The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Sounds like everyone had a great 4th of July!!

Congrats Gail on 43 years.....Happy Anniversary!

Tonight it's Lessie's Cinnamon Rolls from Can-Do! [smilie=th_200911025310]

Happy Tuesday!

Melting

Skeleton Cook-keys from my Spotted Hog loot. Wanted to try this one for a while...love all of Tarrah's Halloween scents! Not very summery but I love my bakery all the time!!!

Growing up my dog used to get so upset by the fireworks (and thunder) that she needed tranquilizers from the vet to calm down...otherwise she would hide under the basement stairs and eat the wood from the stairs and claw the cement. It was so terrible. Thank goodness the little one I have now doesn't seem to be bothered by fireworks or thunder!

[smilie=th_200911025310]

Yep, it's hot here too! 72856.gif

Can-Do ~ Key Lime Pie

CFTKR ~ Fresh Picked Strawberry & Watermelon

sSig_hihihi.gif

Just popping in to say hi and hello. hi11.gif

Hope everyone is off to a good start in July.smiley_dancehappy.gif

PUPPY!!! We have the same anniversary! We celebrated 32 years on July 3.

Belated happy anniversary wishes to you and your husband. happy-anniversary-055.gif

I've been working so much that I haven't been melting much lately. So glad to be back to my regular part time work schedule.

Melting LOL Creme Brulee Milk Shake and FM Caribbean Queen....

Have a great day all!

dance.gif

Hey, y'all. I hope everyone has a nice long weekend. It's hot and humid here again.. We whipped up some Vanilla home-made ice cream. Nectar of the Gods...It tasted heavenly. Also, made some chocolate truffle brownies. Life is good ...

I have just started melting my first time order with Backroad Hobbies. It is Twilight Woods and I like what I am smelling so far. Lisa sent lots of freebies and I am anxious to start melting my newest order of tarts and votives.

Sweet, wow, fireworks after midnight? Yowza, that's late! I enjoy fireworks but would rather not have them because they scare so many of the dogs and cats half to death. I hear they're actually illegal in England because of the issues they cause for pets. Don't know if that's true or not though...

Gail

Welp, they are illegal here. Where they buy them, people just sign a paper saying they won't put em off here, but then ignore it. [smilie=th_dd5] There are so many people doing fireworks, the police couldn't keep up, so they really don't even try any more. MaggieMae - my first dog was the same as yours w/fireworks and storms, had to give her tranquilizers she shook so badly. Now my sisters dog is scared, but my dog (her dog's brother) is ok. Go figure. Apparently all the fireworks weren't used up, cuz they were still going off here until after 11:00 last night. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Sharonana - happy belated anniversary! [smilie=th_200911025310]

Katz.....homemade vanilla ice cream and chocolate truffle brownies ! ?![smilie=th_cc15]

It's boiling hot here, too. :? Figured I'd go back to work today & get to cool off, but the AC was't working properly there. [smilie=th_Hello_] Thought I might not have to plug the melter in :P , but I did. I'm melting Can-Do's Donna's Dinner Rolls, from a CF friend. [smilie=th_sml29] Making me hungry..... [smilie=th_u51]

Hi everyone. It's super hot here. My car registered between 100 - 108 throughout the day. I came home to the surprise that there was a power surge late in the day thus the house's temperature went from a nice 74 to 85 in an hour. Now it's taking hours for the central air to catch up.

I just started melting Carol's Banana Zucchini Bread and my mood is improving fast.

It finally got hot out here! From 70 degrees yesterday to almost 100 this Thursday. Aren't we supposed to ease into it slooooowly?

Today is Caterpillar's Washington Woodlands (it reminds me of Aspen Winter)

Wow, lots of really hot weather around the gold ol' USA. Stay cool, friends!

Debra, did you kitty recover and come out from behind the toilet? Poor baby.

Cbgirl, thanks for the congrats.

Sharon, thanks to you too. How amazing that we have the same anniversary! [smilie=th_Hello_] Big congrats to you on your 32nd!

Katz, would you adopt me, please? I want some homemade vanilla ice cream and chocolate truffle brownies! [smilie=th_200911025310]

Sweet, fireworks are illegal here too, and not sold anywhere for miles around. But the cities can do shows and such. They are very pretty and fun, but oh-so-scary to the furkids.

