The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

417.gif Good afternoon!

Our new TV is here and I have finally cleaned up the living room. We also got a new console to put the TV on, so I had to take all the books, picture frames and what-not's off of our old entertainment center! Whew! I want to get one of those ladder type shelves to display a few items, but for now everything is packed away. Looks so much better too. I set up my new scentsy melter and am enjoying Tranquil Waters.....reeeeeally loving it a lot! The scentsy wax seems softer than paraffin. I used two cubes and it's scenting the whole 1st floor nicely!

Maggie, I really liked Queens Cake, but I think I will try a different location next time or use multiple melters like you did - great idea....thanks! icon_idea.gif Sweet Grass sounds like a nice scent....will have to check that one out.

Sweetart, time to play catch-up on CF...lol. Mother Nature deserves one of these...rollingpin.gif

OMG, did you say ribfest?! girlies0280rg9.gif Sign me up!

Anjoy, have fun with the pickles! viannen_42.gif

sillys, I sort of like thunderstorms too, but the wind is what was scary this time! fl7.gif

Thanks to all my CF friends for your concern! You guys are the best! KissBlowHeartSmiley.gif

Anjoy, I admire anyone who cans and preserves. Good to have you back posting! Grape Parfait is a goody, isn't it?

Sillys, I hope your DD's absence isn't going to be as tough on you as you think. Hmmm, I've never thought of Mimi's House as bakery. Now I've got to go re-read the description for the 17th time. :lol: Love that one!

I'm melting Can-Do-s Valarie's Vanilla Butter Fudge. Such a wonderful scent. Mouth-watering delicious, and plenty strong too. It's holding its own quite well against my fans and A/C. :oops:

Gail

So it seems you can put the pods on a standard 24 watt melter. :P I don't know if the GC warmers are quite 24 watts because mine do not include wattage info. Without that information I am unsure as to how long the scent will be dispersed on a standard melter.

Denny - thank you for the GC pod waxperiment! :oops: That's SO helpful! Now, the next time I order I won't hestitate to try some new scents in the pods. :lol: You win 10 extra enabling points for your help. :lol:

Anjoymom - [smilie=th_c61] That is some HOT work you're doing! Think of all the jars of yummy you'll have stored up & waiting for you. Brings back memories from the days when I used to can, too. I don't miss them at all. :lol:

I'm melting CFTKR's Banana Zucchini Bread.

Hey All! [smilie=th_sHellobar]

Melting Snickerdoodle's Serendipity..really lovely..it was a free bag and I'm diggin' it!

Anjoymom~ Glad to see ya! The "pickling" is so great..you must have some stockpile!!!

Sweettart~ Ribs and music....sign me up!!! That sounds great! My BIL just won first prize this weekend for his ribs! [smilie=th_confused3]

Tonight I am burning a candle. It is from LOL, a triple scented one and am on the Vanilla Easter Bunnies layer. yummy.

Well, I am done with my pickles...I chickened out and made refridgerator ones instead of the canning. Funny Sweet n Spicy.....you don't miss it......I was doubting my saneness through all of it......

Hey All! [smilie=th_sHellobar]

Sweettart~ Ribs and music....sign me up!!! That sounds great! My BIL just won first prize this weekend for his ribs! [smilie=th_confused3]

Woohoo! I hope you got to be a taster!

Tonight is Cheryl's Banana Walnut Cake. I am not big on bakery, but I'm tryin'!

You're welcome Sweet! I'm always willing and able to enable. [smilie=th_sHellobar]

This evening I'm melting Mrs Claus Cookies from Haley's. [smilie=th_confused3]

Recent melts:

Can do vanilla something...very good

YC rhubarb plum...weak...old tart

YC garden sweet pea

YC midnight jasmine...strong

If I put on a red swimsuit bottom, I may as well draw a bullseye on it, and look like the Target symbol! [smilie=th_confused3]

Good Morning everyone! 15-1.gif

Dabba, [smilie=th_confused3] you silly girl!

trep, still steamy where you are? Stay cool and comfortable girl icecubesmiley.gif

This morning I am melting Nene's Sugared Pixie Dust.....quite a lovely scent - sweet, a touch of vanilla and I smell a little bit of lemon too. I'd say this is a softer scent, not one of the stronger ones.

Have a great day! su10.gif

Anjoy: I applaud your effort for doing any type of canning or freezing, etc...My Mom used to canned and freeze everything. She used to make pickles and sauerkraut in the huge crocks. This was quite a long and involved process.

I am melting Bellas-Beignet and AMS-Head Shop votive in my bathroom.

DS made it back to Philly with no issues..Life is good.

Have a great morning my CF buddies.

Good morning! Burning the same scents as yesterday although I added Can-Do's Vanilla Bean Cookies. I LOVE this one. But it makes me hungry.

Just popping in to say [smilie=th_sHellobar] and see what everybody's smelling this morning.

We have house guests from Iowa. I'm not sure what's on the agenda, where we'll be going, or even if they like scents, so I might not get to melt much for the next few days. [smilie=th_confused3]

Stay cool and enjoy your smellies, folks!

Gail

Melting a new one from Scentsy- Citrus Sun Tea. It smells exactly like the description: "Conjuring images of porch swings and the whirring of oscillating fans on a hot summer day, Citrus Sun Tea combines Southern-style sweet tea with zesty citrus and lemongrass." Light, refreshing and a new favorite! Life is good. [smilie=th_offtobed] Have a great day, everyone!

Good afternoon! I'm sitting hear eating my lunch and starting a new order with Carol. She listed a bunch of yummy scents. If you haven't tried her Sugar Corn Pudding you have to if you like bakery scents.

I'm melting Hot Cocoa right now.

Good Afternoon All

Starting the day slowly...yet I have so much to do! My DD is driving me crazy.... [smilie=th_offtobed] Oh the wonders of motherhood...

Melting

Mookie Doodle's Violet Birthday Cake...like this..very unique.

Busy Bee's Strawberry Shortcake- yummy.

LLVV- Gonna take a peek.

Maggie, I will join you...my boys drive my crazy on a daily basis....lol. Funny, but I am moving slow today too. I have a million things to do.

mpfand, that Citrus Sun Tea sounds fantastic....making a note of it! I like lemongrass scents.

Melting Carol's Vanilla Wafer....super yummy and strong for a vanilla scent.

I want to peek at Carol's new offerings, but don't think I will. Buying the Scentsy warmer and clams pretty much blew my wax budget for a couple of weeks!

265.gif It's sprinkling here right now...have a great afternoon