The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

Howdy, howdy, my peeps! [smilie=th_wave]

CSweeney, Eva is beautiful!

Katz, I've heard of Mylingy. Thanks for the review. I'm going to go visit. So sorry your computer is still giving you fits. [smilie=th_u51]

Susan, did you like that Oklahoma Rain tester? Anybody else melt it? I'm really curious to melt mine. Not sure why I haven't.

Maggie, lockdown can be pretty melodramatic! :shock:

Aria, Pared Pears sounds fantastic. Your post made me go see if it's in my recent order. It is! It is! :P

Sharon, I sure did like Can-Do's Lemongrass and Olive. It was nice from the start, but the longer it went the more I liked it. Just wonderful! Was yours from Can-Do as well? Mine took awhile to get going, which is typical for Can-Do in my house, but the throw was really good. Also, it lasted for a long time. I don't know how many hours total, but I'll guess probably around eight. Really strange how we all have different experiences, isn't it?

Today it's Cheryl's Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter. Another good one! [smilie=th_31]

Gail

I was at Yankee today and they were just unpacking the Easter accessories--cutest things I've ever seen. I got a jar holder and tealight holder but there were several other pieces to match that were SO cute. Yankee has really outdone itself this year. They feature bunnies and chicks in spring colors and there was also the cutest wire basket with 8 tealight egg cups. Loved it all.

For the evening it is Yankee Mango Peach Salsa in a tart and Vanilla Cupcake in a candle.

Trep - thanks for the heads up on the new YC items...luv those bunnies & chicks! I just checked their website and they're not on there yet. :) Sigh...

Melting CChunkies Pumpkin Cheesecake. Yummers!

good eve, all.

sounds like there is some good stuff going.

I too love sweet orange and chili pepper. I do love that little kick it has and it is a nice smelling orange.

have melted CBV biscotti and lemon vanilla heart tart combo most of the day. very yummy and long lasting. also burned Slatkin fresh lemon during its course.

cbv french apricot crumb cake burned some of this afternoon til I had to skip out to the store. very nice throw and a nice apricot.

this eve I switched over to CYS red velvet double wedding cake. maybe it is the scents I got, but so far not a whole bunch have thrown much. I don't smell this one. thinking of switching it out to something from CCCC. maybe some monster munch. love that one.

CFTKR-aspen snowdrift in the BR.(my last one and figured I'd use it up so I don't see a snowdrift labeled tart in the spring) :)

CBV-night blooming jasmine bud tart in the BR. only 1 bud will do ya'. this is a strong floral.

have been working on my geneology some tonight. I've had a rest from it for a while. figured I'd work on it a little.

have a good eve, all

All this Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper talk made me check my recent order. It's in there! :)

This evening it's the truly lovely Birthday Cake from SH.

Gail

Kim~ Good luck getting your computer fixed!

Finally the tarts from earlier have fizzled out...10 hours...darn good!

New melts for the night are LOL Sweet Potato Cupcakes and Bright Blessings Date Nut Strudel. Smells good cold...hope it is a goodie!

Night, night all! :)

trep - you are so lucky - your YC seems to be cutting edge, LOL! Ours gets new items a lot later than yours does.

Tonight is CYS - Creation and Ten Digit - Goddess.

Yes, I AM fortunate that our Yankee store gets things fairly quickly and gets them out for sale. Actually the gals opened the boxes just for me as soon as the delivery man came through the back door. It was funny--I was buying them while the assistant manager was trying to put them on display. We were all having a lot of fun with it. I didn't get to see all of the new things as I had to leave but I will check it out today. I wish they would get them online quicker. Until a few years ago I didn't have a store anywhere close and had to order online and I know that is the case with many of you. Hopefully they will be on there soon.

This morning it Yankee Simply Home Lilac Petals. Have a great day, all.

Nothing yet today, darn.

Yesterday though, I had a gambit of stuff going. CBV Coconut Cream Pie in the bedroom. I love this scent so much. I was drooling. CBV Cleopatra's Closet in the bathroom, very sexy relaxing scent and ended the night with CBV Caramelized Pralines.

Not sure what will be today, but I know I have to come home and clean up a bit around here. I was home from work yesterday, not feeling well and I did NOTHING. It shows.

Good morning.

Csweeney, it's good to have a Zappa fan in our midst.

