The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Good day everyone!

I just started melting Haley's Berry Bewitching Brew.raspberrie_by_TotallyTrue.gifIt smells juicy delicious in here. It has a great throw. If you like berries this one is very nice!

Aria, I remember Northern Maine. Yes, I loved her stuff! I have a Pine scented candle still from her that I save and burn each year. It is aweseome. I haven't found a more authentic pine scent yet and they can be very overwhelming...this one is just right the fragrance is there and you notice it but it is not in your face. I also stockpiled on her ocean scent...I forget what it is called but it smells just like the ocean..no florals etc.

Today I am melting Sugar Beans from Can Do..not Christmasey I know but it was on top of the pile....

Hi All!

Aria, yes, I remember Northern Maine. She had such outstanding scents. I loved her pine scent. You're so lucky that you still have some left. Enjoy!

Today I'm melting Carol's Holiday Homecoming and finishing off my YC Be Thankful jar.

Sweet & Spicey girl: Thank you so very much for my wonderful surprise package. I can not wait to try the scents. They all smell like everything I love. Also, the coffee flavor looks delicious and it will be my next pot. I am so very touched and it made my day!!! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

HI all! [smilie=group_hug]

It's 26 degrees here this morning. The grass is all crunchy. Think I'll wait awhile before heading over to the river with my pup.

Mpfand and Tunisian, I feel less like a dork knowing you two were clueless about Katz's avatar too. So [smilie=th_76d65c2f] for fessing up. Although I do enjoy a good laugh, even if it's at my own expense. [smilie=th_coffeespew]

Yep Maggie, I guess Trading Places is now a must see experience! I still giggle everytime Katz posts!

Tunisian, I'm glad you found your receipt for the YC candles and got a refund. I'm so riding along with you on the "no more YC" train.

Stayintx, good to see you posting! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Michele, how high are your ceilings? Are they cathedral or fairly uniform? I would think cathedral ceilings could play havoc with scent throw, KWIM? My ceilings are all 10 feet but they don't seem to affect the throw. 'Course, I have nothing to compare them with, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

I'm melting BG's Spiced Pumpkin Brulee. Mmmm Mmmm GOOD!

[smilie=th_snoopy]

Gail

Ahhh.....Kids are in school, I don't have any meetings today. I do have to work a couple of hours but from home so I can't complain, and the pool repair guy is coming later. It's actually a little cold here today which is nice this time of year at least. So, I grabbed an eggnog latte from Starbucks, I have lit my candles, started my melters and am going to put on Christmas music (either the Charlie Brown Christmas album or my favorite - Neil Diamond Christmas) and........clean house [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Burning Pure Scents Christmas Tree, melting Can-Do's Christmas Tree and also burning YC's Balsam and Cedar.

ETA: Forgot I had Cheryl's Hippy Christmas melting too!

Good afternoon....reindeer-1.gif

Finally relaxing with a cuppa....cupblue.gif

While hauling up boxes of Christmas decorations from the basement.....I FOUND TREASURE!!! Oh my! I totally forgot I had ordered this beautiful gift set from YC during their sale last January! Inside a beautiful pressed tin red basket are a large jar of Sparkling Pine, a medium jar of Balsam & Cedar, a box of Balsam & Cedar potpourri, a sparkly snowflake ornament and a snowman ornament. I was so excited! I mean I reeeeeaaallly forgot I ordered this!!!! [smilie=th_oops_] [smilie=th_shewiggle] [smilie=cloud_9] [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Anjoymom and LLVV, Ah Ha! I knew someone here would remember NM!!!! I really miss her scents....they were so strong and wonderful. Anjoy, I think the scent you are thinking of is Maine's Coastal Breeze or something like that....wonderful summertime scent.

momuvtwo, love the CB Christmas cd.....play it all the time! [smilie=th_snoopy] That egg nog thingy sounds good!

sweet&spicy, forgot to mention earlier that your post made me LOL [smilie=th_coffeespew] ....the one about putting your fall scents away....OMG girl...you are too funny!!! [smilie=th_bighug-1] Thanks for the laugh!

