The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Hey y'all: I've been on the run this morning. I just checking in and my package from AMs was waiting at the door for me. I promptly put on Poison Pie and it is very good and different. I smell blueberry, apples some cinn. spices. I hope everyone is doing well. My DS will be home later this afternoon. I do hope he brings my LOL to me....

Kim, I love your avatar...how's the gardens this year?bf-flowerwater.gif I planted some Cleome and wasn't sure about them, but they have really taken off and are just lovely. I've planted them in groups along with some pretty yellow snapdragons....loving the pink and yellow combination a lot. Very cottage-y. 1he.gif

crazy4scents, bakery scents are some of my faves!

LLVV, I had a leather scented tart one time and thought it was heinous! groan.gif

Just added Lessie's Coco-Mint Frost to the mix here....oh my.....this one is just so wonderful and perfect. happy023.gif

Heinous, Aria? :shock: Oh my. I like most leather scents. It's not for everybody.

Been melting CYS - Americana all day. May I just say:

[smilie=th_1_bigone110] [smilie=th_a136] and :lol: It's red apples, blueberries and vanilla bean noel. TDF I only got the one to try, but I need more.

:) my current CYS stash is apparently bottomless. sheesh, I must have been on a tart bender when I ordered last.

Finishing up my LOL Dole Whip jar and

putting on another melt for the kitchen - SH Caribbean Strawberry

Jules--tart benders are something I know way too much about. Hee Hee

On this horridly hot and humid day I have on Christmas Cookie from Crosscreek--trying to pretend it is not so hot outside but it isn't really working.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

Puppy - I wanted to try quite a few scents when I ordered from HOS and the cheapest way to try only 1 of something was to get 1 votive. They've now added the option of ordering single tarts....yay! [smilie=th_a136] Or, maybe I should say...ut...oh! :lol: The weather is just too hot to burn candles right now, so I'm chopping em up and melting em.

Sweet, thanks for the explanation. Makes perfect sense. And how nice that HOS sells singles now!

Katz, I hope your DS has a terrific little - or BIG - package for you!

Aria, "heinous" = [smilie=th_1_bigone110] I love Cleome too! Almost as much as Coco Mint Frost! :shock:

I've been melting CCCC's Jungle Love. I'm not getting much from this one, but it might be because we have the central air on plus every ceiling fan in the house is going full blast. I'll have to order this one again to give it a fair shake. Anything to justify a reorder, right? RIGHT?? :)

Gail, sweltering

Puppy - Geez, if you have both your AC and fans going & you're still hot, it must be boiling hot! :shock: What are your daytime high's getting to? [smilie=th_a136]

Aria - have any luck in your new tv search? Mine died last fall and I hadn't replaced a tv in about 25 years. I luv these larger flat screen tv's! :)

LLVV - glad U mentioned Carol's sale. Now I know why there wasn't anything left when I checked it last evening. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Melting CFTKR's Key Lime Pie. Mmm...mmmm...good!

movie time from nene

Oh Maggie...that sounds like a keeper....gotta look it up! I think I "need" to order from Nene...it's been tooooo long! [smilie=th_thConfus_55] Can't remember the last time I ordered...

Aria~ [smilie=th_smilies-2] OH YES>>>I am in LOVE with those cuttables!!! The scent seems to last and last and last!! But I must admit, lately I am throwing the entire thing in the electric warmer!!!

They are still going strong!

Melting Watermelon Patch from Scentsy. Expecting a heat wave this week-end with 112 for the high. It's 108 today so another few degrees doesn't seem like much to get all worked up over. For me, anything over 100 is too hot!

[smilie=th_e16]

Crazy4scents - thanx for your input about CHS. Im not sure, ill keep CHS in mind for now. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Aria and LLVV - leather scent?!?! [smilie=th_cha60] that is crazy!!! Wow!! Lol

Aria - you too funny with that doing laundry comment. [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

SweetTart~I know everyone's house is different and each person can sometimes have different results but I have been really lucky with these two vendors!
MaggieMae - I believe and agree with you on that. and i think im starting to see it too..... [smilie=th_smilies-2] [smilie=th_cry2yw3] because:

Melting Crosscreek jolly rancher green apple and kinda annoyed/irritated :? becuz lately im getting really weak scent throw from Crosscreek. :cry: In the beginning when i got my pakage, the throw was awesomely strong. but now [smilie=th_idontknow]. The cold sniffs of those smell awesome, hopefully it just those couple of tarts that are like dat. I don't want to be dissappointed because i was beginning to like her tarts.

Kim-Enjoy your son's visit. Hope he brings you some good surprises.

I really didn't care for Mookie Doodle Apache Tear Drops. It was just too strong and something in it made my eyes burn.

Tonight I am melting Bella's Watermelon Taffy and Country Chunkie Monkey Farts. Both are doing nicely but I have to say that the few tarts I have melted from Bella's have exceptional strength throw and longevity. Very pleased! I will definitely order again.

