The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Hi there everyone!

Did a whole bunch of Christmas shopping today! Now I am just taking a little break and having a cupblue.gif with some Pumpkin Spice coffeemate...yum. I need to get some egg nog, so I can make a nice egg nog coffee mix one of these afternoons!

Melting Candy Cane from Crosscreek....smells so wonderful.

You guys are too funny about the avatars...!

Maggie, how are you liking Angel Scented tarts? I ordered from them a couple of years ago. I don't think the scents I got wowed me because I never ordered again. I did love their packaging though.

Well, although YC's Christmas Cookie smells great cold, it's a dud hot. I tried it in a tea light burner and a 24 watt melter. I could barely smell it in either melter.

I'm going to try Carol's Holiday Crunch. While I love YC's for candlelight, they don't hold a candle scent-wise to Carol's tarts.

Enjoying Yankee Christmas Cookie melting this afternoon--always strong for me--scents both stories of the house with one tart--every time. LLVV--maybe your nose can't pick up this scent. I have a friend who actually works at Yankee and she can never smell Vanilla Cupcake and it is always really strong for me. Sorry it didn't work for you as it is a great scent.

I'm laughing at myself because I honestly wondered if that was a photo of Katz's DH! :lol: Funnnnny! Can you tell I'm not much of a movie buff?

Just switched to YC Buttercream.

Gail

[smilie=snoopy]

[smilie=th_insane]

I think my forum candle flames went out at some point today. I'm a little lost.

Today I melted CD - Tin Roof Sundae

Colonial - Blue Spruce jar

YC - Gingerbread jar

It's time to make dinner...

I wondered who the man was too. lol I don't watch many movies either, Gail.

I took back my 4 YC 22 oz duds today=and I even returned the free candle that I had not burned in Home for the Holidays scent. I found the receipt in the bottom of the bag that I had kept because it was a nice big bag. lol the girl asked me if I wanted to exchange them. nope. I was so tempted to get one of their YC aromatherapy candles. they smell so good but I am not going that route again. they had a bunch of YC,Woodwick,Colonial at TJ Maxx on the clearance red tag shelves but I was good. I wasn't tempted.

I did pick up another candle warmer @BBB. I want to get every drop of CBV. also another bag of 100 t lights.

for now, I've just got peppermint bark from CBV burning. I turned off the Hello Sugar. been going this morning and when I came home, still smelled so nice in here. same w/Cheryl's Merlin's forest. whoo, strong indeed.

Wow, tunisian, so sorry to hear about your bad experience with YC. I've always had really good luck with their candles. Some scents are lighter than others. Yankee fragrances are so authentic to me. With CBV, I definitely detect a wax smell. Everyone's nose is sooooo different, so it's great that we have all these different vendors to choose from to find out what we like.

Just lit my YC Home for the Holidays jar and also a Warm Glow hearth in Cranberry Chutney. I miss stardust....she's the one who got me started on these WG candles!!!

Aria - I have one of the WG candles in Cranberry Chutney, too. Such a purdy candle!

Melting LOL's Trick or Treat. Yeah....still melting fall stuff. If I melt one a day, every day.....I should finish them in....ummm....well...this is 2009...so, maybe in.... :P [smilie=th_insane] :shock: [smilie=snoopy] Alrighty then....maybe I'll just pack the lil buggers away and move on to Christmas. :lol:

Hi Everyone!

I had a busy afternoon but now I am home and can finally relax. I have melting CCCC Christmas Cookie, CHS Caramel Toffee, and CHS Cookies for Santa. I have burning YC Mrs. Claus Cookies and SH Piggy Munch. This is the first candle I bought from them and I have to say I love the scent and the throw is great!

I am returning my YC Christmas Cupcake. It was tunneling no matter how long it burned. I was wondering if they gave a credit? I have so many candles right now that I would like to wait until the new spring scents come out. I sometimes have trouble getting a throw from some candles because my ceilings are all high. I have been able to smell candles in the same scent from YC in my SIL's house so I really think the height of my ceilings is a factor.

CF has introduced me to so many new and wonderful vendors. I have an order for a candle sampler in the 9 oz. mason jars coming from CBV. That will be a first for me also.

Yes, for those who have not seen Trading Places, it's a classic. I think he's eating beard and salmon...I have seen my husband in that condition before, also.....This evening I am melting EE-Crystal Lake and changing out some melters for tomorrow. Have a great night-time for my luxruious bath time. Nighty night...

ea8af959.gifHello! wave.gif

katz...your avatar cracks me up. I like that movie. You last avatar had me chuckling too.Laughing_2.gif

Jules...know what you mean about feeling chatty. I was that way last night. I probably talked ([posted) too much. smiley_emoticons_xmas4_talk.gif

Melting SSS Pumpkin Crunch Cookie in the LR

SSS Sweet Country Custard in the BR

Nene's Sandalwood Vanilla in Grantata's room (he loves smell goods as much as I do) Smiley-1.png

Hope everyone has had a beautimous day! love.gif

I'm laughing at myself because I honestly wondered if that was a photo of Katz's DH! [smilie=th_bb20] Funnnnny!

Gail

[smilie=th_pardon] Gail, now you've got to see that movie....in that scene he's pretty plastered...too funny!

Aria~ I bought a ton of the seedling cups a while ago and I liked their scents...unique...but nothing that "grabbed me"....I was thinking of trying again at some point. I currently have 1 quart candle left and trying to use it up. I like it but I wouldn't think that Elf Farts would smell like citrus. [smilie=th_giggle]

Everything is still melting and burning the same here.

Did a switcharoo with the melts....started Snow Covered Pines from CanDo...love this one!!! Wonder why she didn't bring it back this year?

Looks like I need to read some posts and get caught up! Right now, Oregon is playing Oregon for the Rose Bowl seat - Woohoo! What a great civil war game!! [smilie=th_bb20]

Melting Missy's Amazon Mist

Looks like I need to read some posts and get caught up! Right now, Oregon is playing Oregon for the Rose Bowl seat - Woohoo! What a great civil war game!! [smilie=th_pardon]

Melting Missy's Amazon Mist

DH is watching that. Which is why I'm back here on the board again tonight. [smilie=th_giggle]

Melting Swan Creek - Gingerbread in three, count them - three melters. It smells like [smilie=th_bb20]

Whaaaat? You are not watching it, jues??? [smilie=th_bb20] Sheesh. Seems like everyone in the state was wearing either orange or green today.

Tropical Breeze - Biolage

Good Morning! coffee-4.gif

Melting Carol's Spiced Cranberry again today....it smelled so good the other day, I just wanted to smell it again!

Also melting a cube from a Northern Maine clamshell....Fresh Cut Maine Pine....so good. Anyone here remember Northern Maine? This scent is about the most authentic pine scent I've tried. The clams are a few years old and still pack a punch!!! Such a bummer that they closed!

Jules, that Swan Creek Gingerbread sounds so good!

Jules, all your trees sound so good. bet your house smells just like Christmas.

Aria, wish I had gotten the spiced cran now. I got the holiday cranberry noel which is surprisingly a bit weak and I don't smell much cran. oh well.

SSS country custard so far. nothing else going yet. have a good day, all. I think I'll see a bit of sun today. yay