This morning I've got Strawberries all over.

Crosscreek - Strawberry Noel

Busy Bee's - Strawberry Noel

Shorties - Strawberry (candle)

Bite me from Ashley's Soy Creations (ebay). Love this smell. Its just strong enough for the office. I don't think it would be strong enough for home. I'm going to bring all the tarts I got from her to work and use them here. this bite me smells like ambrosia with lots of cherries. A great scent!

Just checking in-I'm not melting yet but will be with yesterday's earthen oak and cracklin birch from Carol. Csweeney- We are a house of Zappa too. DH has probably everything that Frank and the band made. I'm off later to get the External HD for our computer. Have a great day.

cbv french apricot crumb cake burned some of this afternoon til I had to skip out to the store. very nice throw and a nice apricot.

Susan, you would probably love Carol's Tuscan Melon & Sweet Apricot....very apricot-y scent

Today I 've got Carol's Cake Bake melting. Yum.

Anyone else besides me get tired of tart and melter maintenance? Sometimes I just think candles are so much easier....just light it, enjoy it, and then blow it out. No digging through the stash to find the "perfect" scent, no icing melters, no monitoring tealights....yada, yada.....

I am off to do errands and perhaps a stop at YC and BBB.....

Have a great day AddEmoticons10344.gif

Pretty in Pink (SSS) in the BR...I just love this one so much! I think I'm gonna go spread some of this downstairs...

Apple Spice Goose Creek candle in K....this one is much stronger than the Vanilla but not enough for me.

Gotta go do some [smilie=th_teks0311] and then :) and go to work.

Have a good one all!!!

Barbita: Cowgirls and Pearls is a great scents. I also like Sweet Orage and Chili Pepper. Susan: Love your avatar, I'm going to attempt to change mine. I have frozen up 3 times all ready this morning. Csweeney: Eva is so beautiful. I assume this is she as your Avatar photo. Well, I think we are going to get a External Hard Drive and then maybe I can get this computer mess solved once and for all. I am melting Carol's Earthen Oak, Bellas-You Go Girl!. I got a bunch of votives from a new Etsy company yesterday. So far I have tried Nag Champa, moderate, smells good and Gift Shop- This also smells good and as votives go they are burning nicely and throwing pretty decent. The one thing I really like it the price. 3 for 1.50 and free shipping 20.00 up. The Etsy shop name is Mylingy. I think Donna is having an extra 17% off spring scents. You may want to check her out. I'll check back in as long as my computer let's me. Have a great day everyone.

Thanks for the info on the Etsy shop. I am putting in my order right now. It says free shipping for 15 and up. either way that is great!!! The prices are right and her stuff is beautiful. I hope it smells good! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Good morning!

I just started melting Carol's Blackberry Jam Zucchini Bread. So far, so good. I also have her Apples & Maple Bourbon melting downstairs.

Good Morning All!

I haven't had time to melt last couple of days. Been very busy. Finally today I was able to put on 3 scents from CYS. Judy has become one of my favorite vendors. Her scent selections are great and I just love this company. I am melting Amaretto Cream, Sugar Rush and Yellow Marshmallow Cream Cake. It is smelling great in here!

[smilie=th_teks0311]

Thanks for the info on the Ebay seller Mylingy....going to place an order for a couple dozen votives and some of her tarts [smilie=th_teks0311] She is offering free shipping if you spend 15.00....and if you guy 12 votives....they are $5/dozen...that's unheard of...can't wait to try these out :)

Good afternoon CF buddies!

Well, I am back from running around town...whew! Came home and promptly put my slippers on....heavenly.

I did stop in YC....the Easter stuff is adorable. Actually, all of the accessories and holders look so much prettier in person than they do online. The mauve flickering birds votive holders and shades are stunning. Mauve is not a color I like, but this was more of just a real tan, dusty pink shade. All the tealight holders with the little birdies are adorable and breathtaking almost. I wish I had more $$$ to spend in there. I did end up with a large jar in Tutti Frutti....had a tart in it awhile back and decided a jar would be right up my alley. Also picked up two votives and one tart. Sniffed a bunch of "rare treasures" jars and the Carrot Cake was TDF!!!! Oh my!!!!

Anyhow, so I have my new Tutti Frutti candle lit and it is already scenting the LR wonderfully!

Have a great afternoon ladies!