The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Hi all! Been very busy lately and it's been so hot here the past few days! UGH! 101 in the beginnig of July doesn't bode well for the rest of the summer - going to be a scorcher this year I think. :)

Currently melting:

K - Almond Cookie - YC - A very nice scent actually

LR - Bird of Paradise - Can-Do - A nice scent but I wish it was stronger

BR - Sugared Raspberry Violets - Blue Gecko - A favorite

Bathroom - Rose of Morocco - YC - Not getting much out of this elderly tart

HELLO!!! [smilie=th_31]

Melting Crosscreek Strawberry Noel Cookies and it sooo good!!!:)

At cold sniff, i didnt realy smell the cookie part [smilie=th_cha60] but when i melt it, i could smell like a hint of cookie doughyness to it, not too much but just right. The throw is strong and soooo yummy good. :oops:

Luv this scent! This is a keeper. :P

Melting CYS - Apricot Praline Cake YUMMERS

Good Morning!

I really appreciated everyone's comforting words.

Trep-Glad to hear your dad is feeling better.

Overnight BR melt was CFTKR Vanilla Lime and this morning I am melting CCCC Storm Watch.

I have an old college friend and her husband coming this afternoon for a visit and dinner. I think we will have lots to catch up on and some good laughs!

:)

I tried Yankee's new Spiced Orange first thing this morning but had to dump it fast-didn't like it at all. Then I tried the new Cranberry Orange which is OK but not a re buy. I am not a spice/bakery gal so I am not surprised I didn't like these. Will be out all day so will do something tried and true when I return.

Recent melts:

Can-Do - Banana Island, Banana

CFTKR - Patchouli Honey

AMS - Black Linen Amber

Currently melting CFTKR - Mid Summer Night

Burning BBW - Lemongrass Cardamon

Good morning..

I spent yesterday in Zionsville, IN lunching and touring the Nancy Noel studio with special friends. It was a great place to eat and her studio is an old church that has been renovated to house many of her art works and cafe. A beautiful place and Nancy's paintings are absolutely breathtaking.

I am getting ready to melt Backroad Hobbies, Fig-Henry Bendel Type. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I need to play catch up today.

Well, I know you're a bakery gal so I'd recommend Pumpkin Pie, Fried Ice Cream and Banana Nut Bread. I melted Cappucino yesterday morning and loved it! A true coffee scent, not bitter and not as sweet as their Mochadoodle. I haven't melted Eggnog yet, but cold sniff is spot on. It's so fun getting a chance to smell some of the oldies!

Thanks mpfand...they sound scrumptious! [smilie=th_cha60]

Bigred - I heard the Farmer's Almanac is predicting an early, long fall season. I'm sooooo hoping they're right! :oops:

Katz - That sounds like such a fantastic day! I'm a big fan of Nancy Noel's artwork - just beautiful!

I'm melting Nene's Fall Festival. Got a bag of this last autumn cuz I really liked it :) , and it's just as good as I remember. [smilie=th_31]

edited for wrong scent name :P

Trep...glad your father has recovered!

Twinsmom...hate to tell you this, but the only thing between Columbia and hell is a screen door :) You will still love it!

Recent melts:

YC sweet strawberry...really good

YC lemon lavender...really good

Just started:

YC rhubarb plum

Haley's lemon pound cake

HELLLLOOOO all!!! :oops:

Luv this scent! This is a keeper. :P

Julestones- thats cool you felt the same. awesome. :)

Trep- I was cruising around the forum here at candlefind and came across the "birthday wishes" posts and saw that your bday is 2 days after mine. cool. Go Sagittarius!! Hee Hee!!

and I'm not a spicey/bakery scent grl either. Like fruity bakery more. [smilie=th_cha60]

Melting....

YC Evening Primrose in LV- not a strong shot of floral and mellow scent, its not bad.

Crosscreek Blood Orange- it kinda have a clean scent to it, like an orange clean scent. i like it but didnt expect for it to have a clean scenty smell to it... kinda like pine sol. lol

Enjoy your weekend everyone!! [smilie=th_31]

Trep, I'm so glad to hear your dad's doing better.

Denny, I've missed ya. Good to see you back with us. [smilie=th_31]

Katz, that sounds like a fabulous day!

Candlelove, enjoy your visit with friends.

I'm sooo behind on everything around here. Too much playin' not enough chore-doin'. :oops: I've got friends from Iowa coming in a week, plus other things going on, so I have really got to hop to it! :) To get me in the cleaning mood, I'm melting the fantastic Laundered Linens from BG. It's working. I've been a busy little bee. But I think I probably need a dozen of these gems to keep me motivated. [smilie=th_cha60]

Have a terrific weekend, everyone!

Gail... bzzzz... bzzzz

Hi All!

Been watching Hitchcock all morning with the kids. We finally have some rain...hope it cuts the heat down some. [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign0009]

Melting Snickerdoodle Latte from Snickerdoodle Creations...it was so yummy but only lasted 4 hours. That's ok but I think I've been spoiled lately by Spotted Hog which lasts ALL day for me.

Have a nice one... :)

Hi everyone! I've been stuck melting Jarpot Candle's YC dupe~ Clean Cotton. I think it's time for a change... maybe Paradise by Spotted Hog. :)

Sweet Tart--hey, that's great--makes us twins, right? Hee Hee

Just got home and have put Yankee Autumn Fruit on--love this one. I got the cutest little tealight holder at Yankee today--it has apples and grapes on it and looks like a wooden wagon. Love it.

Hi all! Currently melting:

K - Cranberry Fig - CYS - Awesome scent but it seems to smell more like strawberry than cranberry - even DP said so.

LR - Heaven Sent - EW - A nice fresh scent

BR - Summer Showers - CBV - Another awesome scent from CBV - a new favorite!

Bath - Violet Dreams - EW - A favorite

Well - this story is not for the faint of heart -

We came home in the 96 degree weather yesterday, opened the door and EWWW. I did not know anything could smell that bad! What in the world? (Of course DH blamed the cats...)

Sniffing around, with trepidation I might add, it appeared that the smell was coming out of the outlets on one wall. Dead critters in the wall, baking in the heat! They sure won't make a tart of that one, I can promise. :)

Anywho - I was the hero - all family members present strongly urged me to get out candles and melts and crank them up. Actually, they really helped more than I expected they would.

Cheryl's - Cougar and later her Amazon in one room, and Smokey Mountain's Lemongrass Sage at the scene of the crime.

Dabba you are so funny about the comparison to Hell and Columbia. It is very hot here but the humidity does not seem as bad as Florida. I agree in time my family and I will love it here. We still feel a little lost.

Tonight I'm melting from Kim's Cinnamon Crunch Cake and I love it.

This evening I lit Jamacian ginger and grapefruit from CBV- love this scent, it's clean and fresh with the zip of grapefruit.

Debra said:

Anyhow - I was the hero - all family members present strongly urged me to get out candles and melts and crank them up. Actually, they really helped more than I expected they would.

Debra, I sure hope it won't be too expensive to get the dearly departed rodents removed. It sounds just awful! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] I have to say that, as much flack as I take from my family about all the wax I hoard, I am the first person they come running to when there is an odor emergency!

Burning YC Coconut Bay, wishing I could climb into the scene pictured on the front of the candle!