On to what I am melting.....lol Carol's Aspen Winter in the LR - so good, Crosscreek Amish Quilt in the mudroom - yummy and drifting into the kitchen. Candles burning - YC Home for the Holidays, YC Jack Frost and a Root votive in Bayberry. My house is smelling pretty good right now!!!

Have a nice afternoon everyone..... [smilie=group_hug]

I always love reading what everyone is doing. Aria, nice find! enjoy your treasures.

finally got all 3 dogs groomed and bathed. they are looking so cute in their sweaters with their topknots and hairbows. I pulled out some of their sweaters with red in them. I only have 1 tomboy; we'll see how long he keeps his sweater on and the bow in place.they love their sweaters actually and I'm sure I'll have 3 grandpas snoring here in a while after their day at my 'cobjob salon'.

have had coconut praline going most of the day in my LR. melted Cheryl's vanilla buttercream. my other melts went out w/the t-light melters. Jules, I've so been enjoying the threads you started yesterday eve. so nice to read what folks like.

got to get up all the stray hairs and vacuum, then get myself 'groomed'. THEN i can relax and fix a bit of dinner and enjoy the eve.

Thanks tunisian...wish you'd had better luck with your Yankee purchase recently. YC definitely don't work for everyone... It's fun finding out what works and what doesn't, isn't it? Sounds like you've had a busy day with your puppers! That vanilla buttercream scent sounds good...

[smilie=th_idontknow] Aria, you did indeed find TREASURE!! How fun for you, girl! I'm so glad you made that discovery, and at the perfect time too! So much more exciting than finding all those holiday goodies in late July! [smilie=th_bounce] How fantastic!

Gail

yahoooo! started half a scent shot of SSS Sweet Orange Chili Pepper....I like soooo much. great summer melt. this is a nice orange.(I'm funny about oranges too). I love the zing of the pepper and perhaps it is psychological, but I swear there is something tickling my nose! hmmm.

skylar - I'm a fan of GHBT's Country Charm, too. I also tried CFTKR's version and it's equally fantastic! [smilie=th_idontknow]

Olive - I thought Bissy's Holiday Cravings was wonderful, too! Definitely will reorder that one.

Katz - so glad you liked your surprise! And you already had that scent in B&B - too cool! [smilie=th_bounce]

Melting Candles, Melts & More's Autumn Spice. I think that was the name. I gave the cup to the kitties, they luv playing hockey w/those. There it goes whizzing by me now.....score! :lol:

DD and I had to go to the outlets this afternoon to get DH's Christmas present (not from YC...unfortunately). Since we were there it gave us a good reason to stop in YC and DDsvored a treasure for me...a small jar ogf Cherry Lemonade. We bought 2 of them as well as Lemon Zest (another great find), Egyptian Cotton, and Sweet Berries & Peach. I also got a medium jar of Christmas Wish and Winterland which are also rare finds.

Tonight I melting Carol's Maple Walnut Sticky Buns and burning YC's Christmas Wish which is actually throwing although it doesn't smell as good burning as it does when melted.

Happy Friday Night!

Nice score, LLVV. I've never even smelled Winterland, and now I want to.

Maggiemae, I like the McCalls melts. I actually melted one today. Problem is that it was just in a brown paper bag so the scent name is ??? I'm pretty sure it was Buttered Rum that I smelled.

Aria, fantastic treasure find! With accessories too. even better.

I've just been lighting what I've got lying around and remelting some scents. Let's see...

YC - Pumpkin Vanilla votive

FM - Sugared Spruce pillar

McCalls - Buttered Rum melt

SC - Gingerbread - reloaded two melters

I think that's all for tonight. Have a good weekend everyone.

Ummmm...okay...ewwwwwww...

Sorry if I offend, but had to dump the banana nut bread...not a fan.no.gif

tunisianswife...just received an email from Nene's...Spa is out of stock now. 23t06dg.gif

Missy is so sweet. She offered to make me something else or refund my money. I told her I would wait because of the great reviews I have read. birgits_snill.gif

So "they" keep saying we may get snow in the morning.2023.gif I love that it snows sometimes in Alabama.

2004.gifY'all be good!2004.gif