The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

Okey dokey, here's my take on Peppermint Spa. Very authentic, ohhh-so-soothing, refreshingly cool and smooth. I like most mints and this one is a new fave, almost right up there with my beloved Coco Mint Frost.

I like to try to figure out the different components of a fragrance. Sometimes I'm fairly good at it, other times not so much. I couldn't quite come up with why I'm falling all over myself for this one, except that it's reminiscent of the scent of my favorite spa, Glen Ivy. Glen Ivy is the loveliest 11 acre respite you can imagine, an hour's drive from my house. If you Google it, don't get confused and think it's the nearby Glen Eden. That's a nudist colony. :P_97] And NO, I haven't ever been there. :? Ah, but I digress...

I had to look up Donna's scent description. "Strong peppermint with a touch of lavender." Once I read it I said, "Ah ha, of course! Now I get it. And it's pure glory in wax!" [smilie=th_1819]

Gail, kinda, sorta, maybe likin' this one just a wee bit

Yep...spring is on the way. First I see a robin & now the temps are getting into the higher 30's and melting the snow mountains. I can even see a tiny patch of grass - kinda forgot what it looked like. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurra_fruehling3]

Melting CrossCreek's Lemon Buttercreme Frosting. Mmmmm...it's delish!

:P

I'm now melting SSS Redneck Romance. I'm not sure what I'm smelling. It sort of smells lightly floral, I just can't tell. :? Has anyone else experienced this scent? :P

Burning Bridgewater Indian Paintbrush :P

Melting in BR Lavender Vanilla SSS...perfect for sleep.

Gotta grab some new ones around the house...

Found 'em....Ultiminate Coffee Cake from SH...YUM!

Gail, Glen Ivy and Glen Eden would be too easy to confuse, but not for long I suppose. That scent sound like a good one for you mint fans.

Tonight I morphed a Can-Do Pie Crust and a Crosscreek Strawberry Noel. It's quite yummy together.

I also have an Angie's Watermelon on from earlier today.

Hello!

Well, DD's spring project is going to be one nice smelling project. She has to bring in spring pictures. I have two copies of the YC spring catalog. I cut up a bunch of pictures for her and some of them are the scratch and sniff ones. LOL. She loves it.

I only watch the OC and NY Housewives. I did watch a little bit of NJ. I don't care for the Atlanta ones. I heard they are making a Washington DC one. I miss Laurie from the OC episodes. For some reason I found her to be the most interesting ones.

Tonight I made the delicous oatmeal bread recipe that someone posted on here months ago. I think it's my favorite bread machine recipe...sooo good! Whoever you ware...THANK YOU!!!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Lime a Bean and burning YC's Berry Jam.

Gail, I love Peppermint Spa too...it's a good scent for anytime of the year.

Tonight I have one candle burning....it's from Illuminations...Orange Cranberry....lovely scent.

Aria - that Lemon Gumpdrop of Carol's is one of my favorites - I think the little extra greens really add a lot. I am trying to remember who directed me to it when I was looking for my Lemon Gumdrop that was from an OOB vendor. :P

Tonight is Nag Champa from CM&M

Gail, thanks for the description. I'll have to try it. Loved the modest naked woman behind the door emoti. lol

I haven't looked at Carol's newest tarts but have to take a peak.

CBV red velvet cake and buttery caramel heart tarts mixed with a Haley's Red Velvet Cake star tart all in one melter. LOL

have a good weekend, all.

good morning, all. beautiful sunny day here. just work for me though.

CCCC-pink cotton candy cake in the cute little easter shapes

CBV-remelt Breath of Ireland in teh bath

CCCC-Satin Sheets in the BR

have a good weekend, all and if it is sunny where you live...enjoy!

Good morn, everyone. Today I'm melting: White Cake by Carol, and burning a votive candle Midnight Jasmine by YC. Have a great weekend.

Susan

Hello All!

I'm starting out the weekend with Carol's Lime a Bean and Spiced Persian Bear. Later on I'll light up my Berry Jam.

For those of you looking at Carol's new scents...her Marshmallow is fabulous. It's not a huge thrower, but the scent that is given off is sooooo yummy! This would be the one called Marshmallow (she has a couple of others with marshmallow in the name but this one in particular is called just Marshmallow). Toasted Marshmallow is another good one. Almond Macaroons is a must have for anyone who likes YC's Almond Cookie.

Good Morning!

It looks like spring is finally on the way.

i am melting 3 from CYS-

Blue Vanilla

Blueberry Pink Sugar

Blueberry Sugared Cream

These are fabulous!

Good morning! Here we are expecting temps in the 50s for the next 5 days [smilie=th_00000020].

I'm burning 2 candles today:

YC - Be Thankful

SSS - Secret Recipe

[smilie=th_foolish1]

Burning Bridgewater Indian Paintbrush [smilie=th_00000020]

MaggieMae - That one sounds interesting...what's it smell like? [smilie=th_foolish1]

Lady - Temps in the 50's? That should make your piles of snow melt...yay! [smilie=th_thsignA]

Melting CrossCreek's Coffee Vienna. For some reason I'm smelling a little maple on this one, I think it's caramel, tho. I've been thinking of making pancakes, so maybe I'm just thinking ahead.... [smilie=th_yay]

smiley-greet019.gif Hello and good morning! smiley-greet019.gif

Ooo candlelove...I wanna be at your house...mmmm...sounds fabulous!emoticon-animal-036.gif

Hope all is well with everyone...enjoyed reading all the smellyicious scents that everyone has going. emoticon-animal-061.gif

Melting Dad's Cucumber and Cream from Can Do...it's all over the house today.

Have a hoppy day!emoticon-animal-044.gif

Good Saturday morning.. I am melting EE-Nightmare. A votive from Mylingy in pink sugar. These are smelling stronger cold than actually burning. I tried a freebie from Carol in Brandied Pear and it is fabulous. Have a good day, maybe get stuff reformated over the weekend for our computer.

Lady - Temps in the 50's? That should make your piles of snow melt...yay! [smilie=th_00000020]

Yes, a good bit of the snow is already melted and all should be gone in a few days. I've also seen a few robins so spring is definitely on its way! [smilie=th_foolish1]

Added some melts:

CCCC - Orange Cranberry Muffin

SSS - Sweet Country Custard

Barbara, you made me curious. What would a Redneck Romance smell like? I used my imagination and it wasn't necessarily a nice fragrance, KWIM? [smilie=th_00000020] So I looked it up: "Redneck Romance Our duplication of Victoria Secrets Love Spell. Very true scent." I think that one's fresh, fruity, citrusy - fabulous!

Sweet, Coffee Vienna sounds wonderful. I adore LOL's Cafe Vienna. Wonder if they're similar?

We all are getting spring fever around here. I myself am quite ill with it. [smilie=th_thsignA] [smilie=th_foolish1]

Katz, best of luck with your computer. Brandied Pear sounds so enticing!

Melting LOL's Red Hot Cinnamon Candies on this dreary, cloudy, gonna-rain-tonight day.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Gail