Sweet, we don't get quite as hot here as Mpfand in Vegas, but it was 103 today. I put my thermometer in full sun at 5:30PM, just to see how high it'd go. 118. [smilie=th_thConfus_55] I'm not sweltering in the house, but it's definitely toasty outside. 118 is pretty intolerable, but I do love the dry high temps. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Okay, we still have the A/C and all the fans on but I've started my second ever Slatkin candle, Summer Melon. It's not knock-your-socks-off strong but it's a lovely authentic scent that's wafting through the entire house. I'm sure having great luck so far with Slatkin. Harry just might be my new best friend. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Gail

Good Eve....catchafallingstar.gif

Lit up my pretty YC Bay Breeze jar again tonight....love the blue color and the scent is fab and relaxing.

mpfand, stay cool...I'm assuming you have a/c. 72856.gif

Maggie, an entire cuttable?!!! Wow! Makes sense that the scent would last and last. yes.gif

sweet, thanks for asking about the tv search. The boys and I looked at some while we were out and about yesterday. However, we are waiting until DH gets home this weekend. He is on the road a lot for work. He knows way more than I do about TVs. I can't wait to get a new one....the large flat screens look so ultra modern! We are thinking of getting between a 42" and 50" screen which will be a good size for our living room. I'll keep ya updated peppiokay.gif...lol.

Gail, another Cleome fan! Is it an annual there or a perennial? I am thinking an annual here in Michigan, but I've heard stories of it seeding and getting out of control and taking over! Yikes! omg.gif

Jules, putting Americana on my CYS wish list.....I think they have a sale for FB fans right now. Disco_Fever_Dance_Inferno.gif

Well, my package from Carol arrived late this afternoon....haven't had the chance to open it yet....will wait 'til the kiddos are asleep....so I can huff in peace and without distraction...ththlaughter.gif

toodlepeeps.gif

Hello!

...passing out reading the temperature by you MP. 112....aaaahhhh! It's been so hot here on LI and then add in the humidity and I don't want to go outside. Your electricity bill must be off the wall.

YC gladly took back Leather (still feel like barfing just thinking about it) and Autumn Lodge. The clerk at YC smelled the Leather candle and just watching her do that made me cringe. I hope I don't have nightmares about this candle tonight. Never in my life has a candle ever insulted my nose so much.

I'm babying my nose tonight and melting Carol's awesome Blueberry Cheesecake Torte. Ahhhhh...that's more like it says my nose.

Good Morning, Starting my day out with YC Be Thankful and YC Apple Cider. I got the Apple Cider from the semi-annual sale and I'm not getting any throw on this one at all. the first burn I could smell it but today I'm getting nothing. Also melting the rest of Banana Nut Bread from Kim's.

Have a great day!

Wave.gif Good morning...

Melting a piece of one of Carol's adorable party cake cuttables - Fresh Picked Strawberries

Need more coffee....

A "peice" of cuttable you say, Aria? That's probably the way it was intended, eh? [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Strawberries sound great!

SweetTart~ That stinks that your having bad luck with your latest stash! I hope some of the rest are better! That has happened to me with almost every vendor... [smilie=th_yourock] I'll get a rogue batch out of nowhere.....I don't know if it is the tarts, my nose, my house or what but it's so disappointing when you can't smell it!!!

Melting:

Kheer from Pink Flower Scents...not for me.

Bayleaf & Pepper from Busy Bee

Good morning!

Aria, I'm with you on needing more coffee. Iced. Vanilla. What my sister calls "sissy la-la coffee." [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Cleome is an annual here, I think. Very free seeding, yes, but never a problem in my experience. Love it!

Mpfand, how ya doing up there in this oven? Is it too hot for me to give you a hug? [smilie=th_yourock]

I'm melting CCCC's Luv Bug. Nice!

Gail

Good Morning!

Melting FM Keylime Frosting and FM Lime Marshmallows. Still have Bellla's Watermelon Taffy remelting from yesterday.

It looks like a beautiful day here.

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Never too hot for hugs. Thanks, Gail! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Aria, we do have a/c. Don't think I could survive here without it! [smilie=th_yourock]

LLVV, our power bill sometimes tops $300 during July and August, but it evens out since there are several months we don't need to use the heat or air. Those months the bill is around $60. We also have two a/c units; one for the upstairs and one for the downstairs so if one goes out (like it did the July DH was in Iraq) then we still have one level of the house that's comfortable! Luckily, we don't have humidity. Like Gail, I much prefer the dry high temps.

Today I'm melting Pink Vanilla Sugar from Bella's. Hope eveyone is having a great day!

Hi!

This morning I'm still melting Carol's Blueberry Cheesecake Torte...great blueberry scent with a touch of butter.