The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

good morning, all. looks like it is going to be a sunny day.

CBV - night blooming Jasmine in the BR

CBV=Tokyo Spring remelting in the bath

CFTKR-blueberry zucchini bread in the LR

ambrosia vanilla bomb in the DR

have a great day, all.

Morning! [smilie=th_c55]

Starting out the day with SH's Orange Chiffon Cake. Smells so good while I warm up and wake up with my coffee. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

I hope everybody's Wednesday is a nice one!

Gail

Hi Everyone!

Starting off this beautiful day with CFTKR Coconut Milk & Lavender in the Bedroom and melting last of LOL Berry Jam Butter Cookies in the LR and Country Chunkie Vanilla Latte in Kitchen and FR.

It smells great here!

Welcome home Trep!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

I'm finishing off Carol's Blueberry Zucchini Bread right now. I just threw Wildberries w/Sugar Pie Crust in the downstairs melter. I'll go check on it in a bit. I had my Pumpkin Pie candle burning earlier but blew it out when I left the house.

Good Morning!!

Well today I decide to burn my YC Strawberry Buttercream,hoping to get a decent throw but so far nothing!!I've been disappointed in my YC's lately so I am grateful to find these other places to try.I'm not burning or melting anything else just to see what the throw is like.

mpfand- Thanks so much for the Scentsy suggestions.All of them ound great and are my type of scents.

cyn-I love that warmer and it was my top choice.Just trying to figure a place that it matches my decor.I may just have to redecorate to find a place for it.lol.

Hoping my order from Spotted Hog comes today.I can't wait.I'm like a kid on Christmas morning.

Well hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning everyone!!!

Its a beautiful day here, I hope the weather stays this way for our vacation next week.

Last nights melts were Peppermint Kiss Kiss, from Everyday Whims. I think this might be my last melt from Riss, love, love, love this one, and SSS Banana Puddin, nice scent, could have used a little more banana, and little on the light side, but not bad.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Staring my day off with a few new choices.

CYS-Peanut butter banana fluff-very yummy, smell more of the banana than the peanut butter

CCCC- Twinkies- what a good pound cake-creamy filling scent!

Have a great day everyone.

Karrie

Yes it is a beautiful day in GA! I went to CVS at lunch and picked up a lavender and cedarwood candle. One of my favorite scents. It always burns perfectly also! :shock:

For this afternoon, I have lit a candle...CBV Honey I Washed the Youngins' :shock:

Loving the scents everyone has melting!

Happy Melting! 1029971siq6y4jxww.gif

I just started Carol's Cranberry Cornbread and so far I'm loving it!!!

DD and I watched last night's American Idol episode while I had my Cherry Lemonade candle burning. Is it me or is this year boring? I started off loving Shioban but now she's getting on my nerves. She screams at the end of every song. The first time was cool, the second time was ok, and now it's the third time and it's getting boring. I enjoyed Didi's performance and Katie was the best IMO. Usually, I'm not a big fan of those two. Everyone else was either boring or awful. What was up with those song choices? Hello, this is 2010 not the 70s and 80s. I guess last season was just sooo good that those performers set the bar so high that this year just can't compare. I don't really see a shining star. Crystal has got lots of talent and I think is by far the most talented of the group, she's just doesn't sing my favorite type of music. I wish she'd look a little bit happier to be there. Oh well. DD is excited because Mylie Cyrus is singing tonight and I think they mentioned Demi Lovato and one of the Jonas Brothers. If it wasn't for that, I'd skip tonight for something better on TV.

I have just switched out scents for CFTKR Blueberry Zucchini Bread in all melters and it is smelling GREAT!

The Country Chunkie Vanilla Latte was great also.

I am having a great smellie day today! :shock:

Thanks, everyone for the welcome home. I have on Strawberry Patch from Crosscreek--very authentic scent. I used to pick strawberries from our patch as a child and this is definitely the right smell. Just ordered a bunch more. Have a great night, everyone.

Cat - good to C U posting! How's the move going?

It was good-we got it all moved in and have now been working on our own "redo's", also getting the landscaping plotted and started has taken a lot of time. I am finally to a point to relax and post some-even though I have tried to keep up on reading around here-you know how it goes if you miss a day or two. :shock:

Everyone has been so busy melting around here, and it all looks delightful. :oops:

I have been trying out different melter spots and moving stuff to get scent results, so things have been more like a science experiment around home lately. On a sad note-I lost my favorite melter and had a big ole wax spot to clean up on the new carpet a few days ago-dang shih tzu was trying to escape grooming time and ran face first into the cord. Knocked the whole melter into a wall and on the carpet...(it was plugged in behind the couch if that tells you anything about how hard he was going for the escape) [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_flucht]

Anyway-been doing the blueberry thing today-

LOL Blueberry Cheesecake(not for me sadly-it has that cheesecake thing that I'm not keen on)

Lee's Crossroad Blueberry Muffins(no throw for my nose-maybe another spot in the house)

CFTKR Granny's Blueberry Apple Pie(yummy!)

