The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

A-May-Zing Scents

good_evening.jpg

Just changed out the melters.

This morning I had In The Clouds - CYS in my room and zip zilch nada - no throw at all. I am sad to report that this is the 2nd melt I've had from CYS and the other one had light throw and this one no throw. Too bad because I have a whole bunch of them (diffrerent scents) and they had great descriptions, but just not impressed.

:mellow:

I also changed out my living room melt, which was Fresh Cut Grass from Sugar & Spice, which was nice, but not too long lasting.

Now I have Orchard Pear from YC and I figured it won't last long either, I haven't had much luck with what I got at the Palooza. Maybe it will last long enough to get me thru till bedtime.

;)

I hope all is well with everyone.

Been out all day and have to go out later-so just finishing up my jar of CBV Coconut Pralines. I have found her candles to be very good throwers but this candle has been giving lots of black soot. Does anyone else have this problem? I do trim the wick but I am curious if this is anyone else's experience?

Yes, mine soot too. You really have to trim the wick so short it's just a nub and will barely light, and then you'll be OK. Also if a big CBV jar is what you're trying to burn, I highly recommend putting a Yankee illuma-lid on it. It usually fits (mostly) and works the same. For me, it stops the soot and lets me burn the candle a lot longer before I have to retrim the wick.

Recent melts:

LSC - Pink Sugar Melons

YC - Lemon Zest

Nene's - Cranberry Fig

FM - Spiritual Awakening

CYS - Limitless Sky

FM - Ctrus Poundcake

Haley's - Afternoon Delights

Currently melting/burning:

Canopy (Walmart) - Grapefruit & Nectarine

BH&G - Country Sunflower

Haley's candle - Insane Zucchini Bread

Time to go watch the House episode I just recorded. What did I do before we got a DVR?

I don't even know?!? I also missed House tonight, but I won't be able to watch until tomorrow night. Love that crazy show!

MaggieMae - Ut oh....you're smelling Lemon instead of Brown Sugar Nut Bread? :o Better check your nose for tart chips.... [smilie=th_tease-1]

Lemon tart chips up my nose? [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] That's just plain silly...I can't even imagine how that would happen... [smilie=th_scratch]

This evening it has been>

Hansel & Gretels House from Perfect Scent...strong & OH SO YUMMY!!!

Raspberry Zinger Funnel Cake from CFTKR...delicious.

Have a good night... [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Cyn, really appreciate the links in your posts!

Cool, Dabba. Thanks for letting me know!

I usually don't melt more than one scent on each floor in my home. I have noticed many posts here that you melt more than one scent, so I thought I would give it a try today.

Welcome to the dark side, Karrielynn. :)

Tara's Candle Cottage - Pina Colada Cookies (Can't get enough of this one), Bear Claws (Decent BC scent), Fruit Punch (Wonderful! Smelled like a red popsicle, did start to turn on me after about 4 hours though.)

Backroad Hobbies - Bananas Foster (This was pretty heavy on the rum - I got a buzz just sniffing this one), Ooey Gooey Caramel Goodness (Didn't smell much), Crushed Strawberry & Rhubarb (Moderately strong throw, quite tart. Heavier on the rhubarb.)

SH - Cotton Candy Fluff (Fairly light, sweet), Cake Frosting (Yum - pure sugary frosting, no cake notes. Moderate throw.)

Nene's - Bodacious Blueberry (OK - who turned me on to this one? Fabulous! Very powerful, sweet blueberry scent. This one lasted longer than my typical Nene's.)

Kountry At Heart - Country Bumpkin (Didn't smell much)

Have a good night, all!

Gail--great avatar.

Sweet&spicey--no, the graupel missed us as far as I could tell. I had never heard of such a thing--must not be too common or else they don't usually give the name.

I was out all day yesterday--had on Mainstays Sweet Pea last evening--thought I had lit the peach and mango one and after awhile I was wondering why it smelled so weird. Well, it was sweet pea so that was the problem.

This morning it is BBW Fresh Picked Cherries.

Have a great day, everyone.

Good morning!

I'm looking for a new pair of sunglasses. My old pair has a scratch and they just aren't stylish looking anymore.

