The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

Hi!! :)

Having a fun melting day today!! Got a yummy YC Pineapple Cilantro large jar and its been going all day...absolutely wonderful!! Also I have YC Lemon Lavender going strong in my bedroom, and in kitchen its YC Balsam and Cedar...wow its actually a YC day!!

LOL [smilie=th_teks0311]

I decided to try something new for me--fragrance oil. I got an oil warmer and some Strawberry Patch fragrance oil at BBW and I am loving it. The gal there told me to put one tablespoon of canola oil and 5-6 drops of the fragrance oil in and that it would work great so that is what I did. I knew from some of you on here that you could use coconut oil but I didn't know canola would work but it sure does--no smoke or anything. At any rate I am enjoying it. Have great night.

[smilie=th_e16] wax buddies! Melting SH's Honey Graham Cracker Supreme. Luv this scent! [smilie=th_LOVE] To me, it smells just like Busy B's Honey Ginger. [smilie=th_teks0311]

Very true Sweet! I just got some Honey Ginger tarts in from Busy Bee and they do smell like SH's. Love them both! YUMMY!

Melting: Agave Lime from Candledippers in the FR

Lime Cilantro from Busy Bee in LR and K

Oh dear...that Lime Cilantro was way too strong for me! I had to turn it off for something else. Well, it is really saying something if a brand new tart is too strong. WOW. Changed them up for CYS Maimi!!!

:)

I haven't seen Jason on here in awhle. Hope he's ok and has just been busy.

I'm melting Sugar downstairs and Berry Blush upstairs, both from Scentsy. They're meeting about halfway and are absolutely delicious together.

Hi!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Coconut Cream Pie....yummy! I'm burning YC's Berry Jam.

DD's friend told me today (in a good way) that my house always smells like cinnamon because of all of the candles. I let her smell my collection one by one. She's hooked.

LL - my house must smell like cinnamon too, I sent a package to my son and he opened it and thought I had sent him candles! And that I had lost my mind sending him some, LOL! It was just the "room scent" clinging to the items I mailed him.

Today's scent has been YC Vera Cuz Vanilla.

Good morning....gotta get the kiddos off to school...

It's going to be a beauty today....nice and sunny.

I put another tealight on Carol's Cake Bake from yesterday

Also started another melter with Nene's Lemon Squares

trep, I like the oils too.....what a quick burst of scent!

Happy Melting everyone

Miami is stil brewing this morning...I love it too Jules! And that Secret Recipe is TDF good!!!

Debra~ That's funny and a good thing! Kids used to tell my daughter that she always smelled like cinnamon. I guess it sticks to everything...sounds good to me!! lol

Trep~ Thanks for the tip about the canola oil. I bought some fragrance oils from BBW a while ago and didn't know you should use an oil with them. Didn't get a scent so I never use them. I'll give the canola oil a try.

Have a good one everybody!

Back to the Strawberries today. Never enough lately.

Shorties candle - Strawberry

Swan Creek drizzle melts - White Truffle Strawberry

FA McGee melt - All About Me (some fruity concoction - nice)

[smilie=th_bounce]

Hi everyone!!!

Last nights melt was Blueberries & Cream from Can-Do. Great as usual!!

Thanks for the info on Mylingy.....I'm gonna place an order now. I mean I think with one sampler that has 18 tarts, and 1 each of the others scents she had that I thought I would like, its 47 tarts for $15.10 and free shipping. I'll give anything a try for that price, and if they're not strong enough for me, I'll relegate them to the power room!!! Love to hear any reviews from this vendor!

Have a great day all!

Morning, everyone.

I was hiking all day yesterday, but I'm sticking close to home to catch up on chores today. My little motivator is Busy Bee's Butterscotch Brulee. [smilie=th_bounce]

Gail

Well Helllloooo Jason! Good to see you!

Lit up some candles this afternoon...

Apple Spice Goose Creek...a little something throwing.

Country Store by McCalls...great throw and delicious.

Vanilla Cinnamon (no name) a gift from a student

Melting

Apple Caramel Crunch from Cheryl's

Pumpkin Pie from Country Button

Maggie, that's another great quote! Love it!

I'm melting my first Can-Do's Key Lime Pie. Love, love, LOVE IT! [smilie=th_bounce]

Gail

Thanks Gail! I'm a little biased you see....LOL! [smilie=th_bounce]

That Pumpkin Pie Melt was giving me a headache...put on and oldie from LOL...Cinnamon Brown Sugar Cookies.

That no name candle is tunneling like crazy even with the jar wrapped in foil...I wanted to give it a go...but it seems to be hopeless. No scent whatsoever.

Hey....Where's Susan?

(insert waving hand emoticon here) Hello all! Maggie, thanks for the inquiry.

been melting and burning. cleaned my house yesterday and started some pre-spring cleaning. went to get taxes done today and I absolutely could not find my W-2. I am so not one to lose things(now that I've said that...watch me lose my keys, cellphone and wallet--looking for some wood to knock on). It urks me when I do lose something because I am one that knows where everything is at a moment's notice. uggh. hubby so sweet about it...me, was so mad at myself. we went out to lunch anyway and to Trader Joe's. anyone have a TJ's in their town? I love it for foodie type of foods. then on to Kroger. load of laundry done and sitting down to a cup of coffee with peppermint mocha creamer. aah.

put on Carol's ambrosia vanilla bomb. love this one for this time of year. not too fruity-tempered with the vanilla.

also burning CBV apricot crunch cake

CBV raspberry mocha latte in the dining room

CFTKR-sea island grapefruit roll in the bath. I love this one too. so authentic.

CFTKR-Earthen Oak in teh BR. been melting that since this am and first thing when I walked in this afternoon, I smelled it. love that scent too. is the same (to me) as Baton Rouge from CCCC.

Maggie, i wonder if that was a Mainstays candle? I got a cinnamon vanilla in one of their layered candles and it tunneled like crazy. both Mainstays did. neither of them had no throw--not even in the OVEN when I put it on low to melt the whole big jar full of wax. :roll: Those two ginger-type jars now sit on my melting table in the LR with melts from CCCC and CFTKR. [smilie=th_bounce]

have a good eve, all.

There U are Jason! :lol: We were about to send out a search party. :roll:

MaggieMae - I'm a big fan of McCalls Country Store, too. Luv that scent! [smilie=th_bounce]]

Puzzle - I like coffee scents, too. But, usually only melt em on weekend mornings. :?

Melting SH's Divinity Fudge. Soooo good - almost edible! :P

Susan...So good to "see" you...been busy I see! Unfortunately, I threw out the candle...it was just like a little invisible jar scenting nothingness into the air. Iol Since it was a gift, I wanted to try but being the candle "snob" I am I had little hope to begin with. I don't think it was Main Stay...that's Walmart right? I think it was probably from Micheals or AC Moore by the look of it.

Sweet...yes, Country Store makes me do that dance too! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

My nose is finicky today...switched out the melts for a fav no matter what the season...Hansel & Gretels House from Mookie Doodle and my final tart from Haley's Maple Sugar.