The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Trep: I'm glad your Dad is doing well. I bet that was such a scary time for you and your family.

We are currently getting a nice shower and the "cold" front will be moving through. I can't take this dang humidity.

I am melting Bella Candles nTarts-Hippy Woodstock, which is a great scent by the way.

Have a great evening everyone.

Trep...I am so sorry to hear about that terrible time but am so GLAD your Dad is doing better...how frightening!!! ;)

Dabba~ I think I'm having the same problem with the tarts lasting...

Melting:

Monkey Burps from CHC

and Cotton Candy from EW

Michele~ I think you need this... ;) I am sorry you are feeling down and then the fraud on top of everything! Life sure can throw things at you ALL AT ONCE!!! Tomorrow has to be a better day!!! ;)

Sweettart~ I hope tomorrow is better for you as well!!! [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

[smilie=th_blij31-1] [smilie=group_hug] Geez, 'stuff' always seems to happen one thing on top of another [smilie=th_cray] and that gets us down. Try & get a good nights rest tonight and have sweet dreams. [smilie=thzzz003]

Trep - I was wondering where U were and was hoping you were having a nice, relaxing vacation. I'm so sorry to hear your dad was ill, but am so glad he's doing better now. [smilie=th_insane]

Jules - I like Judy's Hartford Hideway. What's Cape Cod smell like? Me, being me, :P the first thing I thought of was....fishies. And it just couldn't smell like that. :lol: [smilie=th_welcome]

Katz - Yay....bring on the cold front! :cry: Should be to me by tomorrow, then it'll be on it's way to the east coast to give everyone a break from the heat.

I'm melting Can-Do's Very Vanilla.

Hey everyone!!!

Thanx MaggieMae and sweet&spicey... Im goodie-good now.

Candlelove- girl, i know what you are going through with the fraud checking account thingy becuz i went through a similar situation a couple of years ago. Had my wallet stolen and wasn't aware of it til i was at lunch at work! [smilie=th_th1ptgno] Then had charges up to $1000 on my credit card account. I was so upset and sad that i cried while talking to my bank on the phone. Reported it, sent a letter and file a police report with it to try to resolve as much as i can on my part. Took more then a month to resolve but it got resolve and credit back to me. thank goodness. Hope it will turn out ok for you. Good luck..

Trep- awww poor your dad, that is sad... but that is great news that he is fully recovered now!! Yey!!

Dabba and MaggieMae- well i been having the ac blasting everyday lately and haven't had a problem with the scent throw like that. But hope that its not the tarts with the problem for you guys...

Melting Crosscreek Blue Raspberry Icee- it seems that it started to smell good but 2 hours into melting it, it seems that it had a weird smell to it. [smilie=th_welcome] When i look i realize the glass tart bowl had soot on the bottom of it and the inside of the tart. yucky blackness. Not only that, the flame was super high even when i trim it. I just recently started using these new tealights that i have never tried before and i think that they are causing the problem. Darn new tealights.... lol. the brand that i had before this one, the store went out of business so can no longer buy them any more [smilie=th_blij31-1] and their tealights was awesome, burn clean for about 5 hrs. i guess ill be on the look out to buying another brand of tealights. ;)

YC sea harbor

Blue Gecko butterfly garden

I'm getting very little throw and staying power from my tarts. I think it's because it's so hot here, and my a/c is running constantly. ;)

Hmm here in CA its been pretty high temps,and we haven't been running the a/c at all. I am still getting a pretty goood throw in the tart warmer in the bedroom and bathroom. I havent been burning in the living room though.

Great avatar, Katz. I know that surely must be your own picture from your garden?

Sweet, Cape Cod was no fishy fishy P.U. ;) Would you believe Saltwater taffy, suntan lotion, and sea air? Yeah, it's pretty darn good too. I smelled ocean and sweetness.

Funny, I have a Lunableu tart called Frankfort Market and all I can think of is hot dogs!

It smells fabulous on cold sniff, though, so much so I don't want to melt it yet. I just keep huffing it. It's got "sweet, fruity notes, hints of precious resins, exotic florals, and coffee beans." (I looked it up [smilie=th_blij31-1])

Trep, so glad your dad is doing much better!

