The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Your quite welcome Sweet..I will give it another go on a different day and see if less is more... :oops: I just wish it smelled like the cold sniff. I wonder why that happens?

This lovely morning I am melting

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch from Carol..STRONG.

Croquembouche from Pink Flower

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Good morning everyone! Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. We really appreciate them. We still don't know which particular type of cancer it is, but I've been doing lots of research for him and I'm so hoping that this is coming from his colon or oddly enough his breast. Those would be the best case scenarios for him. So, I'm holding on to this hope that he'll get to spend lots more time with my mom and get to see DD grow up a bit. I'll do everything I can to get him to see the top oncologist subexperts in whatever his particular type of cancer is that work in NYC even if I have to bring him kicking and screaming through the Midtown Tunnel to get off of Long Island. Even if this is metastic which is what the MRI said, sometimes experts can extend life by years and even decades much better than your local non-subspecialty oncologist can. Right now he and my mom are taking things day by day and whenever they feel down they ask to see DD because she always cheers them up. By this time next week, I think we'll know a lot better what he's dealing with in terms of cancer type, stage, treatment, and prognosis.

I've been melting because it keeps my mind away from Google and it make me happy.

This morning I'm melting Angel Fantasty Cake and Sweet Coffee Cream which are new scents from Carol. Both are fantastic!

LLVV, thanks for the update. I'm sure all your CF buddies have been thinking about you and your dad. We'll be hoping and praying right along with you that everything goes very well. [smilie=th_cha40] One can never know, despite the doctors' great knowledge. Years ago, my dad was given two days and he lived for over a year, was able to watch my daughter graduate high school, etc. Keep the faith! I will too!

My little girls aren't here yet, but I'm melting Can-Do's Coco Mint Frost. You guys know how much I love this, right? [smilie=iagree] I find myself inhaling deeply and saying "ahhhhh" to the dog this morning! :oops:

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends.

Gail

LLVV- oh no! im so sorry to hear that. :cry: I wish you, ur dad and the whole family the best out of this unfortunate situation. Prayers and blessing to you and your whole family....isnt it awesome how melting tarts like that calm us dwn? good to hear that you and trying family is trying to stay strong. Keep melting those yummy scents girl if its helping you out!

trep- that is some trick you got there for the tarts to last that long. Thats freakin awesome. :oops:

PuppyLove- that sounds fun you hosting a sleepover with your granddaughters. Just the 2 of them shoud be a nice relaxing sleepover rite? cuz if its like a party of 10 little ones, that would be a funny crazy style time. Hee Hee!! Dats cute that they are into tarts like that, no body here at home i know is not as interested as i am. [smilie=iagree] But glad i found and have you all to talk and share with. [smilie=th_cha40]

Well place an order with FM and super excited especialy with the free shipping thing! Cant wait to try them out. Last nite, me and fiance went to this dinner and tournament show where they made it like the medieval times. Not sure if you guys are familar with it but its call the Medieval Times. It was super fun, great food where you have to eat with your hands (guess they want to make it like how it was back in the days) and cheer for the team color that you are assign too. They even talk like how they would too with live horses they rode on. Had alota fun! If you guys have one around your place, check it out! :P

Melting CFTKR Sinfully Hot (freebie)- smell just like the BigRed gum, cinnamony and pepperminty. Lol.

Happy melting everyone!

LLVV--thank you for the update. Hang in there--they are making strides everyday with cancer and hopefully it is not as bad as it seems right now.

Olive--sorry to hear what your dad has been going through. I will pray for him and your family, also.

Just home from the mall--I have started Yankee Macintosh in a tart and will start my new large two wick jar in the same scent that I got today in a minute.

Have a great night everyone.

trep, YC Macintosh is a classic! I love apple scents! 003.gif

LLVV, thinking of you

Olive, sure miss seeing you here...prayers for your Dad

I've got a candle burning now...Slatkins Pineapple Mango....smells incredible!

LLVV - my thoughts to you, your family and your father. Cancer is a tough battle and I wish your father the best of luck in his fight. I lost my mother in April from a two and half year struggle with cancer.

Melting a mix of CFTKR Caramelized Apple Praline and Grandma's Cupboard. Both tarts still had a little bit of scent after being melted separately, but smell pretty good together.