I got a lot of mileage out of Candle Dippers' Garden of Eden. Half the day yesterday, all day long today. Now it's Slatkin's Strawberry Patch. I never seem to tire of this one. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Gail

Sharonana~ Happy Anniversary!!! [smilie=th_Hello_]

Today was brutal....105....I haven't seen temps like this since I was a kid... [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Melting:

Blueberry White Cake from CFTKR...yummy!

Have a nice night all! [smilie=th_200911025310]

[smilie=th_Hello_] everyone

Had a not so good day yesterday, drama going on [smilie=th_sad2hz1] and melted a tart right away when i got home and suddenly it was so nice and comforting, felt a little relieve. Who would have thought melting tarts could be so comforting in that sense. It was nice. Well all is alright, keep thinking positive and do what you can do as i try to keep in mind. [smilie=th_sml29]

Anyways... today was HOT and SWEATY when on my way home from work. Exhausted, tired and frustrated at the hot weather. [smilie=th_u51] Then got home, turn on the AC [smilie=th_dd5] and started melted some tarts. ahhhh.... all better!!! Hee Hee!!

Melted earlier YC tropical fruit- sweet but not my fav i must admit.

Still melting and going strong CFTKR melon mist- this one smell soooo awesome, the type of melon scent i love!!! this one has to be one of my fav now. [smilie=th_cc15]

Hope you all have a [smilie=th_200911025310]

Hey Everyone!!!

LLVV is so right! It has been brutally hot here and humid as well. Trying to lay in my pool everyday but 45 minutes is about the limit, even jumping in and out its just too freakin hot.

Having a great relaxing vacation. DH and I went to see the new Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz movie, Knight and Day the other morning, I usually don't like Tommy boy, but it was really very good. Today DD and I will hit the mall for a bit after her soccer practice. Tonight back to the DVR marathon. We are switching from Dish to Cable...and we have about 50 hours of shows we have to watch before the installation. I don't think we are gonna make it...but we are trying.

Sharonana, Happy Belated Anniversary my friend...

Hope you all have a wonderful day, stay cool!!!!

I'm off to a good start this morning with:

Colonial votives - Orangeflower & Musk

Cozy Cottage - Lemon Pound Cake

CYS - Baked Lemon Vanilla

33745.gif Another hot day.....I'm melting! 33745.gif Ha Ha!

Nene's Cake Batter is the scent of the day at our house!

Hope you have a better day today SweetTart

Hi everyone. I'm melting: Tempst by Bridgewater

Burning: blackberry patch by Belle Aurora

Votive: Twlight Lavender by Mylingy's Purrfect Candles

Susan

Hi Everyone!

I can't stand being this busy. Lots of erreands to catch up on. I will be home later today and maybe I can turn my melters on. I really miss it. I wish it wasn't so hot here. It is going to be another 100+ degree day.

My DS is comong home from his cross country trip tomorrow. He is going to start his job on Monday. He will be moving into the city on Saturday. I will really miss him. He might be working 7 dsys a week so I don't expect to see him for the rest of the summer.

When your kids get older summers are not what they used to be. My pool goes unused and the house is empty. You can tell I am feeling sorry for myself. I really need to go relax and melt and I will feel better.

:lol:

Hello everyone!

Sweettart - I hope that you have a much better day today!

Silly - Be sure to go into Yankee. I was just there an hour ago and they have all of the fall accessories plus a few extras that aren't online. No new treasures yet but lots of fall goodies! I went nuts and got all of the new glass burners.

Today I'm melting Carol's Best Friends (soooo berry berry good) in my new autumn fruit glass tart burner from Yankee! Ooooh...it's so perfect and it's not online yet!! I zoomed in on it as soon as I walked in the door.

Michele, I know exactly how you are feeling! Teenage Dabba has barely been home this summer. It seems like she just comes in to change clothes, and then she's off with another friend!

Recent melts:

YC vanilla cupcake

Tara's candle cottage...celtic moonspice...really good

YC vanilla sandalwood...love this, but it is discontinued and was only sold at BB&B

Hi all,

Busy morning here. I'm back to my walking and weights after getting my sister settled into her new house. Routine is a good thing sometimes. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

I'm melting SSS Monkey Farts. Banana and coconut. :lol:

Candlelove and SweetTart, I hope you both feel better quick!

Gail