Does anyone have Coach sunglasses? How are they? I have a pair of Coach frames for my regular eyeglasses and I absolutely love them even though I hate wearing glasses. My optometrist yelled at me last time because I am constantly wearing my contacts. I never thought I'd love my glasses so much but I do. They look great! Anyway, since the regular Coach glasses look great on me, I'm thinking their sunglasses will also look great on me. I'm thinking of asking DH to get me a pair sunglasses for Mother's Day/our 9th Anniversary. He almost flipped his lid when I told him how much the vision ones cost but the sunglasses are a lot less. Telling him that the optometrist told me I could ruin my eyes from constant wearing of contacts eased the lid flipping...LOL.

CFTKR Tarts:

Cotton Candy Frosting

Black Cherry Party Cake

YC Candles:

Banana Cream Pie jar

Storm Watch votive (ick...gotta get rid of this one).

Just started OMG fudge brownie. I don't generally like chocolate scents, so we'll see.

Earlier it was Olde Primitive Treasures vanilla sugar waffle cone. It's a yummy scent but very light.

I put on Kims 'Fruit Loops' before my nap, and I could NOT smell a thing! Nada, even though I was only 5 feet from the melter!

I just got up and WHAM! I got smacked with a wall of fragrance in the hallway! Tne scent must have gotten stuck in a draft from the AC, and blown out this way. Wacky, that's never happened before, and I have had a melter in this exact spot for YEARS!

The upside is that my hallway and hall bathroom smell fantastic!

Trep, thanks re my avatar.

I'm melting CCCC Strawberry Watermelon. My oh my, is this one fantastic! Why, yes it is, yes it is indeed! :hearts_tr:

Gail

I am burning God Bless America from YC. Its a beautiful red color with a flag and the statue of Liberty on the label. I think the scent is Macintosh, which is one of my favorites, but I wanted to burn it in honor of all that is going on these past 2 days!

Debbie

just checking in...hope all is well...my mom fell and broke her upper humerus bone so I am leaving Thursday. to stay with her for a week or so. I have been melting Chergui sugar, and vanilla lace wedding cake from Luna Bleu. The sun is finally peeking out this afternoon. Have a good day everyone.

Katz--so sorry about your mom--I am sure she will be glad to have your company and help. I hope she heals quickly.

I have been out all day--buying wax if you must know. Ha!! Like that would shock anyone. I got some Bahama Breeze and Cherry Lemonade tealights at Yankee and some candles at BBW plus some soap and hand sanitizer. Had a great time. The weather was absolutely perfect today for the first time in about 10 days so I splurged. [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack Hope you all had a good day too.

I'm melting Scentsations 'Crispy Apples' and it smells awesome. I love this scent - just like freshly cut granny smith apples. I'm about to light a small Glade jar candle, as part of my May 'use it up plan'. This one is a 2-in-1 of 'moonlit walk' and 'wandering stream' and these are two of my favorites. I think the candle smells a bit like a nice men's cologne, strong but not overpowering.

Just started:

LS Let Them Eat Cake

Dabba - what did U think of that one? I liked Cozy Cottage's version of that, so ordered LS version to compare, but the cold sniff on theirs smells really perfume-y to me. What's it like melted? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Katz - awwwww....sorry to hear your mom had a fall and broke her arm. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] It'll be really nice for her to have U there to help.

Puppy - your new avatar is beautful! Is that a pic U took? I can't make out what flowers those are - roses? I squinted, but it didn't help. [smilie=th_foolish1]

I'm melting LS Oatmeal Raisin Shortbread. Yummmmo! [smilie=th_smilies-2] PI's Oatmeal Cookie had always been my fave in this category, but....I dunno....I may just have a new fave! [smilie=th_cc15]

Oh Katz, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's broken arm. :( I sure hope she has a speedy recovery!

Sweet, [smilie=thank_you] re my avatar. Yes, I took the photo but I'm sorry you had to squint. [smilie=th_fear8] It's a crape myrtle. If you're not familiar with 'em, they're not fragrant like roses but they bloom for a long time, months and months. They like loads of sun and heat.

I'm spending the evening with Holly Candle Shoppe's Papaya Mango again. We two are developing a lovely little relationship. I could say to Miss Mango, "We have to stop meeting like this," but I don't think we do. And I don't want to, nope. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Have a restful night, friends.

Gail