The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

What's Blooming In June?

First melts of the day:

YC rhubarb plum...alltime fave, but not getting much because it's an old tart

CHC winterbery wreath...doubled up...not getting much from this either

Melting:

Orange Coconut Crunch from WnS...a favorite!!!

Hot Orange Danish from CFTKR...strong

Last night I filled the house with Piggy Munch from SH... :( That's a good-un'!!!!

Denim~ Hope your little Lulu comes home safely!! [smilie=th_catkiss]

Stay cool everyone!

Good Afternoon...

Melting Lessie's Birthday Cake from Can-Do...yummy and quite strong.

Hi everyone!

Melts for this afternoon are

CYS Americana

Nene's Pink Sugared Strawberries...really yummy!

Puppylove...If you like Slatkin's Strawberry Patch there are some on sale on the BB&W website! Just letting you know!

Swappped out scents for this evening. The Heavenly Honey was still going strong, but I wanted a change.

Full Moon - Sticks & Twigs melt

a votive assortment

LOL - Warm Savannah Nights jar

YC - LIme in the Coconut jar

Lunableu - Tuscan Nights melt

Awww....Denim, I hope LuLu comes home tonite. I've had several cats get out and I know how stressed U must be. [smilie=th_bb20] I wouldn't be surprised if he's still near your house, just in a good hiding spot. That's been the case when mine have gotten out. He's probably hungry by now, so, maybe try putting out some of his fave food and you'll be able to get him when he comes to eat.

Candlelove [smilie=th_e16] - you're back from vacay! You were missed, glad to see U. How was it 'down under'? Find any really good candles? :lol:

Melting Busy B's Banana Nut Bread. Yum Yum gimme some. :P

Yes Sweet-Got home late Monday night. Had a wonderful time "down under". Glad to be home though. Two weeks was a long time to be away. Happy that I can get into my routine again.

Tonight I am melting all from CYS -

Apricot Breezes

Pink Coco-Peach Sugar

Tropical Vanilla Bean

Puppylove...If you like Slatkin's Strawberry Patch there are some on sale on the BB&W website! Just letting you know!

[smilie=th_bb20] Skylar!

Gail

Todays melts:

Nene's - Hot Apple Pie

Kim's - 7Up Pound Cake, Oatmeal, Milk & Honey

Currently melting CFTKR - Passion Melon, Pink Sugared Watermelon

YC Honeydew Melon jar

Tarts I have melting...

YC Fruit Salad

Can-Do Very Vanilla

Hi All!

It's probably been a few years since I've actually bought a Yankee tart. A few days ago you all know that I bought 1 of all of the new scents except for Mountain Lodge. For the past few years I've been trying lots of different brands but have pretty much been exclusive to Carol for a long time. I've slowly worked my way through 6 of the new scents and I have to say...I'm not impressed. I was much more impressed with the candle cold scents than the melted tart scents. I found a lot of the notes very common among them and new scents of year's past. All in all, I'm pretty bored with them. Nothing really struck me as spectacular. I guess I'm just way too used to Carol's outstanding scents. I still love YC's for their candlelight and brilliant colors but I find their scents somewhat lacking compared to what I've smelled from Carol and from other candlemakers.

Tonight I'm on tart #6 - Maple Pancakes. Boring...smells like caramel with maybe a touch of spice. Compare this to Carol's Maple Syrup Flapjacks and Carol's tart basically knocks out YC's version and Carol's version was created long before YC's. I also melted Apple Cider earlier today and again, boring. It didn't last long and it didn't really stand out...especially for the $2 price tag. Many of the newer scents have "frosted pumpkin/fall festival" notes in them, especially Cinnamon Roll and Apple Pie (which after melting I was also disappointed in. It's cold scent had such promise). The one standout was Spiced Orange. I'd also say that Cranberry Orange is another standout but Carol's Cranberry Orange Spice is the same scent and she's offered it for years. What's strange is that the cold scent is much more like Carol's Cranberry Orange Muffin but when heated a strong spice note comes out. It was a great tart but I've already smelled the same scent for far less money and from a great lady.

Jumping off my soapbox. I am loving my YC Coconut Vanilla candle. Can't smell it but boy oh boy is it a beauty!

Thanks for the review LLVV! I was excited to try the Maple Pancakes but I won't get my hopes up...

Welcome Back Michele!!! [smilie=th_bb20]

Melting:

Dreamy Cotton from Country Home

Tranquil Sleep from FM

Madagascar Vanilla from EW

Have a good night!

Oh Denim, I sure hope LuLu comes home soon, I know you are so worried.

Melting Fun in the Sun from AMS.

Hi All!

I guess I'm just way too used to Carol's outstanding scents. I still love YC's for their candlelight and brilliant colors but I find their scents somewhat lacking compared to what I've smelled from Carol and from other candlemakers.

Hello LLVV- I agree with you about CFTKR. Before knowing about Candlefind, i thought YC were pretty good. Until i came across this site reading some of the forums from some of you is where i came across CFTKR and decided to try her out. Let me tell ya, her tarts are AWESOME. They are way stronger and i love how quick her TAT and how she is so sweet for putting in some freebies. I love CFTKR.

Right now melting her sour watermelon candy and me like it. :lol:

Gota try some others that i notice you all been melting. Goodnite everyone. [smilie=th_bb20]

Melting Candledippers - Lick me all over

Moonalisa - Chocolate Orange (it was a candle but now it's a melt)

Can do - Blackberry Croissant

strange combination of scents. I know. It's Freaky Friday.

Hey everyone!!

Had a nice day off everyone went to baby nephews graduation from Mommy n' me. Soooo cute!

Got a chance to stop yesterday at YC and get all the fall scents. I got 2 of each except for Cinnamon Roll and the Caramel one, I know I won't like those scents all ready. Also for anyone that likes BBW scent discs, they were on sale for 35 cents each yesterday.

Denim, I hope you get your little kitty home soon!

Candlelove, glad that you had a good vacation, and that your back to your smellies.

Gotta run for now, gotta catch up on work.

LLVV,thanks for the indepth review of the YC tarts. YC does have a tendency to "repackage" old scents as new or similar scents. I'm planning on placing a large order from Cartol in the fall when i complete my year's lockdown. [smilie=th_bb20]

I'm going out of town this weekend, so I am getting ready to turn the melters off.

Recent melts:

CYS viennese cake...moderate

YC kiwi berries...weak..have not had good luck with this scent

Mookie Doodle creamy pecan praline...weak

Bissy's sea salt caramel...light

I'm melting SSS's Redneck Romance. Yeah, yeah, I know Valentine's Day is over, but I'm in love. :lol:

[smilie=th_bb20] to all!

Gail

LLVV, I haven't tried all of the new YC tarts yet, but I'm so surprised you weren't impressed with Apple Pie. This is the truest apple pie scent I've tried from any vendor, including Carol (whom I LOVE!) It's more than just the apple and spice scent that most have. It has the crust, and the apple filling part is so authentic to me.

Today I'm melting Slatkin's Fresh Linen, and it's really nice. The tarts are round, but breakable, and I'm just using half, and the throw is really good. Also burning YC Beach Vacay and Bay Breeze. Hope everyone has a great day!