The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

good eve, all. been rainy all day. good sleeping day after work all night.

CCCC monster munch. mmm, I love this. just a good fat-pants type of scent.

CYS-creme brulee cake in the DR

CFTKR-nectarine mint in the bath

Lessie's Prim wishes still going in the BR.

Tried a new one today from Fragrant Memories...Poolside Paradise....very strong!! [smilie=th_crying]

Everyone has such yummy sounding scents going! [smilie=th_51991986]

Cat - good to C U posting! How's the move going?

I'm melting CFTKR's Buttercream Maple Zucchini Bread. I always hesitate when a scent sez maple, but if there's any in this, it's not noticeable, blends seemlessly with all the other notes and is :lol:! It was in the bread sampler I just got from Carol and I forsee a bag of this in my future, too. Aria, there is a Raisin Bread Butter Cream Frosting in the sampler, too. I'm glad to hear it's a good one! [smilie=th_crying]

[smilie=th_crying] strongthrow!! We are glad to have you!! [smilie=th_51991986]

Scents from yesterday and today:

Nene's Amish Harvest - nice!

SH Pink Lime - a great citrus that probably gets overlooked thanks to Paradise...I have a whole bag of this! If anyone wants one, email me (my email address is listed in the swap section of the forum) and we can set up a little mini-swap. :lol:

I am trying to finish off my YC Autumn Wreath candle. It has a good inch of wax left in the bottom. The weather is helping me out by being gray and rainy, good for fall scents and candles in general.

Happy 3000 Trep and Jason.

Sweet, I can't believe my eyes. You like a maple? Has the whole world gone mad? [smilie=th_crying]

More calmshells for tonight:

Grumpy Girl - All Nighter (finished)

Shorties - Gardenia Lime Fusion

Shorties jar - Strawberry

Full Moon votives - Lemon Poundcake

Yankee jar - Moonlight Garden

Netflix came today. I'm watching a Project Runway marathon tonight after my [smilie=th_51991986]

Hello!

Tunisianswife - How does Nectarine Mint smell? I'm so scared of fruit + mint scents but I'm curious...

Tonight I'm melting Carol's yum yum yummy Gingerbread Cake. Earlier I had Green Apple and Hot Cocoa going. I'm burning YC's Pumpkin Pie.

Yeah, tunisianswife - I am curious about that scent, too. One of my favorite scents (and hard to find) is mango spearmint.

Jules - a Netflix twin here - I have 2 discs of The Office for tonight!

Melting Scentsy Oxford, one of my fa-vo-rites. I will be very sad when it is not in the line up anymore. [smilie=th_crying]

Jules - how are you liking the fusion melts from Shorties?

Going to bed with:

Toffee Apple Crunch - Bright Blessings.

Banana Bread - Crow's Nest

7Up Pound Cake - Country Hearts

Tangerine Lavender - Pure Integrity

all smells good.

This morning:

Pink Lemonade Earthly Sensations

Pumpkin Crunch Cake Ashley's

Birthday Cake Kim's

I hope everyone has a good day.

Yesterday I threw in a tart from an unknown vendor, labeled Italian Bread Pudding. I'm usually more of a fruity/fresh kind of girl as opposed to bakery, but OMG this was INSANE. The problem is, I can't reorder without figuring out the vendor! It was in a plastic baggie with the name of the scent all in caps on the label. The tart itself looked like it was made with a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter (i.e. not scalloped). Any thoughts or is this hopeless?

:)

Cyn, The Gardenia Lime fusion was good. The lime was stronger last night, but it was mostly Gardenia. I can still smell it this morning.

Switching out this morning for:

clammies

Grumpy Girl - Pink Hissy Fit

Cheryl's - Itty Bitty Bikini

Good morning...

Christy, gosh, I don''t think I can help....that sure does sound like a good scent though! Crosscreek has pumpkin shapes, but I'm not sure about that scent.

Regarding the Nectarine Mint...I have one of those from Nene's and cold sniff is strong and fruity and fresh....I don't detect a heavy mint scent at all.

This morning's melts are:

CHC ~ Granny's Cornbread....very yummy

CFTKR ~ Lemon Sugar....nice and sweet lemon scent

Yesterday I threw in a tart from an unknown vendor, labeled Italian Bread Pudding. I'm usually more of a fruity/fresh kind of girl as opposed to bakery, but OMG this was INSANE. The problem is, I can't reorder without figuring out the vendor! It was in a plastic baggie with the name of the scent all in caps on the label. The tart itself looked like it was made with a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter (i.e. not scalloped). Any thoughts or is this hopeless?

:)

Have you ordered from Bella Candles & Tarts? I have that scent from her in a 2 oz cup but the label is white with print in Times New Roman font, all caps. Haven't melted it yet but the cold sniff is very good.

Her description:

ITALAIN BREAD PUDDING-Our italian bread pudding is unlike any other bread pudding scent! Our scent is the aroma of Italian Bread cubes soaked in Amaretto liquor , overpoured with a sweet vanilla custard and sprinkled with sugar crystal , baked till golden brown!

I'm melting Pink Grapefruit from SSS.

Olive,

I just finished melting SSS pink grapefruit myself. I sadly couldn't smell a thing. How was your experience?

Unfortunately I didn't get much of a scent either from the pink grapefruit.

Today I'm melting Violet Dipped Chiffon Cakes from Things That Make Scents. The scent is not that strong but it smells delightful.

LLVV-I am also scared of "fruit" scents, but i am really trying to expand my scent palate. This morning i am melting Can Do-Baton Rouge. I have Chiro. appt. this morning It is a beautiful, spring day here and I'm loving the new flowers I find blooming every day. We have the Canadian Geese and Mallard Ducks on our street. My kitties watch the geese, but do not make a move towards them. They are magnificent creatures, but sure do mess up the yard.

good eve, all. been rainy all day. good sleeping day after work all night.

CCCC monster munch. mmm, I love this. just a good fat-pants type of scent.

CYS-creme brulee cake in the DR

CFTKR-nectarine mint in the bath

Lessie's Prim wishes still going in the BR.

Hey Tunisian, just wonderin....whats a fat-pants type of scent??? lmao.

Last nights melt was YC Pineapple Cilantro. Eh, this is the 2nd time I've tried this scent and I will not be buying anymore of this scent. Way too light for me!

I'm figuring out what scents I'm gonna take on vacation with me to TN on Friday. I've decided to bring one of my combo melters along for the trip. I planned on bringing this plug in night light thingy that I bought from the Lakeside catalog. Unfortunately, the three other people I bought them for, told me that they don't melt even the softest tart. What a freakin rip off. Anyway, combo melter it is, make that hotel room smell b---u----ti-ful!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

ladycl, good call on that Bella's scent....I am wondering if that is the one that Christy has? Candy is famous for not labeling tarts with her logo. When I get tarts from her, I actually write "bella's" on the scent labelrotfl2.gif I see you are melting plumeria...such a beautiful scent.

I'm melting Pink Grapefruit from SSS.

Olive,

I just finished melting SSS pink grapefruit myself. I sadly couldn't smell a thing. How was your experience?

Unfortunately I didn't get much of a scent either from the pink grapefruit.

Today I'm melting Violet Dipped Chiffon Cakes from Things That Make Scents. The scent is not that strong but it smells delightful.

Thank you Pam for the reply. I thought it was just me. Today I'm melting SSS Lemony Fresh, and it's strong and wonderful!

:) everyone!

Today i'm melting CFTKR Apple and Maple Bourbon and burning a Goose Creek Candle in Lemon Meringue Pie

Hope everyone has a great day!