Cat - sorry about melter. Figures it was your favorite. :oops: Has your dog showed up at your old house, wanting to get in, yet? :shock:

Melting Can-Do's Granny Apples. Soooooo good! :oops:

Cat, so glad to see u posting again. moves are always tiring, no matter how short the distance. I have a lhasa that divebombs under the bed when he sees the bath kit or grooming supplies come out. Never the comb and brush and bow bag though; he knows it is walk time. :shock:

Candlelove, I just love coconut milk and lavender. so relaxing and beautiful and lasts forever. I also melted blue zucchini from carol this morning and still smelled it through the open window when i came home from being out w/hubby this eve.

trep...welcome home. always nice to come home even though 'away' is fun, huh? thanks so much for the headsup on CCCC strawberry patch. I almost ordered it this time...as hubby loves strawberries. will have to put it on the list for next order.

also, thanks for the heads up on the twinkies...sounds wonderful and not a heavy spicy bakery; would be great for the summer when ya want a little bakery without the heavy spice.

melting CCCC orange caramel crumble now. omg, so love this. got to get a bag of some type of cute shape for next order. just yummy goodness.

to whomever suggested Carol's banana zucch bread, thanks bunches! got my latest Carol order today and got a bag; yummalicious cold sniff and strong.

CFTKR-bergomot and terragon in the bath. love this one too. clean, lush green herbal; perfect for bath.

I also got a bag of her new lush lemongrass. omg, beautiful clean spa lemon, if that makes sense. can't wait to try that one out.

have a good eve, all. oh golly, loving the whiffs of Deana's orange caramel crumble...just put it on about 5 min ago too.

Haven't been on in a few days. I am in the process of switching apartments AGAIN in my building! Big mistake moving into the penthouse! :oops: But we've learned our lesson and are going down a couple of floors back to a two bedroom apartment, like we were in before, only a bit smaller :shock: Anyway, been busy packing and moving things and will be doing this all week. On the bright side, I can start buying more wax once we get back on track, AND since the apartment is smaller, the throw will sure be strong in there!

Enough about my drama...today I've been burning the last of my YC Sage & Citrus jar and melting Mountain Lake. Hope everyone has a great evening!

Hello all!! well another rainy day here.

Today I melted a freebie from LOL Black Amber & Linen.It was a really pretty scent just not very strong.Also melted LOL Flower Pops.

Can anyone tell me if the tarts in the cups are stronger than the scalloped tarts?

I'm trying to decide where to place my next order from.I think CFTKR is going to be it.I alos just ordered from another company called Chicago candle Company (I think that was the name).They seem to have some great choices and the customer service was really great.Hope they are strong.I also want to place an order with Scentsy.I want to get one of their warmers.I contacted a consultan and am doing an online party hoping to save some money on my order.Any suggestions on which scents from them are good?I like any scents but tend to stay away from Florals.

Thanks to everyone for all your input and suggestions.I'm slowly finding other companies to try and am having fun doing it.

Hey June, just saw this post and wanted to emphatically recommend CFTKR! One of my very favorite tart vendors. About Scentsy, I really like my warmer from them, but in my experience they are only good for the Scentsy wax. They may melt soy ok, but since I use mostly parrafin, they just don't quite do the job. They do great with the Scentsy wax though! I'm loving Cinnamon Cider, Mochadoodle, and Orange Dreamsicle from them. My mom got Satin Sheets and said it is amazing. Have fun!

Cat & Jason~ Hope you guys enjoy your new homes!

All this talk about the Blueberry Zucchini Bread is making me want to order some...will do as soon as this lockdown is over.

Melting:

CYS Americana ~ Yummy and mostly blueberry to me...which is great!

SSS Butt Naked ~ For some reason I thought this would be coconut but not a drop...very nice all the same!

Good evening!

I'm burning Carol's Buttercream Maple Zucchini Bread...oh oh oh my...soooo good! I have no clue why I didn't get this one as soon as she created it. My mouth is watering. I also have my YC Pumpkin Pie burning.

Jason, good luck with the move. Moving is a PITA but hopefully you'll be happy in your new home.

Hi all,

Cat, that's a shame about your broken melter. Danged doggie. :oops: It sounds like you've been working hard and are starting to enjoy your new place.

Jason, good luck with your move. I'm sorry the penthouse didn't work out for you. Sometimes smaller is better, especially when it comes to scent throw, yes!

LLVV, I watched Idol last night. My fave so far is Crystal. I love her talent, uniqueness, and everything she's sung so far.

I'm melting SH's lovely Sinfully Vanilla this evening. A couple hours ago, I didn't have anything going for awhile because I was in and out and such. DH said, "Hmm, I haven't smelled any of your candles for a few hours. You're not using any of them today." I don't know if he missed them or was glad they were off. I'm afraid to ask. :shock:

Gail