Pumpkin Vanilla body creams in a swap last year and loved it. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

The YC 'Christmas Cookie' didn't last very long... I'm trying to remember when I bought it and can't, so I suppose I should be glad that it had any scent at all.

I'm doing the carpool thing right now, but when I get home I'm putting on Haley's 'Cucumber Melon type'. It is 85* and steamy-humid outside, so maybe this scent will have a calming/cooling effect?

Today I have been enjoying OMG dragon's blood! To answer the question about LS let them eat cake...it was a light scent. I didn't notice it being perfumey. Now LS patchouli and their other earthy scents were very perfumey...didn't like them at all!

Candlefan, so sorry for your family difficulties and your Mom's health. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Today I'm trying this candle garden thing that GC suggested. You take a large Vanilla Lime jar candle, a 5 oz Sparkling Apricot, and three Ginger Lime tealights and burn them all together for a fruity treat. I have to admit, it smells pretty darn good!

How creative. I like this idea. th_cc15.gif

For this afternoon it is Yankee Blue Hydrangea and Sweet Pink Peony by BHG. It is an absolutely gorgeous spring day here--I have the doors and windows open and it is wonderful. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Oooh, sweet florals for a spring day. Enjoy every minute of it. We've already moved on to the constant air conditioner. sigh. lol

This afternoon it's CFTKR - Cranberry and Chestnuts & Brown sugar.

and Pink Flower Scents - Sweet Madeleine

Gail~ Lovely shot...beautiful picture!

Katz~ I'm sorry to hear about your Mom...I hope she has no complications and she is feeling better soon! I wanted to order that Chergui Sugar in my last order but forgot! <RATS>

Talk about Luna Bleu,

Did you notice Luna Bleu seems to be MIA? I ordered from her "30 Customers Only" sale and then the tornadoes hit Louisiana...She hasn't posted on FB or had any communication since. It really makes me worry about her and all those poor people...I sure hope she is OK!!! My DS insists that the internet is out in parts of Louisiana so she might be ok but unable to get online...I sure hope so.

Melting:

Lemon Zucchini Bread from Crabby Candle.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

I have noticed that because she left out my perfume of Chergui Sugar. I emailed about the perfume but didn't get any response, which I thought was odd. I hope that everything is o.k. with her. Thanks for the get well wished for my Mom too.

Cyn and Maggie, thank you for complimenting my avatar. :rolleyes:

Maggie, I'm not very familiar with Luna Bleu but sure hope she's okay!

Ellie, c'mon girlie, we'd all love to see you join the fun more by becoming a regular poster! [smilie=yes] You don't have to say a whole lot. On busy days, just post a sentence or two about your SOTD.

Oh Candlefan, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and family troubles! [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I hope your mom recovers nicely and everything calms down. Talking to a counselor is a good step. We're all here for you. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Aria, ITA about not painting the closet.

I'm melting LSC White Tea & Berries. [smilie=th_Drglar]

Gail

Gail: I love your avatar. I have 3 crepe myrtles here and they have actually survived our cold winters. They are a very beautiful addition to a landscape.