The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

I'm sure having great luck so far with Slatkin. Harry just might be my new best friend. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Gail

Puppy - I noticed Harry will be on QVC next Sat & Sun (the 24th & 25th) for their Christmas in July shows. I'm gonna try and watch to see if he introduces any new scents for the holiday/fall season. [smilie=th_yourock]

I'm melting a sample for CFTKR, Apple Clover. Vedy nice! Everyone stay safe, and cool as U can. [smilie=th_dd5]

Just looking at this emoti --> [smilie=th_blij51] makes me break out in a sweat. :lol:

Sweet, you are SO funny! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] That steamin' cup makes me flash. I know, I know... TMI. THANK YOU for the heads up about Harry. [smilie=th_yourock] I'm planning to watch it.

I switched to Southern Sunset from SSS. Plenty nice but Kim has others I like better.

Gail

Currently burning

LOL Vanilla Champagne in the living room / kitchen

LOL Lavender Vanilla Sandalwood in the bedroom

These are my first LOL candles and I am definitely impressed by the scents and quality. Both are burning very clean with strong throws. The little candle in the tin is making the entire living room and kitchen smell absolutely delicious!

I got my Busy Bee order today and ordered some of her palm wax tarts in Pink Fairy Dust and Fresh Linen. I am burning the Fresh Linen now and it is throwing like crazy. Smells really pretty.

trix - don'tcha love BB? I have asked them to try and dupe an old melt from an out of business company - bet they can do it!

LL - I hear ya about the leather - You may remember that Scentsy has their "Bring Back" month for their old retired scents, Leather being one you could now order. Last I heard, Leather was the big seller. :lol:

Today is CD - Scandalous. I really like it - so I bet it is no longer available...LOL! Time to go see.

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Puppylove - I Loooove Slatkin candles!!! My all time fav actually. and i love it when they have the $10 sale at BBW on the 3 wick ones and then ill use the coupon for $10 off of $30 purchase that you can get on your receipt after you call in to do a review on them and get a code. Love that coupon, you can almost alway get it on your receipt and they never expired.

YC gladly took back Leather (still feel like barfing just thinking about it) and Autumn Lodge. The clerk at YC smelled the Leather candle and just watching her do that made me cringe. I hope I don't have nightmares about this candle tonight. Never in my life has a candle ever insulted my nose so much.

LLVV - you too funny!! [smilie=th_funny]

Cinnamonkitty - Never tried LOL either, but thinking of trying it but not sure it will have a strong scent throw. Thanx for your input on it. makes me wana try.:lol:

SweetTart~ That stinks that your having bad luck with your latest stash! I hope some of the rest are better! That has happened to me with almost every vendor... [smilie=th_cray] I'll get a rogue batch out of nowhere.....I don't know if it is the tarts, my nose, my house or what but it's so disappointing when you can't smell it!!!

Maggiemae - Oh! you also experience that too?!?! and with almost evry vendor? well its reassuring to know im not jus crazy by myself experiencing this and with one of the popular vendor too. Lol. Well i guess like you sed everyone results is diff. Thats why there's trial and error to find out what will suit YOU best rite? [smilie=th_pardon]

Well, i finally order from Country Home Scent!! They are just so pretty and sound so yummy and smelly gewd, so decided to go for it on etsy!! Hee Hee!! [smilie=th_excited-1] can't wait to try. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Melting Crosscreek Island Fresh - I like it. smells fresh like laundry with decent throw. :P

Hope you all are staying cool [smilie=th_dd5]

Hey Sweettart! So you ordered from CHS? Great! I really hope you like them as much as me! :lol:

As far as the strength of the scents...it is so strange...I really think sometimes I just can't smell them cause I have scent overload in my nose or maybe the air current in the house it stagnant...I know sometimes an order just doesn't have it! It really can happen for many reasons so I never write off a company if a few tarts are off. There has been some discussion on this board about this and a lot of people have had good information! I really like Crosscreek myself so hopefully you will have better luck with your other tarts!

Thats why there's trial and error to find out what will suit YOU best rite?

Very true!

CinnamonKitty~ Glad to hear that you are lovin' your LOL candles! I have never tried her candles but I am dreaming of a candle with 3 of my favorite scents: Comfortably Numb, Vanilla Crack & 32 Degrees!!! I am literally dreaming of it!!! It might be time to buy it! ....OK, OK I just convinced myself and I am off to buy it!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_flucht]

Maggie-Go for it! Let me know how you like LOL candles. I have never tried them and would like to know what you think of them.

I had melting before CYS Cremesicle Fizz and am burning YC Tutti Frutti. One of Yankee's stronger throwing candles. I am burning a 2 wick tumbler. Nice scent too!

Michele~ Will do! I think I am nuts...I was "hemming and hawing" about waiting for a sale but I talked myself into getting one now!! Can NOT wait!

Hi everyone! [smilie=th_00000020]

This evening I am melting Haley's Strawberry Shortcake, and burning a YC Coconut Bay candle in the powder room. It smells delicious around here!

Good Morning, Starting my day off with Be Thankful in the kitchen from YC. In the bedroom I have Apple Cider by YC and melting Sugar Butt by Can-Do Candles. This combo is great together. After burning the Apple Cider for a couple of hours yesterday I started to get the throw that I like. I guess I was impatient.

I'm off to trim some overgrown trees in the yard before it gets too hot.

Have a great day all!

Good Morning!

I'm glad its Friday.

Today I was melting CYS French Vanilla Pear and CYS Carmelized Praline Pears. I had to turn them off after a bit because there was absolutlely no throw whatsoever. They smelled great cold but I was surprised when I melted them. Judy's tarts usually have a nice throw. The Cremesicle Fizz from yesterday was nice and strong. These tarts are from a FB sale she had a few months back. I am sure its just a fluke. I have lots more melts from that order to go through.

It is another beautiful day here but very very hot. I hope everyone has a great day! Stay cool!!

It's terrible hot and humid here, too.

I have been melting AMS-Posion Pie this mornigng. It's a is one of those scents that is kinds strange at first but it has really grown on my smeller. I have been testing AMS-Strawberry white cake. It smells wonderful. I could separate the strawberry and the cake note kinda smells like angel food cake. It's a really wonderful scent, lighter and the scent hangs in the air when you walk into the room. It will not be one that knocks you out strong, just wonderfully fresh and reminds me of being at a strawberry festival that so many places have during the summertime.