Melting Keylime Tortilla from Scentsy. This is from my new order that I just got today! This is a retired scent, but they brought it back (along with 19 others) for the month of July only!

Nancy....so glad your Father is doing better!! Oh My...I know that was so scary for you.

Melting Spearmint from Can-Do! This is a great one and so strong! Love it! ;)

YC ~ Early Sunrise

Nene's ~ Citrus Cilantro

trep, good to see you back...I was wondering where you were. Your dad is lucky to have such a wonderful, caring daughter. Several years ago, I actually witnessed my dad going into cardiac arrest. He was in the hospital at the time and I was visiting him. Very scary thing to see happen...

Michele, my boys are only 11 and 7 now, so our house is busy, but your post made me sad about the empty pool and house! :cry: I am giving you a cyber hug dear friend....from one Mom to another!!! [smilie=th_cray] ;)

Dabba, hugs to you too! [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Aww, heck, hugs to all the moms who miss their "babies"!!!!

[smilie=group_hug]

Our power went out last night for about 3 hours....just long enough to fry our big TV... gives us a reason to look for a new one now...this one was 11 years old. I hate being without power.... I get a little frantic.

[smilie=th_insane] Anyone else get weird when you lose power?? [smilie=th_th1ptgno] Luckily, this was only a few hours....I really hate when it's off for days and days!!!!

Denny, good to see you back [smilie=th_welcome]

I am off to bed...the tealight just went out on Early Sunrise....lol [smilie=thzzz003]

Good Morning, Finally can see the house without all the boxes. It's been very frustrating trying to get a 3,000 sq ft house into a 1,600. sq ft rental. Thankfully its only temporary until our house sells.

I'm burning candles from YC this morning in Tropical Fruit and Tutti Fruiti. I'm also trying to figure out where I get the most scent. I keep moving things around. The last couple of days it's been around 101' and I thought Florida was hot.

Have a great day everyone.

Twinsmom, the candlelight at the end of the tunnel.

melting CYS - Harmonious

Colonial - Orangeflower & Musk (more votives)

Cozy Cottage - Orange Chiffon Cake

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my dad. I am so thankful he is OK. I have been trying to catch up with all of you and what has been going on in your lives. To all with troubles--I hope things turn out as well for you as they have for me. It is so upsetting when these crises come around.

Today so far it has been Pure Integrity Peach and Yankee Orchard Pear.

Started out with French Vanilla from Scentsy, but it was very faint so I dumped it and am now melting Blackberry Bushel from Scentsy. This one is a winner!

Nancy, glad to hear your dad is OK.

Today I'm burning YC Midsummer's Night, and a mix called Hippie Hideaway: 1/2 Mountain Lake and 1/2 Patchouli. Hope everyone has a great day!

Hey Jason...that Hippie Hideaway sounds nice...what do you think?

Still the same as this morning here...only I added a Tropical Tuberose to the BR.

Melting Keylime Tortilla from Scentsy. This is from my new order that I just got today! This is a retired scent, but they brought it back (along with 19 others) for the month of July only!

Mpfand - what are some of the scents they brought out of retirement, that you'd recommend? :lol:

Melting CFTKR's Queen Cake. Sweet & yummy! :(

HELLO!!! [smilie=th_wave]

Melting Crosscreek Strawberry Noel Cookies and it sooo good!!!:(

At cold sniff, i didnt realy smell the cookie part :lol: but when i melt it, i could smell like a hint of cookie doughyness to it, not too much but just right. The throw is strong and soooo yummy good. [smilie=th_cc15]

Mpfand - what are some of the scents they brought out of retirement, that you'd recommend? :(

Well, I know you're a bakery gal so I'd recommend Pumpkin Pie, Fried Ice Cream and Banana Nut Bread. I melted Cappucino yesterday morning and loved it! A true coffee scent, not bitter and not as sweet as their Mochadoodle. I haven't melted Eggnog yet, but cold sniff is spot on. It's so fun getting a chance to smell some of the oldies!

Barbita - Hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation. dancing1.gif

I'm melting Nene's Lemon Meringue Pie. lemon.gif Very good and strong!

Tonight's scents are: Sock it to Me from Carol and New Zealand Wild Berry from Yankee.

Earlier I melted Carol's Caramel Custard and burned YC's Vanilla Coconut and Stars & Stripes.